London/Paris or Germany

mcgrawfamily

Earning My Ears
We are planning a graduation trip for our son. Two years ago we went on the Italy ABD so it is difficult to get excited about a destination other than Italy. We always loved the old Germany trip itinerary but are a little concerned about the one. However, Germany is a location our son is interested in as is London/Paris (with a few days built in for Paris Disneyland). If anyone has been on one of these tours recently can you please share your thoughts?

Thanks!

Also I looked at the Seine River cruise but the dates that we needed did not have any rooms left that fit 3 adults. Does Disney by chance give two rooms?

I did the Germany trip in July and I've done both London and Paris DLP on my own. I don't think there's a bad choice in the bunch!

Here's a link to my Germany trip report.

We are planning a graduation trip for our son. Two years ago we went on the Italy ABD so it is difficult to get excited about a destination other than Italy. We always loved the old Germany trip itinerary but are a little concerned about the one. However, Germany is a location our son is interested in as is London/Paris (with a few days built in for Paris Disneyland). If anyone has been on one of these tours recently can you please share your thoughts?

Thanks!

Also I looked at the Seine River cruise but the dates that we needed did not have any rooms left that fit 3 adults. Does Disney by chance give two rooms?

Has he looked at the trip reports and given input? That's how I'm ending up on my 2nd Danube cruise in June, LOL.

I've been on 2 river cruises and ABD is NOT generous with the room situation. The rooms that sleep 3 have a fold out bed (there's actually a thread on this forum about it:
https://disboards.com/threads/question-about-“chair-bed”-on-ama-viola.3736281/ ). I would not have an adult try to sleep on it. It's worked out better/more cheaply for us to book 2 cabins (the cheapest ones). Also, on the Seine and Rhone they have 2 single rooms so you or your travel agent could try to snap up one of those if it's for 2021 or beyond (I didn't see when he was graduating, sorry).

Another thought is to do one of the other Italy itineraries if that would appeal more to him. I know how hard it is to pin down teenagers, though. Good luck with your decision, these trips are pricey.

Also, on the Seine and Rhone they have 2 single rooms so you or your travel agent could try to snap up one of those if it's for 2021 or beyond (I didn't see when he was graduating, sorry).
I don't believe the ship used for the Seine even *has* any rooms that fit 3 adults. The only ships I know of that have rooms that sleep 3 are the ships that are used for the Danube and the Rhine. All of the cabins on the ship use for the Seine (the AmaLyra) only sleep 2, except for the two Single cabins, which sleep 1. @mcgrawfamily, you should check with ABD and see if there are any single cabins left for the departure you want (assuming your son will be 18 by the time you sail, or one of you sleeps with your son & the other by themselves). There is no single supplement for the Single cabin, so the cost would be the same as booking 3 in one cabin if you could. If you book 2 regular cabins, I'm pretty certain they'd charge you a single supplement for the second cabin (which, on the river cruises, is unfortunately an extra 100%, or the same as 2 people in a cabin, minus the port charges).

Sayhello

Last edited:

If you book 2 regular cabins, I'm pretty certain they'd charge you a single supplement for the second cabin

Oh, they do! But I've found it prices out better AND there's an extra bathroom AND no surly teenager wanting to sleep in:)

I haven't done the tours specifically, but I have been to most of the places they go. London and Paris are larger cities than Munich or Berlin, and I believe you spend more time in those cities, while on the Germany trip you take more excursions to small towns. I think if you're more interested in famous landmarks and museums, London and Paris is definitely the way to go. Also, if your son has never been to any of these places or Europe in general, London/Paris might have more to offer.

With budget airlines, it's not too difficult or expensive to add a few days in DLP before or after the Germany trip if you really want to go there. I would highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!