Long balcony rooms at Aulani?

gopper

Earning My Ears
my trip is coming up next month and I want to make a room request. We have a 2 bedroom dedicated ocean view villa. I have heard about the “long balcony” rooms, which would be great for my family of five to sit on together and have meals. But I am having trouble figuring out if there are any facing the ocean and the pool, or are they only on the luau side? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I think it's the rooms ending in 50 that are 2br dedicated with the connected balconies (in the Ewa wing section closest to the lobby). The other wing on the other side of the lobby is I believe the hotel wing, so even though they have straight balconies they wouldn't have DVC 2br villas.

Follow the link in this quote (the arrow is a hyperlink) to see a map:

Here's an attempt at annotating the room locations on the building

Last edited:
I think it's the rooms ending in 50 that are 2br dedicated with the connected balconies (in the Ewa wing section closest to the lobby). The other wing on the other side of the lobby is I believe the hotel wing, so even though they have straight balconies they wouldn't have DVC 2br villas.
Thanks for your help!

We stayed in 1150 a few years ago, it was great! the balcony stretches all three sliding glass doors.... its the EWA phase 1 tower. This time we have requested 1286 or 1486 as they are closest to the ocean, but the master bedroom has its own balcony and the other two sliding glass doors have to share one. our back up plan / request is 1150 or higher ( ending in 50 ) both of these rooms are at the ends of the towers so also less foot traffic outside your rooms... ( we made sure we called the resort right at the 10 day check in window to have our requests added to the reservation )

Good luck and enjoy!!!

See the third post before yours, follow the link to that other post (the up-arrow is a link), that has a map of Aulani and the room number layout.

We were definitely facing the pool and ocean in our 2BR with the full long balcony. We were at (or near?) the end of the hallway in Ewa Tower. When we looked down (7th floor) we were able to look almost right down at the koi pond. Fantastic views of the ocean and the entire pool system and when you turned your head to the right, you could see the hills. It was a little bit too sunny in the afternoon but perfect in the morning and early evening. We had breakfast out there a couple of times and usually sat out with coffee on the days before we went out for breakfast.

Aulani Disney resort and spa could be a smart choice for you. You not to be worry on this note and just go ahead. I am sure will have fun as figuring out for your family. It could be great fun for you. Hopefully, obstructed views of the pool will let you have fun fully.

Is there any rhyme or reason to which rooms have a triangle shaped balconies or ones that are more rectangle shaped?

Is there any rhyme or reason to which rooms have a triangle shaped balconies or ones that are more rectangle shaped?

I have tried to research this and have looked at a lot of room and resort pictures over the last couple of weeks. And I have come to the conclusion that for DVC it is only the rooms that end with 50 through 69. I think both of the long end wings of the Ewa Building (70-89) and the Waianae Building (01-13) have triangular balconies. The hotel rooms might all have rectangular balconies, I did not veryfiy that as I don't have a hotel room.

We are leaving aulani tomorrow am. We have 1050 s two bedroom in Eva. Both bedrooms and living area have access to the balcony. We always request Eva building, 9th floor or above in the 50 series. If you get a room ending in 50 in Eva you have an ocean view out to right and another view to the left of the mountains and the oceAn. It’s greAt. Also when we get a two bedroom we always request dedicated because that way you get a half bath off living room.

Looking at the resort layout, the rectangular ones have a more direct ocean view straight out from the room. The triangular ones have views more off to one side. So I believe the triangles are there to get a better angle when sitting in a chair, you can back up against a wall and look straight ahead and see the ocean easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts