Long... Beaches N Cream quickest way

We4mickey

Cast Member
Our dilema is that we will not have a vehicle to use as transportation this trip. We are all in RV's so no car. I want to get my dad over to Beaches n Cream. His dad used to have a soda fountain in his pharmacy when my dad was a kid, so this is nostalgia for him. He gets really motion sick, thus the bus ride that far could do him in. The boats are not an issue. Anyone have any creative ideas? We thought about monorail to epcot and the boat over to boardwalk area, but I don't think you can do that without actually going ino Epcot. He also uses a cane, so the least amount of walking is great. I'm not asking too much am I? :confused3 Any help is appreciated.

I am pretty sure you have to go into epcot to get to the international gate ( where the boat is) .... I was trying to think, because I don't like walking either... bad ankles, how we did it. We took bus to dhs, and then boat to yacht and beach club.... LOTS OF WALKING from bus to boat at dhs to get down to boat...

I quit, call a taxi LOL I don't know how to get there without a bus.... hope someone else can help... Sorry.

I actually had thought about a taxi, but I am worried it could be as bad of a ride as he could get on a bus. It would be our luck. Any other ideas?

I don't know if this is possible....but ask at the front desk to see if Disney will transport you in one of their vans. I've seen them picking up guests at the cabins, so I don't know why they couldn't do this. Again, I'm thinking $$$$... but it may be able to be done.

This may be a long shot....but if you explain the situation to a comapassionate CM, they may get you a limo (or at least a car) to get you over there. One time I was like 8 months prego and we had been staying at the swan, but switched partway through to POFQ. Since there is no good way to get from one to the other with bags in tow...and considering the state I was in...the concierge called a limo for us. No charge, just tip! Might be an option.....

Oh, you guys are good. I never thought of those options. Do you think I should just wait until were there or call ahead to see about it? He will really enjoy it. I am just so worried that he will be sick or worn out by the time we get there.

OK, using just Disney transportation, take the bus to MGM then walk to the boats and take the boat over to BC/YC. It will take you over an hour but it's a nice trip. This avoids a lot of walking through Epcot and you don't need park entrance to do it.

OOOPS sorry just sawmotion sickness. How will he get to the parks in general other than MK?

I can't believe Ami wanted to have the guy get pregnant..... what a bad idea.

If your dad gets so motion sick :sick: on the bus or boat, how is he going to get to The Fort in an RV? :confused:

Maybe if you have him close his eyes on the bus he can pretend it's an RV.

I heard they're opening up a fancy schmancy ice cream place where river country used to be, behind where they are knocking down trails end.

First off I suggest he take Bonine if he can. I like that better then Dramamine. I am wondering too if he will have problems driving in the motorhome since you are concerned about the bus.

When you check in at the Fort ask them what the best way is to get there and they may just pick you up and take you. The only thing is not sure about getting back. When we checked in last trip we were doing the Behind the Steams tour at MK and I asked them the best way to get there because we had to be there so early. The guy went in the back, came back out and told me they would pick us up at our site in the morning and take us to MK. I thought that was really nice. We did tip the driver.

Good luck.

If he can handle the RV ride to FTW from Wisconson he can handle the boat to MK and the bus to the beach club have him sit in a window seat facing forward this works for me. I'll bet if you tell him you are getting special transportation for him he will kick your butts. I would

normally he doesn't get sick in his vehicle because he is driving.. although there have been times that he got motion sick while driving his own snowmobile
puke.gif
.. those trails can be pretty bad sometimes...

when he has someone else drive his vehicle for him, he is taking a nap
sleeping-smiley-012.gif

:scratchin

so, i guess i just figured out how we could get him over there, lynn... we'll conk him out and haul his hinde end onto the fastest bus we can :drive:

goodnite.gif

normally he doesn't get sick in his vehicle because he is driving..

Better yet, bop the bus driver over the head and let Dad slide behind the wheel. He can even make all the stops if he wants to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter