Long Island Disers!

I am really getting tired of all this hype over snow- or as they are all called now "nor'easters"- last storm we got all of 2" of snow and the news made it out like we were getting this crazy wild storm. Now this week they are calling for another "nor'easter"- I am really hoping this is a dud because we have an fundraiser with Teresa Caputo this Wednesday and we still have some tickets to sell for it!!

How is the housing market by you?
Ds1 keeps getting constantly outbid on houses
Ds2 and future dil havent found anything they like yet

They say its a sellers market for sure. There are so many bidding wars. Ds1 just said his friend sold his house for $20K over asking and his house was not in a good area. They wanted out. They had lots of offers.

There is a foreclosed house on our street that is now on the market and there are open houses this week end. I can only imagine the people it will bring in.

I'm hoping it's a good market to sell. We are putting our house up mid May. A realtor, a friend, told us we should do well since our taxes are under $10,000, we live on a dead end (only house on the street) and that we have a built in pool and fire place. He told us to put it up on For sale by owner. We may give that a try before we use a realtor.

Anna - you should do great selling!

Ds1 gets outbid again, sigh. Ds1 and almost dil got outbid on 2 houses also. Its crazy.

Dh is getting over the flu. Spring where are you?

We are in Port Jefferson Station, north of 347 east of 112. We are in Commsewogue school district. If you are familiar with the area my neighbor hood is just north of the old Pathmark which is becoming a Shop Rite.

We are in Port Jefferson Station, north of 347 east of 112. We are in Commsewogue school district. If you are familiar with the area my neighbor hood is just north of the old Pathmark which is becoming a Shop Rite.

Very familiar with that area! I asked ds 1 to look there. He told me he is not interested. I said its a great school district. I think they do not do common core there. Our one friends dd is a teacher and she specifically bought a house there because of that!

Ds1 is interested in Centereach/Selden and I think Ds 2 and almost ddil are interested in North Babylon and Lindenhurst area?

I just saw a house online and it was gone in 3 days, omg!! Ds1 has looked at houses even during his lunch hour as soon as his agent can get him an appt.

I forgot to mention the jury duty target is on our backs again. Ds3 just went to CI and he said there were 50 people in the room and then they were all told to go home. He wanted to have some time off work he said lol.

Ds2 has gotten the questionaire. I know they got his name off the voting records because one letter in his last name is spelled wrong.

In August my 2 year time is up and they will re evaluate my medical stuff, so I will see if they pick me again. I will just have the dr. write another note as usual.

I forgot to mention the jury duty target is on our backs again. Ds3 just went to CI and he said there were 50 people in the room and then they were all told to go home. He wanted to have some time off work he said lol.

Ds2 has gotten the questionaire. I know they got his name off the voting records because one letter in his last name is spelled wrong.

In August my 2 year time is up and they will re evaluate my medical stuff, so I will see if they pick me again. I will just have the dr. write another note as usual.

I have to laugh about jury duty. My son got his questionnaire and within a couple of months he was called. He postponed it since he should be living out of state before it happens again. I only have 11 months before retirement so I'm hoping they don't get to me before I move to New Hampshire. My husband seems to always get called for Grand Jury out in Riverhead. If either of your sons rethink their choices let me know. One of my neighbors is a medical park. No better neighbor then that lol. Especially on the weekend.

How's everyone doing? Left long island rain for Disney rain but it was a good trip last week. Our southwest flight only had about 100 people coming back.

Oldest son finally bought a house. Son2 and almost daughter in law keep getting out bid. It's so crazy with the housing market.Last house they saw in East Northport or kings park already had two offers over asking.

We are checking out the new Argyle Theatre in Babylon this weekend- so happy they renovated that place and made it a performing arts venue!!

I can't wait to check out the new theater. I love that it is so close to my home and we love Babylon village.

Only bad thing is the darn spring fest is that day so deer park ave closed and parking is going to be horrific! I am bringing my 90 year old mom so don't want to park to far away! My daughter works at Kilwins in the village.

aprilgail - your dd has a dream job. I love Kilwins! My ds bought me a bunch of chocolate from the Port Jeff store for Mother's day. So good! I hope she brings you lots of samples home!

Some kind of sporting week in New York/Long Island Subway Series, Belmont Stakes and US Open starting Thursday. Wish I had tickets for the Open, went and loved it.

I might be leaving Staten Island for Long Island. The only thing that is Long Islands property taxes are pretty expensive compared to Staten Island.

I might be leaving Staten Island for Long Island. The only thing that is Long Islands property taxes are pretty expensive compared to Staten Island.
I moved to Melville from Staten Island (Tottenville) in 2006.
I'm now in the process of moving to Florida. DH got a promotion that requires him to be based near Miami. I'm starting to pack up my house and get it ready to go on the market.

Real estate is beyond crazy here right now. Ds2 and fdil just bought a house in Commack. People started upping the offers and one couple was even knocking on the door during the home inspection.

Her sister and bil just got an accepted offer in Hicksville. He will have to deal with the train station parking nightmare.

good luck to everyone selling and buying.

Anyone familiar with fish?
the d's went out of Captree and caught sea bass and blues
They caught one fish that even the crew didn't know what it was.
They said it could be poisonous and used a metal object to get it off the pole.
the picture looked like it was greenish/silver with black markings throughout and huge eyes
any insights?

Anyone familiar with fish?
the d's went out of Captree and caught sea bass and blues
They caught one fish that even the crew didn't know what it was.
They said it could be poisonous and used a metal object to get it off the pole.
the picture looked like it was greenish/silver with black markings throughout and huge eyes
any insights?

a sea robin??

Not a sea robin. The one crew member said he has been on the boat 4 years and never saw anything like it before.

so I guess their policy is to be cautious.

strange but interesting. Never know what's in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!