Long Island Disers!

We grieved taxes a few years ago through a service and won. Took about a year.
They charge half of the reduction. Used a local Huntington place. The big one mark something wouldn’t take our case

We grieved taxes a few years ago through a service and won. Took about a year.
They charge half of the reduction. Used a local Huntington place. The big one mark something wouldn’t take our case

I think my son is using that Mark place. Just wondering why they wouldn't take your case?I

They review your info and only take cases they think they can win. It just takes time and often goes to an appeal. Not a quick process

We used Zap my tax. We grieved our taxes every year until 2 years ago when they said they wouldn't do because we wouldn't win since we grieved so often. We have some of the lower taxes in my neighborhood.

Well I went to the DMV yesterday. Took my walker. What a zoo. I got the vip treatment for some reason and they took me ahead of like 100 people there. Dh was amazed!

They had to take my photo about 8 times. Half my left neck is cut out due to the cancer so it's hard to keep it straight.

Applied for the new license. Just needed social security card, birth and marriage certificate and showed them voter notice. All was fine.

Trying to book a southwest flight out of Islip to Orlando for May, so many sold out flights for the times we want.

Enjoy another rainy weekend. The forecaster said we have had rain 18 out of 20 days? Wow.

Hope everyone has a great upcoming week end.

Anyone going to the air show at Jones Beach?

How is your local dmv? Now ds3 went and he said he had to wait in a line outside just to get in the door. I don't know if ours needs a bigger location, more employees etc. I know you can make appointments now too.

Goodbye soon to the 17 Long Island Dress Barn stores. I never shopped there though.

Anyone just experience the bad storms?
ds2 in Commack just sent me pictures. Told him God was watching out for them. Neighbors tree just missed their cars by two feet. The tree tore down the power lines so they are stuck inside.

just dark clouds by me a few drops and windy. This was about 3:00pm. Otherwise sunny and blue skies.

Commack is A mess. Neighbors tree cracked in half and landed in my yard. No power. Not expected to be back until tomorrow 3PM.
Roads blocked all over

We were in NH for the storm but my MIL, on Morewood in Smithtown, came home to a tree limb down and a smashed glass table. Holy moly.

It was crazy. It looked like hurricane sandy around here. Roads impassable. Power out for days. All for a storm that lasted no more than 15 minutes. CraZy to think that much destruction so quickly and out of no where. The sun was out right afterwards. Thankful no injuries. It really is amazing that there weren’t any

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Finally went over my ds2 house in Commack and saw what was left of his neighors tree. The whole thing was uprooted wow! That was some storm!

Now ds1 got another jury duty notice. He is not happy only because he just started a new job. I have posted before that they will just systematically send notices to all of our family. I don't know why some people never get called and ours is always as soon as they can get them??

I'm officially no longer a Long Islander. We moved to Florida last August, we accepted an offer on our house in November and finally closed last Friday. New owners are taking possession on friday. We are flying up on Tuesday to do a finally cleanout. Have to figure out how to get rid of the furniture and stuff that we don't want.

Closely following the weather forecast for tomorrow. I hope we will get some kids but we shall see.
And true as true can be now my dh just got the jury duty questionnaire. They always dismiss him when he goes anyway.
Honestly, the jury duty target is always on our backs sigh.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Restaurant week is Nov 3-10. We are trying a place in Port Jefferson for a birthday celebration tomm. Last year we tried a place in Patchogue.
We only had 15 trick or treaters. The weather was horrible, so windy.

This thread is so quiet.
How is everyone doing? My dh is working from home. Son1 working from home and survived a 10 person lay off so far.
Son 2 working from home and dil getting unemployment.
Son 3 taking care of icu covid patients at SBU.
If you read about it saw on tv the lst LIRR worker to die of covid that was a friend of ours. Truly heart breaking. Such a great guy.
I need lot of medical tests but worried. Our local quest lab closed for 2 weeks.
Hang in there everyone!

This thread is so quiet.
How is everyone doing? My dh is working from home. Son1 working from home and survived a 10 person lay off so far.
Son 2 working from home and dil getting unemployment.
Son 3 taking care of icu covid patients at SBU.
If you read about it saw on tv the lst LIRR worker to die of covid that was a friend of ours. Truly heart breaking. Such a great guy.
I need lot of medical tests but worried. Our local quest lab closed for 2 weeks.
Hang in there everyone!
I’ve been wondering how everyone is doing. I’m so sorry about your friend. My good friend’s husband works for LIRR. She’s been nervous for him. And please let your son know he’s appreciated for the work he’s doing!
DH is a teacher and I’m a teaching assistant so we’re both working from home. I’m finding it more challenging trying to help my HS age son keep up with his schoolwork. Some of it has been overwhelming. I know the teachers are doing their best given the circumstances, but this is HARD for some kids!
I miss my students terribly. They’re Life Skills kids and distance learning doesn’t work very well for my group.
My oldest is a senior. She was cast as the lead in the musical and it was cancelled and had her lacrosse season cancelled. I picked up her prom gown from the Seamtress’ porch last week. It’ll most likely be cancelled. Now I’m just hoping they make graduation special for these kids.
I hope everyone out there stays healthy.

Sorry for your loss. We have also lost a good friend, and two acquaintances to the virus. :sad1:

DH has been commuting on the LIRR for many years, and after working from home almost 8 weeks now, dreads going back on the trains.

We are hanging in, staying the course, taking it day by day, and week by week. Can’t imagine how things will be by summer. I think Cuomo has done a good job despite the many challenges. This whole thing is so surreal. :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter