Longest you've waited for a ride

karpy111

DIS Veteran
I just looked at wait times and the parks seem really busy. FOP is 170 minute wait. What's the longest you ever waited for a ride ?

Ever? I'd say maybe 60 minutes, but that was years ago. I'm not into standing in long lines. I don't think we've waited in line for an attraction at WDW more than 30 minutes in several years.

I think I waited 70ish minutes for Navi River Journey opening weekend. Flight of Passage probably around the same. I wouldn’t wait much more than that ever.

We've waited 2 1/2 hours during the Passholder preview of Radiator Springs Racers, it kept breaking down or tripping false track and seatbelt alerts.
We waited 2+ hours when Indiana Jones first opened. No fastpass or anything back then, you wanted to ride, you waited. AT&T sponsored little decoder cards they gave out so you could translate all the inscriptions throughout the temple, so that was pretty cool.

45 minutes....maybe.....back in the paper FP days. I wasn't very good at "deciding" to pick up a FP for certain rides and REALLY wanted to ride so ended up doing standby because FP was out. My limit today is 30 minutes and that typically is ONLY if me and family are trying to cool off so we'll find an indoor queue of a ride we enjoy to do just that.

Okay, well, don't judge me on this.

We waited 3.5 hours to meet Anna and Elsa in 2014. It was our first trip as a family and I didn't know if my DH would want to go back, so I wanted to make sure the girls got to do absolutely everything they wanted.

2 hours for new Nemo Ride at DLR ( I so miss the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea), so I had to ride in the new yellow subs. 3 hours for TSMM in the very early days of the ride. Never again.

Okay, well, don't judge me on this.

We waited 3.5 hours to meet Anna and Elsa in 2014. It was our first trip as a family and I didn't know if my DH would want to go back, so I wanted to make sure the girls got to do absolutely everything they wanted.

:faint: :eek:

I'm not judging I'm curious. Was this at Disney and EPCOT? And were they new to Somerhaus? I've just never heard or seen a character meet line get that long. And have you guys made it back?

Longest ever? 3 hours for Space Mountain the first time I rode it :sad2:
It sounds ridiculous actually saying it lol
Longest wait I'll put up with now is 70 minutes, and that would only be for FoP

:faint: :eek:

I'm not judging I'm curious. Was this at Disney and EPCOT? And were they new to Somerhaus? I've just never heard or seen a character meet line get that long. And have you guys made it back?
Lol, yes. We're planning our 4th trip since then. And it was before they moved to Somerhaus. They were in the MK in the princess meet & greet where Elena and Rapunzel are now.

Just over an hour for SM - long before fp or FP+. I’m still scarred by it. lol In recent years, a posted time of 45 that turned out to be 30 for SDMT on an EMH event, at closing and our last night of the trip. Normally, 30 is my max, but my grandson begged to ride one more time.

So this will show my age, but it was either 20,000 Leagues, and/or Jungle Cruise, and it approached 2 hours... no smart phones, just family to converse with and complain about feeling like cattle, and baking in the bright glorious Florida sunshine when I was a kid (20,000 was uncovered, Jungle Cruise was covered but holy smokes the whole queue was full, the whhooooollleee queue and then some). This is one reason I don't complain about the "waits" now, and love FP+, with which I don't usually stand in line any more than it takes to navigate the FP queue.

A little over an hour for FOP on opening day of Pandora. We were in the first wave of people they let in.

150 or 170 minutes for FOP. It was just my husband and I and he was really excited to experience the Pandora attractions for the first time. The only fastpass I could find for FOP was checkout day so we waited patiently in line on our first Animal Kingdom day just in case we couldn't make it back on our check-out day.

The regular queue area is pretty cool. I have no idea how they made the blobs in the experiment room move around they way they do. We had a fun game in the more boring queue areas trying to find this older lady behind us in line that had a crapload of luggage. She would disappear and then mysteriously reappear in line. I guess she had family ahead of her so she'd sit down in a corner for a while then catch up with them periodically.

I definitely don't plan on riding in standby ever again; my dogs sure were barking after standing in line that long. Fortunately, we had a nice meal at Satuli afterward so I could get off my feet for a bit.

A little over 2 hours for FoP. Worth every minute but wouldn’t wait it again. Everything else never over an hour.

In the days before FP, I remember spending well over an hour for 20,000 Leagues. It was my dad’s favorite, but my was that line slow.

Since FP, we waited about 90 minutes for our first ride on Star Tours 2.0 the day it opened. We waited in line for about 3 hours before the park opened that day so we could get the opening day merchandise DH had his head set on. Then, we waited another 3 hours for the opening ceremony for the ride. So, it was a total of 7.5 hours in various lines that day for Star Tours stuff, but I would do it again. It was a lot of fun being part of the excitement, and I’m only a Star Wars fan by marriage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter