Looking for a grand villa with a view at OKW!

thepoohbear

Mouseketeer
Here is yet another question for OKW experts:
When we head down in November for our Grand Villa stay (yippee:pinkbounc ) we would like to have a great view. I was thinking a view of the canal to DD would be great which I think is in South Point. Has anyone stayed in a GV there? Can you tell me a good villa number to request? By the way, we will have a car this time so proximity to HH is not a problem.
Thanks for all your help!

Keep in mind that there are not many Grand Villas. And on any given day, there are typically only a few check-outs from Grand Villas, so only a few become available for check-in.. Even if someone recommends a Grand Villa to you in a specific building, what's the chance that this particular Grand Villa will be available on the day you are checking in?

If you have a preference, such as water view or golf course view or a particular "neighborhood" of Old Key West, have Member Services note it on your reservation.

Ah, good point. OK, maybe I can change my question a bit. I've been to the Turtle Crawl area and liked that but that's the only "neighborhood" I'm familiar with. Can anyone give advice on that front? Like I said, I don't need to be near the HH. I would prefer something quiet and scenic (although really the whole resort is beautiful). I'll try asking for an area and requesting a water view. Hopefully this will be better.

I don't think that any particular "neighborhood" of Old Key West is really much better than any other. If you would prefer a water view or canal view, make that your only request (along with your smoking/non-smoking preference). Then, if another party is checking out of a Grand Villa with such a view on the day that you're checking in, you might be lucky and get it.

I agree with the others that asking for a specific GV would not be a good idea, but you can request an area etc. that might give you the view you want. Unfortunately, the view you are speaking of has no GVs. The GV's at Southpoint are not near the canal. We stayed in a GV in building 22 and had a lovely view of golf course and sunsets.

I have stayed in seven different Grand Villas at OKW. They all had great views. Some were golf, some water, some woods.

This year I have begun to request a location for about the first time. I tequested the turtle pond area. The kids that will be staying with us are old enought to walk to a pool by themselves.

We stayed at a GV last Dec. with a golf course view and it was great!

:bounce:

Hubby and I moved to 1-bedrm after the rest of our party left and enjoyed that view as well.
So, far all the building we have stayed in have had nice views and quiet surroundings.

We've stayed in bldg 51 (on Peninsular Drive in the back of the resort) and in bldg 63 (right across from HH in the front).

Bldg 51 had a nice view of the course, but you could see the highway and hear the traffic when out on the balcony (not inside, though). I personally did not like being in the back of the resort.

Bldg 63 had a nice view of the golf course too, but you could see and hear the traffic coming in and out of OKW. However, it didn't bother us and didn't effect our vacation at all. Plus, I liked being close to the HH and the main pool.

You've given me lots to think about. Good to know that I can't have a canal view since I really had my hopes up for that. I'll have to do that on another trip :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter