Looking for an inexpensive resort in the Dominican Republic for the first

What about the Florida Keys(places to stay are usually a little cheaper in the upper Keys) or a cruise?
I priced out a cruise from here, but the first week of July is expensive, summer and a holiday week. DH is dying to go to the Keys! We will be empty nesters in under 4 years, maybe we will Escape winter for the first time ever and go to Florida!

Does it have to be the week of 4th of July.
Probably insanely busy, and expensive, in most places!!!
Like 3 - 4 deep, shoulder to shoulder, on the beach.
In July, Southern Florida might be cheaper for a hotel/resort...
That is a lower season, because it is HOT!!!!

I was going to recommend the Panhandle... the NorthWest FL 'Emerald Coast'.
We love this area.
But, in July, it will be so packed!!!
And, very hot as well.
And, it can be expensive, since it is high-season.

We travel to Destin, off-season.
Will be there in a few weeks, in May.
Beautiful beaches if there are no water quality issues with Seaweed.
White sand, nice water, but usually not as clear and blue as the Caribbean.
But, almost!

Depending on what they are looking for, Ft Walton and/or Navarre would be more low-key.
But, maybe too low-key for a couple in their 20's????

Does it have to be the week of 4th of July.
Probably insanely busy, and expensive, in most places!!!
Like 3 - 4 deep, shoulder to shoulder, on the beach.
In July, Southern Florida might be cheaper for a hotel/resort...
That is a lower season, because it is HOT!!!!

I was going to recommend the Panhandle... the NorthWest FL 'Emerald Coast'.
We love this area.
But, in July, it will be so packed!!!
And, very hot as well.
And, it can be expensive, since it is high-season.

We travel to Destin, off-season.
Will be there in a few weeks, in May.
Beautiful beaches if there are no water quality issues with Seaweed.
White sand, nice water, but usually not as clear and blue as the Caribbean.
But, almost!

Depending on what they are looking for, Ft Walton and/or Navarre would be more low-key.
But, maybe too low-key for a couple in their 20's????
It is the only week she has off from school, now they are thinking about visiting his sister in Denver. I think one issue is what they really want to do is go to Thailand, but he doesn’t have the $1300 for the flight right now. Once there, everything is pretty cheap. She does.

How about Myrtle Beach? I’m a Hilton Head girl myself but I think college kids may have a blast there.

How about Myrtle Beach? I’m a Hilton Head girl myself but I think college kids may have a blast there.
I actually mentioned Hilton Head to her, I’m going to look at flights. DH and I went there for an anniversary, we loved riding bikes on the beach.

It is the only week she has off from school, now they are thinking about visiting his sister in Denver. I think one issue is what they really want to do is go to Thailand, but he doesn’t have the $1300 for the flight right now. Once there, everything is pretty cheap. She does.

I was going to suggest Denver, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Sedona..... I guess I am a little weird, you could not pay me to stay on a beach for a week in July. Does not sound fun. We actually did not step foot on the beach on our weekend to Ft Myers. lol We are not lay on the beach people. My DD is going to Thailand in July. She is so excited. I am a little jealous. Her friend invited her along. It is her friends high school graduation gift and she could invite a friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter