• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for best route (and hopefully scenic too!) from San Diego to DL

KyMattDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi there...we will be arriving in CA on Friday 6/24 in San Diego and staying there until mid-late afternoon Monday, 6/27...we are then off to DL until Sunday 7/3...can someone provide the best directions (and hopefully scenic) for the trip to DL.

We will most likely go from SD to Legoland on Monday AM and then to Anahiem....thanks!!!!!

I did Mapquest from point to point....but wasn't sure if that made sense.......

sorry I don't have the directions that I printed out with me...will check and post the route they are instructing.

Here are the mapquest directions

Pacific Terrace Hotel to Legoland

Main Road is I5 North

Legoland to DLH

Back onto I5 North......

any feedback is appreciated

Hi on our last SD/ DISNEY/LegoLand tour , we left I5 at Dana point ( past Legoland) and went to the Pacific Coast Hwy. It was beautiful..

The PCH is known aka Route 1 and it goes all the way up the coast of California

Its an easy trek and its an easy over to DL/Anaheim (I believe we took Harbor all the way over-)

-em

KyMattDisney said:
does the pacific coast highway feed into Anahiem....where we would exit or are there signs?

No, it does not pass by Anahiem so there will be no exit signs. If you're looking for a direct route; stick to I-5. If you'd like a more scenic route, you might consider PCH put not all of PCH is costal. It will probably take an extra 25 -30 mins. from PCH to get to Anahiem depending your route (freeway or streets) and time of day your travelling

Not being from CA we probably didn't take the best route.. but we got off of PCH at Newport Beach and took I55 to I5 to DL. ..We stopped at Crystal Cove STate Park and the kids went swimming in the Pacific Ocean for the 1st time...

I did the reverse trip last year, but I was staying in Newport Beach. We followed PCH for quite a while, past Laguna I think, then we took I-5 the rest of the way to San Diego. Like one of the previous posters said, not all of it is scenic.

One option is to stay on PCH until Long Beach, and there's a freeway, the 22, I think it's called Long Beach Freeway that goes to Anaheim and Garden Grove. Please verify that though, it's been a while since we drove on the freeway from Long Beach to Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter