Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
debbie I love the grocery thread. I don't have a pantry. I have large lazy susan and cupboard that houses my dry goods. I did this before we went to WDW. I was suprised how much was there. I have now sworn to buy more basics and make the things that come in the boxes. Yeah that lasted 2 days.

Sorry to hear everyone has allergies. I went thru shots 2 times when I was younger. They did help. Now I just end up with the occassional runny nose.

I happy to see that Kara, Cammie and JIllian will be meeting up. You guys have a great time.

Katherine is tearing apart the office. I'd better go find her something constructive to do like clean up the playroom. We are going to reorg the house and move Beth to the basement bedroom which requires me to clean out the family room to make room for the toys. Anyone have any coupons for Ikea? I'm getting the Billy Bookcase to hold all their toys.

DH keeps giving me the nudge to book a trip for August, but hello we haven't paid for the last trip from April. I wish we'd win the lottery or something, but as soon as I say it I think of the people who are really poor and then I feel guilty for thinking it.:duck:

Well the crazy weekend is starting for me. That's right it's DANCE RECITAL time here at the LALA house. That means a marathon weekend of dance festivities. Today we have dance practice at 4:30pm and then a softball game at 6pm. Tomorrow we have our usual 3 hours of dance class. Saturday we have softball practice followed by dance rehearsel and then Sunday is the SHOW! :banana:

So for now I'm going to finish the laundry :laundy: finally, get dressed, get DD5 onto the bus and then go get my hair done. I need to stop looking like trailer trash - 2 inch dark roots on my blond hair -:scared1: - not a good look.

I know everyone is having problems with their allergies, but the flowers look so good!

karajeboo & Debbie - I just went shopping last week after not going for a month - are you ready - $348 :scared1: Well that will get us through for 3 weeks at least. Usually I only shop twice a month with an occasional stop for milk and I can keep it under $200 for my family of 4. So that's not so bad, but this last one I have to make last for awhile.

Yikes! Way to go though. Have a good crazy weekend!

debbie I love the grocery thread. I don't have a pantry. I have large lazy susan and cupboard that houses my dry goods. I did this before we went to WDW. I was suprised how much was there. I have now sworn to buy more basics and make the things that come in the boxes. Yeah that lasted 2 days.

Sorry to hear everyone has allergies. I went thru shots 2 times when I was younger. They did help. Now I just end up with the occassional runny nose.

I happy to see that Kara, Cammie and JIllian will be meeting up. You guys have a great time.

Katherine is tearing apart the office. I'd better go find her something constructive to do like clean up the playroom. We are going to reorg the house and move Beth to the basement bedroom which requires me to clean out the family room to make room for the toys. Anyone have any coupons for Ikea? I'm getting the Billy Bookcase to hold all their toys.
Good luck with that. Doesn't sound very fun.
Hey Laura...you and I should see if there is something fun in between us and we could meet!

How great is this one.....
From RumblyTumbly of course!
cindybrokencomputercopy.jpg

Debbie, funny you should mention carbs, especially bread. Last night Jeff and I were watching the history of bread (history channel or discovery) and I said to him, "I could never give up bread!" :rotfl2: It's true! I absolutely love two things: bread and cheese. In fact, if you just gave me bread and cheese I'd be happy - okay, throw in some beer and I'm all set! :lmao:

But I think that you're onto something with this grocery idea. We all know that we eat way too much sodium - just check the labels of anything boxed or canned. So by NOT buying these things, say spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce, we will be forced to make homemade, right? Fresh tomatoes in the sauce? How healthy! Same with hamburger helpers, we can basically make the same thing using fresh ingredients. Wow, I sound way too Martha right now, huh? And the funny thing is that I'm not the one who cooks around here! I'm actually excited to go shopping today because I'm going to stock up on dairy, cheese and fresh veggies!

The one thing that helps me keep my weight fairly steady, or really speeds up my losing when I'm trying, is to drink lots of water. In fact, I can eat really well on JC and go in for a weigh in and lose 1/10th of a pound or something. I can eat the same way AND drink my 64 oz of water a day, and lose 2 lbs the same way. Again, wish I could take my own advice because I'm really bad about water, but I know it helps!

I've come to the conclusion that these little lizards around here are actually small dinosaurs! Bucky spotted one crawling just outside the screened porch and it was tormenting him cause it knew he couldn't get it! Drove the poor dog nuts! I went to grab my camera cause they were nose to nose through the screen, but couldn't get it in time. If they weren't so darn ugly it would have been a cute pic!

Debbie, funny you should mention carbs, especially bread. Last night Jeff and I were watching the history of bread (history channel or discovery) and I said to him, "I could never give up bread!" :rotfl2: It's true! I absolutely love two things: bread and cheese. In fact, if you just gave me bread and cheese I'd be happy - okay, throw in some beer and I'm all set! :lmao:

Ok - there's too many posts to quote, so I'll just quote the last one!

Kara, I'm with you on the bread and cheese - NO WAY could I give it up! I love me some cheese!:lovestruc Seriously, I think I'd eat my own foot if it was served on a cracker and covered in cheese -- as long as it was accompanied with the right wine, of course!:lmao: I don't do drugs - I'm a cheese addict instead!

As for the grocery game, I'm not too bad about what's in my cupboard. I tend to use up what I have and then replenish where necessary. I am guilty of running to the grocery store 2-3xs a week for junk though. That has to change. And I did good today - went to Target and actually only bought what I went in for and spent $12! I've decided I'm going try to buy more generic brands now - especially for personal care items like, meds., soap, shampoo. It's practically the same product without the fancy name - for about $2 cheaper!

As for the Osbourne Lights, still keeping my fingers crossed they'll be on when we're there. If not, I still have a chance they could be in preview; and being an AP holder, that would get me in to see them. I still can't believe the Nov.hours aren't out yet. I really feel bad for those people who are going over Thanksgiving week -- one of the busiest times of the year and they have not park hours!

I know when we were planning our ADRs for earlier this month, I used last year's calendar and there was only one day that was different. But how can people plan ADRs if you don't know what park you'll be in? And how can you know what park you'll be in if you don't know the hours??? See, this is what control freaks do - they freak cause they have no control!!!!! :rotfl2:

I'm sitting here eating peanut butter and saltines for lunch. Hey, peanut butter has lots of protein!!!!! And that's it, just protein, no fat, no sugar and none of the other bad stuff listed on the back of the label! :rotfl2:

And - :thumbsup2 for the water consumption. That definitely helps me with weight loss. I drink 3-4 of those Poland Spring sport bottles a day - at least 50 oz. of water a day. I feel so much better and less bloated!

I suck at drinking water! I know I should try better at that. I am a coffee/diet coke addict!!!Plus I love cheese and bread too...especially cheese but on that one day I just put the bread down and you can't believe what even one day of doing no carbs will do YOU CAN STILL HAVE THE CHEESE!. I also, and I know this isn't good will try and randomly fast for a day. Not completely of course but I will shoot to do this randomly to again lose the water...
I know...I am crazy. I would rather suffer a couple days of the week though so that when the weekend comes I can do whatever I want and then I try and be good come Monday with the tricks I use. So far it's been working.

BTW I love a good deli sandwhich! Yum!

I suck at drinking water! I know I should try better at that. I am a coffee/diet coke addict!!!Plus I love cheese and bread too...especially cheese but on that one day I just put the bread down and you can't believe what even one day of doing no carbs will do YOU CAN STILL HAVE THE CHEESE!. I also, and I know this isn't good will try and randomly fast for a day. Not completely of course but I will shoot to do this randomly to again lose the water...
I know...I am crazy. I would rather suffer a couple days of the week though so that when the weekend comes I can do whatever I want and then I try and be good come Monday with the tricks I use. So far it's been working.

BTW I love a good deli sandwhich! Yum!

But, you see, if you just drank alot of water, you could flush out your system better. Plus, you feel a little fuller drinking lots of water. And, now that I think about it, if you drank more water, you probably would feel less tired!

So, you need to cut out the soda (I hardly ever drink it anymore - unless there's rum in it!) and limit your coffee intake to the a.m. hours only.

And...... I LOVE SANDWICHES TOO!

Are their prices fair?

Good enough for the basics maybe 20 cents or so more. We now always rent a car and our first trip is to Publix. Now with Badookie we go to BRU and get diapers, Organic fruit bars and Wet wipes. I like being able to come and go as I please and not wait for the bus. Also we are leaving our Maclaren at home and bringing the bigger Graco that reclines all the way.

I know when we were planning our ADRs for earlier this month, I used last year's calendar and there was only one day that was different. But how can people plan ADRs if you don't know what park you'll be in? And how can you know what park you'll be in if you don't know the hours??? See, this is what control freaks do - they freak cause they have no control!!!!! :rotfl2:

I'm sitting here eating peanut butter and saltines for lunch. Hey, peanut butter has lots of protein!!!!! And that's it, just protein, no fat, no sugar and none of the other bad stuff listed on the back of the label! :rotfl2:
I am calling today for ADR's I cannot believe the park hours are not out yet. I am going by veterns day week from last year. If I need to change things around a little bit then so be it.

As for Peanut butter the Nutrionist says that PB is the best snack you can have. I have it with a granny smith apple or Graham crackers and spread on the PB.
And - :thumbsup2 for the water consumption. That definitely helps me with weight loss. I drink 3-4 of those Poland Spring sport bottles a day - at least 50 oz. of water a day. I feel so much better and less bloated!

I am so very bad about water too. I need to start drinking more and leaving the coffee and Diet coke alone. It is really funny it's like we were all seperated at birth. My favorite thing is a roll with butter or cheese and crackers.

I have been on a diet since I was 12! I was over 200 lbs when I was pregnant with DD and close to that when I was pregnant with DS.
Yeah, I hear you! I was slightly over 230 with DS and 206 with DD. It was like, I can eat for two??? reallllllly? :banana:

I went to LB today. Got a steal - 2 denim capris (well, one is a roll up pant, so whatever you want to call it), 1 khaki capri, 5 undies, 1 shirt - $50. Can't beat that! SO... I take the kids to the Disney store. Talked to them about DS looking for stitch toys. They have none. Talked about Wall-E and they go to the back and get him a stuffed on that they aren't technically selling yet. DS was :love: Scored DD a cute little princess purse. I'm putting an old wallet with those credit cards that come with offers in it. She loves to pilfer through mine, but doesn't care for the kid ones, so I thought I'd fix one up "mommy style" and let her go at it.

I feel even more sick. Just really yuck! :sick: I started the nasal steroids (Nasacort) two days ago. Mine suck so bad I have an open ended script for it. I can't wait for the ENT to give his opinion. Mine is always on one side, so I'm thinking that when I broke my nose when I was 12, something may be not lined up right causing the problem. Then my allergies don't help any.

The Disney store did cheer me up a bit. :lovestruc BTW, nothing like finding beach towels for $7.99 there today :rolleyes1 Most adult t-shirts $20/2, plastic playsets $20/2, heck - I think everything was on sale, and a good one too. FYI.

AND my weakness is not cheese. I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. And that alone is responsible for my nearly 10 lb weight gain after Lent. 174 up to 181, and it is ALL from the soda habit - two large ones a day. For some reason, nothing puts weight on me faster. I know this, still I don't stop. I hate diet drinks. HATE the taste. I'd rather have water, so if there is no DP (like at WDW, I do great)

Gosh I feel miserable. Two more hours till the dr. :yay:

I am calling today for ADR's I cannot believe the park hours are not out yet. I am going by veterns day week from last year. If I need to change things around a little bit then so be it.

Just keep in mind: it's looking like Super Soap Weekend has been pushed back a week. Instead of the second weekend (11/8-9), it's supposedly the third (11/15-16). This is what is screwing alot of people up. From what I hear, you don't want to go near DHS during this time because that's where most of the festivities are. I was at WDW during this time a few years ago and didn't think it was too crowded; but am hearing now that the event has gotten much more popular.

I am so very bad about water too. I need to start drinking more and leaving the coffee and Diet coke alone. It is really funny it's like we were all seperated at birth. My favorite thing is a roll with butter or cheese and crackers.

This is a big thing in NY and NJ; they sell buttered rolls at all the delis!

Gosh I feel miserable. Two more hours till the dr. :yay:

I hope the dr. gives you something good!

Did I ever mention I hate reorganizing. I just want to throw everything out. I used to have a rule if I couldn't move with one pickup truck load it had to go. Granted this was when I was in college and I moved every fall and spring but that mentality has stuck with me and I married a MEGA packrat. Do we really need the spring to something that broke a long time ago? Oh well I do love him.

Beth loves PB. I have taken to making our own for snack time. yes it sounds very Martha. She loves to grind it in the blender. I use a little oil and sugar and the non salted roasted peanuts. Then I store it in the fridge.

Tim commented last night that he thinks I drink too much Diet Coke. 1 can aday is too much? Okay I know I need more water but don't take my only source of caffine.

Debbie next winter we are contemplating heading to Wisc Dells. That might be my only trip your way. I think it is north of Madison.

CRdisMom - I don't think 1 can of diet coke is too much!

So I did something for me today! I went over to Ulta and had a Bare Mineral makeup test done on my face! It's not that bad! I have super sensitive skin and nothing has worked for me, but so far this stuff isn't too bad.

So now I look beautiful. Hair done, makeup done..I'm ready to go out on a date.:hippie:

This is a big thing in NY and NJ; they sell buttered rolls at all the delis!
!
Remember my fantastic SIL - she is italian, and her parents own a deli in Toledo. She brings in fresh bread when she comes :love: and pepperoni rolls - I don't even like pepperoni, but :love:

CRdisMom - I don't think 1 can of diet coke is too much!

So I did something for me today! I went over to Ulta and had a Bare Mineral makeup test done on my face! It's not that bad! I have super sensitive skin and nothing has worked for me, but so far this stuff isn't too bad.

So now I look beautiful. Hair done, makeup done..I'm ready to go out on a date.:hippie:
Tina, I have SUPER CRAZY SENSATIVE skin, and it works fine for me. The only thing I don't like is it is messy and I can't seem to keep it off the countertop, but other than that, it is what I do when we are going somewhere nice. Otherwise, I use cliniques pressed powder makeup. I would love to use another brand, but that is all that doesn't kill my skin.

OK, just went to the store - got lots of cleaning supplies which are NOT stored in mypantry! Then I got coffee creamer and the stuff for Dole whips! So I was very good and even started scouring the cabinets to see what I can make! Oh, and I got Diet Dr Pepper!

I probably drink 2 cans of whatever diet soda we have on hand, plus about 1/2 pot of coffee each day. Then maybe 20-30 oz of water. And I KNOW I need to drink more water! It's funny but when I worked in an office I drank water all day long. Being at home it's too easy to grab other stuff.

Stupid dog is outside eating bugs! I love my dog but he's such an outdoor dog (who lives inside!). He loves to romp around outside, eat bugs, chase lizards (God forbid we ever have a snake in our yard! :eek: ) and roll in dirt. We're having a doggie door added to the screen door when they do the new screen enclosure, so I guess I need to look into getting the back yard fenced. It's all wooded behind us and I'm a nervous wreck every time he goes out, even though he does listen pretty well. All it would take would be for him to spot a deer or something and he'd take off.

We have a Disney store outlet down in St Augustine at the outlet mall (about 40 minutes away) and we picked up some Year of a Million Dreams picture frames for $3.99 each - I think they sell for $12 at WDW. So we got one for SIL and MIL too. See? We're nice people! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter