looking for ECV advice

tramps’lady

Mouseketeer
hi all
traveling next month to the Fort and bringing a friend who will need a ECV. she is going to rent one and i need ideas on what people do to keep it covered during the night as it won't fit in the RV. Just a tarp or does anyone have any other ideas. TIA

Weather permitting it could stay under the awning. A tarp is a secondary protection I'd use also.

Depending on how large your slides are and how tall the ECV is, you could use the MH to protect a side of the ECV, the slide to protect some/all of the top of it, and a tarp to cover the sides not protected by the MH and slide from the elements. A nice tarp, a handful of bungee cords, zip ties could keep you dry. Maybe an extra extension cord so you can put the ECV where you can protect it the best instead of worry about cord length to the power pedestal.

I've built some Clampett-esque lean-tos out of a tarp, rope, bungees, and a walking stick so we could run our generator when it was raining. My wife was very "proud" of me and not "embarrassed" at all.

This is going to sound weird but I swear it works for us- we use a grill cover. Every spring our local grocery store puts out grill items and grill covers that are only like $7 each and I snap up a few. They are just grey tarps shaped to the size of a regular grill and they fit perfectly over an ECV and they have little Velcro tabs on the bottoms to pull the bottoms together and make it fit tight. They rip somewhat easily which is why I buy a few so we always have extra on hand. You could probably buy a nicer grill cover if you so wished.

Another handy thing to have with an ECV is plastic shower caps, the kinds old ladies put over their curlers lol. You'll want to take them to the park with you so if it rains you can slip the shower cap over the control panel on the steering column to protect the electronics in the rain. I buy clear shower caps so you can still see the control panel and steer even with the cap on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter