Looking for Help in booking a week before Xmas

famgel

Mouseketeer
Hello All! We are planning a big family trip for 2018 problem is what week! I would like to book a studio and 2 BR and Havebeen researching like crazy but it seems that the hurricane rescheduling trips last year might have added to the crowds! I'm leaning towards 2nd week in December, avoid Pop Werner crowd the first week or possibly week after Thanksgiving, but it's more points! At this point there is more availability for 2nd week in December but it's early! My home resort is SSR would love to get something else at 7 month mark! Since points r less in Dec. it also gives me flexibility of booking 1 BR plus a 2BR. We only go to WDW every 3 yrs. last time was day after New Years for a week and it was extremely crowded and weather was cold! Any insight or experience would help and be very much appreciated! Thank you!

2nd week in December is a typically busy time for DVC. I would make sure that you have SSR reserved ahead of the 7 month window so you have an option. Be online at 8am at the 7 month window and see what you can get. If points are the issue, I'd target OKW as it's not unreasonable to think that it won't be available. Another option that might be available would be at AKV. It would make a great trip. I'd temper any expectations to stay at places like GFV or BCV for Mid-December.

If you don't like the sounds of this, you might want to look at a different time of the year when you'd have more options.

... but I'd for sure have SSR in my pocket before the 7 month window opens or you may have no trip at all.

2nd week in December is a typically busy time for DVC. I would make sure that you have SSR reserved ahead of the 7 month window so you have an option. Be online at 8am at the 7 month window and see what you can get. If points are the issue, I'd target OKW as it's not unreasonable to think that it won't be available. Another option that might be available would be at AKV. It would make a great trip. I'd temper any expectations to stay at places like GFV or BCV for Mid-December.

If you don't like the sounds of this, you might want to look at a different time of the year when you'd have more options.

... but I'd for sure have SSR in my pocket before the 7 month window opens or you may have no trip at all.
Ty I do have a ressie for SSR and I agree AK would be a great 2nd choice and if the DVC gods r watching over me, I would love CCR! But I need to buy some points for that for a 1 BR & 2 BR! So I would have to call at 9 am and hopefully I’ll get lucky! If not we will still have a great time! Ty so much for the advice I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!