Looking for ideas for room organization

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
With four of us in a room at the All Star Music things are bound to get a bit messy, so I'm trying to alleviate that a little bit. I would be grateful for anyone's input on what you do to keep your room as tidy and organized as those little rooms can be. These are what I can think of so far:

Every night we'd need to charge 4 phones and two camera batteries, so we are packing a power cube with 3 outlets and 3 usb ports. I'm also bringing a hanging closet organizer with six shelves to put in the closet for everyone's toiletries so the sink area isn't cluttered. I have a pop-up laundry basket and plan on utilizing the opened ironing board to place the next day's outfit for everyone. I have no idea where to store shoes yet since we'll have about 10 pairs between the four of us.

Any tips or ideas?

I always pack 5 or 6 extra hangers so I can get almost everything hung. I’ll hang my outfit for the day with all things I’ll need on the hanger so I’m ready to go. I put my shoes below it in the closet. Also not an organizational thing, but I travel a ton for work and I always bring a few dryer sheets in a ziploc bag so in case the room is musty or stinks I can shove some dryer sheets in the ac vent and it will make the room smell good!

Have a great trip!

These are what I can think of so far:
Every night we'd need to charge 4 phones and two camera batteries, so we are packing a power cube with 3 outlets and 3 usb ports. I'm also bringing a hanging closet organizer with six shelves to put in the closet for everyone's toiletries so the sink area isn't cluttered. I have a pop-up laundry basket and plan on utilizing the opened ironing board to place the next day's outfit for everyone. I have no idea where to store shoes yet since we'll have about 10 pairs between the four of us.
Any tips or ideas?

How about another hanging organizer for the shoes? I found one on Amazon that is nice and wide (8"). Most shoe organizers are not big enough for my shoes.
https://www.amazon.com/Richards-Arr...sr=8-5&keywords=hanging+closet+shoe+organizer

I also hang my clothes up or put them in a closet organizer. I don't bend over very well, and the bottom shelf of the dressers in hotels are practically on the ground. Plus, who knows the last time they were cleaned out?

I also have a collapsible storage cube that I use to toss miscellaneous things in as the trip goes on (receipts, loose change, etc.)

I find the best way to stay organized is to just take less stuff, and pare down to just the very basics. If you can share any of the toiletries (like bring one tube of toothpaste for everyone to share, instead of each person having their own) that can help too. I just recently got back from a trip and the hotel I stayed at had VERY little storage space and literally NONE in the bathroom--no drawer, no shelf, not even counter area around the sink or anything. It had a hook. So I brought a hanging toiletry bag for all my stuff and it worked great. My stuff stayed organized and I just zipped it up when I was done each morning.
This is the one that I have but lots of other companies make similar things
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/738...-bag-large&bc=50-507361&feat=507361-GN3&csp=f

Take less stuff.

Be careful that if you have clothes you want to hang up, you aren't taking up all the hanging space in the closet with hanging organizers.

Also, keep in mind the opened ironing board will take up precious floor space. There is little to begin with in the All-Star rooms.

I don't know how old the kids are, but an easy organizational/packing tip is put one outfit in a ziploc bag, including underwear. Easy for the kids to pick and easy to keep track of in the chaos.

How about another hanging organizer for the shoes? I found one on Amazon that is nice and wide (8"). Most shoe organizers are not big enough for my shoes.
https://www.amazon.com/Richards-Arr...sr=8-5&keywords=hanging+closet+shoe+organizer

Not bad, but this https://www.amazon.com/24-Pockets-S...rd_wg=xMMpS&psc=1&refRID=JKMXKQ4MDZNA5WF0T1H6 might be even better, hung on the back of the entry door. Maybe even a second one for toiletries, hung on the sink side of the bathroom door.

All Stars do still have typical bathroom doors, right?

I really like the collapsible storage cubes. You can get them almost anywhere. I even have one I got from the Dollar Tree. Pack flat in suitcase, then simply open and set up in room anywhere. These are great for organizing. We have used them over the years to hold just about everything, snacks, socks, bathing suits, toiletries, park lanyards or bands, phones, cords, and electronics, sunscreen, etc. They are a great way to keep stuff organized and from being strewn all over the room. You can put them on a desk, on the floor, anywhere really. We also use the small reusable shopping bags for this purpose as well. Easy to pack. Great for storage or if we need a bag to take somewhere.

Next advice would be to put thought into what you pack and take as little as possible. Plan mix and match outfits. I usually try to pick one or two colors and stick to those, so everything is interchangeable. Same with shoes. I try to pack multipurpose shoes that can be dressed down or up and that will match everything I’m taking.

Ziplock bags. After trying a number of different organizational options. I have decided zip lock bags work best for me. I got rid of all my bathroom drawer storage containers and dividers at home. Now everything is kept in ziplock bags, grouped by what it is. One bag for makeup, one for shaving supplies, one for medicine, for nails, for hair bands, brushes, and combs, etc. You can fit so much more into a bathroom drawer this way. When it’s time to pack for a trip, I simply gather up the zip lock bags and throw them in a suitcase. When we get to the hotel or house we are staying at, I simply stick the bags in the drawers or in a storage cube on the counter. Everything is organized and easy to find, but there’s no real packing or unpacking to do, and nothing to collect from all over at the end of the trip. Just grab the bags back up and throw back in the suitcase. No worries about spills or leakage because everything is already packed in a ziplock bag.

I use the shoe organizer (like the one posted above) for all of the little items that would otherwise clutter up the counters. I have found that I don't like them hanging on the door and they are too long for the closet rod so I have one where I have cut the bottom row off and added carabiner clips to hook it to the wire shelving in the closet (won't work in new Pop rooms).

I also use a pop up hamper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter