Looking for ideas/help

This is so exciting! You’ve received some great suggestions! I was also going to suggest the Mark Twain. That would be super special! I piloted the boat earlier this year. It was completely random, was just walking past the captain’s door and he came out and asked it I wanted to pilot the boat! If it doesn’t work out to arrange it in advance, perhaps if you mentioned it to a CM there while you waited to board maybe they could arrange something on the spot. If you end up doing it, wait until the end. After you dock, the captain will give you a pilots cetificate and offer to take pictures, so you could do it then.

Do you wear your lanyards and pins in the park? If so, and if the above doesn’t work out, you could sneak the engagement pin onto your lanyard when one of you goes to the restroom. Just wait and see if she notices it. When she does, then you could say something like, oh do you like that pin? Well, I’ve been meaning to ask you...

I want to thank everyone for your help! So many wonderful ideas. I did try reaching out to Disney, and I was quickly directed to their Fairytale Wedding site, and when I called they said they would send me information about the different packages they offer. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I sent out another email to their General Information team to see if they can just help me get something set up. I know getting her to go on the Riverboat just randomly would seem weird to her since she knows I want to head towards SW:GE right after breakfast, so why would I want to stop and do this completely random thing that I've never mentioned before? I would love for this to be sort of planned to look like someone did something nice for me for my birthday, when really I set it up behind the scenes. It doesn't have to be extravagant, just... different. I can't plan for her bathroom breaks, so trying to make her use the restroom near the boat so I can go talk to a CM would throw up a red flag, too. These are the moments where I wish I was normally a more spontaneous person. Things wouldn't seem out of the ordinary then. And to make it even more stressful, this is supposed to happen 2 weeks from today! I've really cut my time close, and thinking about of this has made my anxiety skyrocket. It's a good thing that I'm a very anxious traveler to begin with, so I can hide this under the facade of just travel stress and jitters. I will keep you all posted on what Disney says. I know you don't know me from Adam, but I feel like there is a community here, and you have all been so thoughtful and helpful. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I want to thank everyone for your help! So many wonderful ideas. I did try reaching out to Disney, and I was quickly directed to their Fairytale Wedding site, and when I called they said they would send me information about the different packages they offer. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I sent out another email to their General Information team to see if they can just help me get something set up. I know getting her to go on the Riverboat just randomly would seem weird to her since she knows I want to head towards SW:GE right after breakfast, so why would I want to stop and do this completely random thing that I've never mentioned before? I would love for this to be sort of planned to look like someone did something nice for me for my birthday, when really I set it up behind the scenes. It doesn't have to be extravagant, just... different. I can't plan for her bathroom breaks, so trying to make her use the restroom near the boat so I can go talk to a CM would throw up a red flag, too. These are the moments where I wish I was normally a more spontaneous person. Things wouldn't seem out of the ordinary then. And to make it even more stressful, this is supposed to happen 2 weeks from today! I've really cut my time close, and thinking about of this has made my anxiety skyrocket. It's a good thing that I'm a very anxious traveler to begin with, so I can hide this under the facade of just travel stress and jitters. I will keep you all posted on what Disney says. I know you don't know me from Adam, but I feel like there is a community here, and you have all been so thoughtful and helpful. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
If you normally are not a spontaneous person and if this is really causing you a lot of stress, then don't try to plan something that just isn't you. A proposal is very personal to each couple, so go with what is truly "you" and what is most comfortable for you. Your special day should be happy and joyful, not stressful and filled with anxiety about trying to plan every minute. And what if your plans don't work out?? If simple works best for you, go with it! If you're comfortable, she'll be comfortable. If you're anxious, she'll pick up on the vibes. Have you though of proposing "spontaneously" in SWGE? There have been some very cute PP photos of couples right after their big moment in front of the Falcon.

If you normally are not a spontaneous person and if this is really causing you a lot of stress, then don't try to plan something that just isn't you. A proposal is very personal to each couple, so go with what is truly "you" and what is most comfortable for you. Your special day should be happy and joyful, not stressful and filled with anxiety about trying to plan every minute. And what if your plans don't work out?? If simple works best for you, go with it! If you're comfortable, she'll be comfortable. If you're anxious, she'll pick up on the vibes. Have you though of proposing "spontaneously" in SWGE? There have been some very cute PP photos of couples right after their big moment in front of the Falcon.
I hear you. To be fair, I normally plan out EVERYTHING, down to dining options, easiest way to get from point A to point B, etc. And not just at Disney. For all of our trips. While this is a quirk that she adores about me and it has come in quite handy a lot of times, there is something to be said for just letting go and letting things flow. Which is what I said I would do for this trip. So other than the hotels that we have booked together and my birthday dinner, I haven't planned a single thing. And to be honest, it feels glorious. Almost an entire week spent driving the PCH and just being in the moments and enjoying life and each other? Ending back up at DL for the 4th!? I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday. And me being a little extra, is completely my style and something she has come to expect. Not over the top, but not basic either. Which is why we don't feel like a castle proposal would be for either of us. Not that it isn't magical, or special, just different strokes for different folks. I was so set on doing the pin board thing that I had kind of blacked out every other option, which is why I reached out for ideas. I would never even have thought about the Riverboat unless someone had mentioned it to me. And it fits our personalities and interests so well, that it seems a little silly to not do it there. And if Disney comes back and is unable to help me out, then I'm not going to freak out and lose my mind. I will just figure it out. I always do. So yes, this is stressful, but the more I think about it, it's a good kind of stress. Stress that ends with a happily ever after. And I'm ok with that. :lovestruc

If you want to propose on the Mark Twain, do it! Just don't depend on being in the wheelhouse with the pilot. If that happens, great. But have a plan B if it doesn't. Lots of proposals happen on the MT during Dapper Day Weekend. You can cruise through the DD website photo album to look for proposal photos. Most happen on deck. And sometimes there are character M&Gs on board -- we've met Tiana on the MT. That might be fun to work a character into the proposal.

Really, all that matters is that you ask. Sure proposing at Disney is a fantastic proposal story , but what really matters is you start the biggest story of your guys life by asking. No matter where it is . You sound like a guy who can be spontaneous so I know you can make this work . If she gets the hint that you're going to propose then throw her off guard. Heck , propose to her in front of the millennium falcon! Honestly, do it when it feels right.
You don't need Disney to make it special.
You got this man.

On the carousel in Fantasyland

If someone does go this route, I suggest sitting together on a bench, rather than separate animals. I just have this vision of handing a ring over and it falls and goes into the cracks of the ride forever. :scared1:

If TL is a special place, how about proposing at the Skyline Lounge in Tomorrowland? Mickey and Minnie make an appearance there for photos, too, which would work out perfectly with your special pin. You can make reservations for this online and through the Dine Line.

I had this thought as well. If the Riverboat idea doesn't work out or is too stressful, this may be a good option, especially since Tomorrowland is meaningful for you. It's $50 a person and allows you a couple of hours to hang out in the lounge, which has an outdoor balcony, with some treats and a great fireworks view. You could say that you want to do this for your birthday. Then, pop the question when the moment is right. And maybe this is totally dorky, but I think it would be cute to actually propose with the pin, rather than a ring. The ring can come later of course.

By the way, does she have a favorite Disney song? We've seen people get engaged at Coke/Refreshment Corner -- you can ask the ragtime pianist to play her favorite Disney song, then drop to one knee. One of our friends was a pianist there for a few years and he loved helping with proposals!

By the way, does she have a favorite Disney song? We've seen people get engaged at Coke/Refreshment Corner -- you can ask the ragtime pianist to play her favorite Disney song, then drop to one knee. One of our friends was a pianist there for a few years and he loved helping with proposals!
She does not. At least not that I know of.

I had this thought as well. If the Riverboat idea doesn't work out or is too stressful, this may be a good option, especially since Tomorrowland is meaningful for you. It's $50 a person and allows you a couple of hours to hang out in the lounge, which has an outdoor balcony, with some treats and a great fireworks view. You could say that you want to do this for your birthday. Then, pop the question when the moment is right. And maybe this is totally dorky, but I think it would be cute to actually propose with the pin, rather than a ring. The ring can come later of course.
I had looked into this previously, but I wasn't too sure about it. The cost isn't the issue, I just didn't know if it would be something we would want to spend our time doing.

Really, all that matters is that you ask. Sure proposing at Disney is a fantastic proposal story , but what really matters is you start the biggest story of your guys life by asking. No matter where it is . You sound like a guy who can be spontaneous so I know you can make this work . If she gets the hint that you're going to propose then throw her off guard. Heck , propose to her in front of the millennium falcon! Honestly, do it when it feels right.
You don't need Disney to make it special.
You got this man.
I completely agree. I guess my previous posts made it sound like I was freaking out, and I'm really not. Things like this are stressful, even if you know for sure that they will say yes. If Disney can help, great. If not, I move on and just enjoy the day and do it when I feel like it's right, like you said. I do think that I will still be doing it on the Riverboat. Would it be nice to have a bit of seclusion, of course. But I'm not betting it all on that happening. Thank you for the words of encouragement! And not that you would know, I didn't really specify, but I'm a chick. :cutie: Figured I should probably clear that up, lol.

Small update. I got in touch with the Disney wedding team, as I was told they were the only ones who could help me. The lady I spoke with informed me that to set something up through them would require a $10,000 minimum package purchase. I explained I didn't need anything so elaborate, just a CM or two's help. She said it was the same base price no matter how much was involved, but if I was unable to pay for the cost, that the castle was available to be used as a backdrop from open to close and a photopass photographer would make sure to capture the moment. I was a little taken aback, but not really surprised. So... guess we'll be playing it by ear and seeing if I can sneak a conversation with a riverboat CM while she's distracted. If that doesn't feel right, then I have a few other ideas that will be just as special. Here's to spontaneity! I'll let you all know how it goes. 11 sleeps...

I haven't read all the responses but I saw a cute idea for a proposal at the people who draw your pictures outside of the Blue Bayou. The woman sat down to get her drawing made and as he was finishing up drawing her, he proposed. The artist then drew in the man down on his knee. Everyone standing around cheered after. It was a really cute idea. I am sure the guy drawing was let in on it prior since he had the space to draw the guy in. Just an idea. :) Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter