Looking for ideas/help

Maybe send her to get a churro :p
Better yet, y pu can always call the park or chat with a cast member on the Disney land website and ask to plan this before hand . Never hurts to see if it's possible. Funny fact, I have Disney land on speed dial :p lol. But yeah give them a call . Also not only if she says yes will she spend the rest of her life with you, you guys will also have the chance to ring the boat bell and honk the horn :D it's so much fun.

Better yet, y pu can always call the park or chat with a cast member on the Disney land website and ask to plan this before hand . Never hurts to see if it's possible. Funny fact, I have Disney land on speed dial :p lol. But yeah give them a call . Also not only if she says yes will she spend the rest of her life with you, you guys will also have the chance to ring the boat bell and honk the horn :D it's so much fun.
This is such a great idea! I will have to call Disney and see if they can help me out. Is there a specific department or someone I would need to talk to when I call? I really do think that proposing to her on the boat is the perfect idea. She's going to expect something is up, but since it's my birthday and I get some CM help, she might not think too much of it. I know that this is the complete opposite of working in the pin trading, but I didn't even know about the Riverboat. I remember seeing it the last time we were there, but it wasn't running so we just bypassed it. And the fact that the Riverboat is kind on our way over to SW:GE is even better since we want to head that way after breakfast.

Have you thought about going over to the island and finding a pretty spot there.
What island are you thinking about? We've only been there once, so I'm not really familiar with all the in's and out's of DL. I'd like to hear more and what your thoughts are. Always looking for ideas in case something falls through.

Start with calling for general information. I like talking to a cb through the chat on the Disneyland website under the tab of annual passes. I ask anything. And you can totally work in the pin! Propse with it first then give her the ring . Just an idea.

Start with calling for general information. I like talking to a cb through the chat on the Disneyland website under the tab of annual passes. I ask anything. And you can totally work in the pin! Propse with it first then give her the ring . Just an idea

This is such a great idea! I will have to call Disney and see if they can help me out. Is there a specific department or someone I would need to talk to when I call? I really do think that proposing to her on the boat is the perfect idea. She's going to expect something is up, but since it's my birthday and I get some CM help, she might not think too much of it. I know that this is the complete opposite of working in the pin trading, but I didn't even know about the Riverboat. I remember seeing it the last time we were there, but it wasn't running so we just bypassed it. And the fact that the Riverboat is kind on our way over to SW:GE is even better since we want to head that way after breakfast.
Start with calling for general information. I like talking to a cb through the chat on the Disneyland website under the tab of annual passes. I ask anything. And you can totally work in the pin! Propse with it first then give her the ring . Just an idea.

If you'd like, I can find out for you and report back.

Make sure you go early and let the check in CM know that you would like to be up top with the Captain. Sometimes I've seen that they'll keep a list (unofficial) and tell you to come back at a certain sailing time (if they have others that have asked). That would give you the privacy of being in the cabin with just the captain while being surrounded by Disneyland. I'm not sure if guest relations can prearrange this but doesn't hurt to ask.
it's been a few years since we've done this...maybe others can give more recent experience?
Best of luck...she sounds like a lucky lady!

The reservation is at the Plaza Inn. I know that the characters usually try and stay out of actual proposals, which is completely fine. This may end up being a fly by the seat of my pants moment, which is really out of character (pardon the pun) for me. Doing it on my actual birthday is probably very selfish, but she's my world, and her agreeing to be my wife is the best birthday gift she could ever give me.
You wouldn't have to use the characters - but that means a Photographer will be there. If nothing else you can get them on board to get you pictures of the big moment. The ones at WDW love this kind of thing as it gets them out of the usual rut of pics to do something different.

What island are you thinking about? We've only been there once, so I'm not really familiar with all the in's and out's of DL. I'd like to hear more and what your thoughts are. Always looking for ideas in case something falls through.
Tom Sawyer Island

Tom Sawyers, I think it is now called pirates lair.

People have given great ideas.

Locations that might be nice if it doesn't have to include pin trading or food:

Front of the monorail
similar to above, caboose of the train
Near the wishing well at the side of the castle
Center of the esplanade
At the top of the main street viewing area at main street station
the terraced viewing area for world of colors
near the fireplace in Grand Californian
in Mickey or Minnie's house in Toontown
Front and top of the double decker bus on Main Street
On the carousel in Fantasyland
The ferriswheel (don't know what it's called now) at CA (at the top of course)

So excited for you!!

Congratulations!!! :love:

Thank you for the chat idea. I will do that tomorrow and see what they say!

Make sure you go early and let the check in CM know that you would like to be up top with the Captain. Sometimes I've seen that they'll keep a list (unofficial) and tell you to come back at a certain sailing time (if they have others that have asked). That would give you the privacy of being in the cabin with just the captain while being surrounded by Disneyland. I'm not sure if guest relations can prearrange this but doesn't hurt to ask.
it's been a few years since we've done this...maybe others can give more recent experience?
Best of luck...she sounds like a lucky lady!
Thank you for the info! I will chat with Disney tomorrow and see if we can set something up to make it look like it was by chance and not planned. And thank you for the kind words, believe me when I say I'm truly the lucky one. :lovestruc

People have given great ideas.

Locations that might be nice if it doesn't have to include pin trading or food:

Front of the monorail
similar to above, caboose of the train
Near the wishing well at the side of the castle
Center of the esplanade
At the top of the main street viewing area at main street station
the terraced viewing area for world of colors
near the fireplace in Grand Californian
in Mickey or Minnie's house in Toontown
Front and top of the double decker bus on Main Street
On the carousel in Fantasyland
The ferriswheel (don't know what it's called now) at CA (at the top of course)

So excited for you!!

Congratulations!!! :love:
Thank you for all of the ideas! I will keep these all in mind in case something doesn't work out. :)

Isn't there a wishing well out back of Minnie's house? When you said that about Mickey proposing to Minnie it made me think of that, a lesser-known wishing well than the one next to the castle (which I also love). You could head there first thing when Toontown opens.

If TL is a special place, how about proposing at the Skyline Lounge in Tomorrowland? Mickey and Minnie make an appearance there for photos, too, which would work out perfectly with your special pin. You can make reservations for this online and through the Dine Line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter