Looking for Le Cellier Reviews

Chip126

<font color=CC66CC>A Tag is a Wish your Heart Make
I am thinking of trying Le Cellier for the first time in December. I am looking for all of your reviews. I have read the menu on Deb Wills sight and am looking at the Prime Rib and the kids steak dinners in particular.

So, anyone who has dined a Le Cellier........what would your opinions be?

Thank you!

Very good food and atmospere. Your choices are the best choices IMHO but the burgers are very good too if the kids like steak they will like these burgers they taste like ground steak instead of from the leasor cuts. We have eaten lunch and dinner and would again.

Chip, this is an excellent restaurant. (By the way, we live on the south side of the Sound from you...on Long Island!)
We went there during our trip last month...and it was one of the restaurants we were most excited about trying for the first time. We were not disappointed. I posted a review of all our restaurant visits a few weeks back and in it, I said how for the months and months of planning our trip, I had planned on getting the filet mignon. Then suddenly, reading the menu that night, the pork chops just sounded too good to pass up. I got them and I couldn't have been happier. Very big portions (which I nevertheless devoured!)...along with molasses sweet potatoes.
My son ended up getting the filet mignon and it was excellent.
This is one of those restaurants (along with Mama Melrose) where once you are inside, you could never tell you are in the middle of a Disney theme park. It's like a regular restaurant in your neighborhood...(but you end up asking people at your table "Can you imagine how popular this place would be if it was in our town?!")
All in all, we were expecting our experience to be an "A"....and looking back on it, we all gave it an "A". Not A-plus....not the greatest place on earth....but very, very satisfying!
(P.S....one small thing. If you are a beer drinker as I am, just be warned that they serve only Canadian beers. (I think that's the policy of every Epcot "World" restaurant...that only native beers are served. I may be wrong.) I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that....but I was kind of drooling for an ice cold Michelob Ultra or Bud Light and was oh so slightly disappointed when our waitress rattled off only the names of Canadian beers.)

The breads and appetizers are wonderful. The steak was mediocre. Wonderful atomosphere, great castmembers.

We love the filet at LeCellier. We love the cheese soup and appitizers. The only thing we were disappointed with is the prime rib. We will be back to LeCellier on NYE but will be ordering the fillet and not prime rib.

We went to Le Cellier as part of the Candlelight package last December - and loved it!!

For appetizers - we had the Cheese soup (DH), the tomato stack (me), and the Caesar Salad (DD1). They did not include appetizers with the kid's package, but did include a beverage. The kids (DD2 & DD3) didn't mind, since there were plenty of breadsticks! The pretzel & the sourdough were their favorites!

For entrees - we did the regular filet (me), the mushroom filet (DH), some chicken thing? (DD1), the kid's steak DD2, and the chicken fingers (DD3). Everyone loved their meals - the filets were absolutely delish!

For dessert - we had the caramel apple tart, the chocolate cake, some type of cheesecake, the chocolate Moose, and the Campfire S'mores. These were all delicious, but I wished I had ordered the maple creme brulee.

Service was terrible, but that was just our waitress - the waitress at the table next to us was wonderful. The food was probably the best we'd eaten the whole trip!

One thing I have noticed on our many visits is that they always seem to be late on PS time versus seating. We've waited over almost an hour once and over a half hour other times. Butm you can see we keep going back. We enjoy the food.

We are just back from the World and Le Cellier was the best meal we had!! We waited approx. 10 mins. for a table. Our server, Mo, was great. I had the cheddar cheese soup, a delicious glass of Rosa Regale, and the rosemary crusted chicken. Scrumptious!!!! My husband had a Molson, cheddar cheese soup, and the prime rib. He loved it! Afterwards, Mo brought out a plate with 'Congratulations" written on it in chocolate and a huge slice of chocolate cake. What a nice honeymoon surprise! We had a wonderful experience here!

Its nice to hear such good reviews. We will be trying Le Cellier for the first time on Christmas Eve, with the CP Package.
I noticed mention on only serving Canadian beer...do they have a full bar where I could get a mixed drink or is it just beer?

Thanks for the reviews! I am definitely thinking about making a priority seating for this one! (I just need to double check with the rest of my party going)::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter