looking for magnet help!

MamaKNJ

Earning My Ears
I wanted to DIY a few door magnets for our cruise leaving NEXT WEEK! eek!
I was on some great FB groups and I think Barb's thread on here last time we cruised, but it looks like Barb has retired from free graphics and I can't find the FB groups i used before.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

I can't find it easily but someone posted a great video years ago that I have used for DIY magnets. Basically I go to a hobby store like Michael's and get: 1) foam pieces in various colors (typically comes in one pack), 2) some stickers and letters to attach to the foam backing (you can find lots of Disney, cruise, travels ones), and some magnet strips to affix to the back of the foam pieces. I use a bowl to cut our circular pieces of foam or ruler to just make rectangles. I'm not crafty, but it is very quick. I made one for each family member, one for my daughter's birthday, and a few just ship/port related.

I added a pic below (first time I tried this so hopefully it is viewable).

I also tried the template ones around the peephole. Not sure they are worth the effort...

Attachments

• IMG_6266 (1).JPG
    IMG_6266 (1).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 51
You can use mspaint (if you have Windows) and draw 3 circles on top of eachother if you want to make mickey ears, then type with white font on them, print them out on cardstock and get them laminated, then apply the sticky magnets like this on the back:

Last edited:

I print out clipart on cardstock and laminate them myself. I glue magnets on the back and it's done. A little time consuming but easy enough.

I can't find it easily but someone posted a great video years ago that I have used for DIY magnets. Basically I go to a hobby store like Michael's and get: 1) foam pieces in various colors (typically comes in one pack), 2) some stickers and letters to attach to the foam backing (you can find lots of Disney, cruise, travels ones), and some magnet strips to affix to the back of the foam pieces. I use a bowl to cut our circular pieces of foam or ruler to just make rectangles. I'm not crafty, but it is very quick. I made one for each family member, one for my daughter's birthday, and a few just ship/port related.

I added a pic below (first time I tried this so hopefully it is viewable).

I also tried the template ones around the peephole. Not sure they are worth the effort...

Nice and simple! I already have some foam I think. I can have my kids make them while on the airplane even. win-win Thanks for the idea!

I print out clipart on cardstock and laminate them myself. I glue magnets on the back and it's done. A little time consuming but easy enough.

That is what I did for our last cruise (the first time) but I can't remember how I made the graphics and all. I have a laminator, but my printer is kinda crappy lately.

We bought the magnetic sheets (Avery 03270) and then printed images from
Pinterest, like others have mentioned. We used Photoshop to add our names to the images - making them less appealing for someone to take and use themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter