Looking for new bed pillows

I have a neck injury and tried many different kinds over the years, but wasn’t happy with any of them, until I tried a water pillow. It is the best one for me, by far. The one I have is the Mediflow.

You can adjust the firmness based on how much water you fill it with. It’s heavy on the bed, so doesn’t move around much, but gives me great support and I can sleep pain-free. Super comfortable— I love it!

DH got me a My Pillow for Christmas in an effort to help my neck. He is now the one using it. To me it was lumpy feeling and just all around not right. Years ago we also tried a Sleep Number pillow that is now his to use as well :sad2:

What's working for me pretty well right now is something the chiropractor actually gave DH. It is just a stack of rectangular pieces of varying thickness of foam (not memory foam, just basic like you might use when reupholstering a chair and they are not very dense). With the different sizes you can customize it to the perfect height. I have two pillowcases on it. I seem to be comfortable with it whether on my back or my side.

I started having chronic neck stiffness and pain in my early 30s, but it's been virtually eliminated since I started using a buckwheat pillow. It's an acquired taste (they're just buckwheat husks, no cushioning), but I love the way it conforms to my head and neck, holds its shape and stays cool, too.

I got one from JC Penney. It's about $30. But it's a nice one. Medium firm foam type. I am a known crusher of pillows. Before that I had three stacked that I had crushed. But this one replaced them and seems to be holding.

I'm not a My Pillow person. I mean it's a good pillow. But that's the thing about pillows. You have to find one that is both comfortable and will support you like you need it.

Last edited:
I started having chronic neck stiffness and pain in my early 30s, but it's been virtually eliminated since I started using a buckwheat pillow. It's an acquired taste (they're just buckwheat husks, no cushioning), but I love the way it conforms to my head and neck, holds its shape and stays cool, too.

I love these pillows; they're not easy to find, but I have been using them for years. Like you, I get periodic neck pains/stiffness and these pillows work great for me.

We have "My Pillows", they're fine. My wife wanted to try them, I can sleep on just about anything. We bought ours at Costco.

If you go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond the often have a "MY PILLOW" out on display. In my opinion, it's awful. But everyone has their likes and dislikes and pillows and sheets and mattresses are *very* subjective.

I ended up buying some sort of pillow from Bed, Bath and Beyond that ran me about $50. It works for me. My mother likes the Ikea pillows and bought me one for Christmas last year but it's not flat enough for me and I can't get used to it. But it's definitely sturdy.

"My pillow" is like sleeping on chunks of foam..not my thing. I have a sleep number pillow, which is okay, but still on the search for a good one.
:sad2: YES - exactly like that. I would never, ever have purchased them if I'd seen and felt them first. They're not available in Canada through any retail outlet, only on-line and they've been advertising like crazy in our market for months.

Last edited:

I got the My pillows..sent them back, they sucked. I have some kind of contour pillow. I need a new one. I can't seem to find anything I like either. The contour one is ok but it's not as fluffy? Puffy? as I like so I sleep with a thin one under it to boost me up more. Have tried the bamboo one's, not a fan either.

I never had such problems with pillows when I was younger, another joy of getting older :-(

I love the New Generation Pillow by Harbor Care at Home. This was what they had (still have maybe?) on DCL and I just thought it was the most comfortable pillow ever. So I Googled it up and found that Harbor Care, though a hospitality company for the industry, does sell these pillows individually. I also got them for my kids and they just love them too!

Anyone try the “Purple Pillow”?

I got DH and I a couple of king size “My Pillows”, they are better than every other pillow we have tired. I just fluff it every night before bed.

I did not care for memory foam pillows, they were too hard and would give me headaches.

Just spent my first night last night with my new my pillow. I love it. But in all honesty, ANY pillow would be any improvement over that 10 year old pancake I've been using.

I have the bio sense pillow from bed bath and beyond. I really like it because it has memory foam and the polyester fill. It’s held up really well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter