Looking for resort suggestions for family of 7

We will probably be driving so I can shift some travel budget into lodging, and we won’t have to worry about rental cars even with a day trip or two to universal. I think I’ll target offsite for this trip, with plans for a longer more immersive trip in the future. We’ve been doing DLR for 5th birthday celebrations and our youngest will be 5 in 2022, but then our oldest will be graduation high school in 2025 and a nice 2 week trip to Orlando seems like a good way to celebrate that!

We are a group of 9, and since we are DvC we always stay in a DvC villa but if we were nt dvc members I'd probably stay offsite. Although it looks like you have a lodging budget of 500 per night, you should be able go rent Dvc points and get a villa. Either way you'll have fun, travelling with a big group is so much fun!

While DVC rental is an option I learned about after our first family trip, and might consider in the future, I don't think you will be disappointed with an offsite stay. I have stayed onsite (before we had kids) and while it was great, I thought that offsite was great too. It just didn't make a huge difference to me, but I know people feel differently about that. I really value space with a large family and I also value a kitchen. We ate out for one or two meals a day and the rest we had at our rental house. We wanted to do some pricey character meals and this helped balance the cost.
I also actually liked driving to the parks too and not relying on the bus transportation with little kids and strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter