Looking for source: "Dark, dark, dark barked Colonel the Sheepdog."

dalmatiansearch

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for the source for this quote. It comes from an edition of 101 Dalmatians, probably from the late 70's or early 80's, and probably based on the Disney movie rather than the original Dodie Smith version. Since there are many versions and not all are easy/cheap to locate, I was hoping I could crowd source the answer.
Thanks.

Could it be from The Starlight Barking, Dodie Smith's sequel to The Hundred and One Dalmatians? It seems there was a good deal of barking in both books. I have a copy in a box somewhere I'll try to hunt it down.

Could it be from The Starlight Barking, Dodie Smith's sequel to The Hundred and One Dalmatians? It seems there was a good deal of barking in both books. I have a copy in a box somewhere I'll try to hunt it down.

Thanks for the suggestion. That's what I thought, too. But, I looked and it isn't in the Starlight Barking, or at least in the 1967 edition I found.

I should add that the Colonel gets a well-deserved promotion to General in the Starlight Barking, which is strong evidence that it isn't the right book. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter