Looking for suggestions re:Vero Beach in Late November

rbdiaz

Earning My Ears
My family (including kids 8, 6, and 3) has a one week VB vacation scheduled for the week after Thanksgiving. I've never stayed at the property so I don't know much about it other than what's in the book. Any comments / thoughts / suggestions regarding this time of year and/or "not to miss" activities? Is the water reasonably warm? What's the weather like? Fun kids events? Activities off property? Anything that needs to be booked way in advance? Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

There are bike rentals, the pool and of course the beach. There is the sea turtle walk - watching 200 pound turtles lay eggs at night. This may be over in November. Ther are several museums devoted to shipwrecks and treasure. A very small one about a mile north on A1A (McLarty's) and another in Sebastian (about 20 minutes north). It is a pretty quiet area. The resort staff does do kids activities daily - games on the lawn etc. Try this website. It should help:

http://verobeach.com

Hope this helps.

The Kennedy Space Center is about an hour north. There is a web site that will give you the launch schedule. If you are lucky you may see one. I haven't seen one from the Vero resort, but I understand they can be visible from the resort. The kennedy space center has a web site but I can't remember it. You can get to it from:

http://www.nasa.gov

You didn't mention if your children (or yourself for that matter! LOL!) enjoy character meals. I know that they have one with Goofy and Max on Saturdays that you might want to make a PS for. Come to think of it, I don't know if they still do it at all...but I remember that being nice--the two sit down restaurants at VB--Shutter's and Sonya's--are both nice. I really enjoyed breakfast at Shutter's. They had GREAT omlette's. Bleachers outside by the pool also has tons of yummy snacks and delish frozen yogurt, which is always nice as an evening dessert after dinner.

I hope this helps a little. Leave it to me to only think about the food aspect of the vacation! LOL!! :D

Sunday Brunch at Sonya's is fantastic. It is about $20 per adult. It requires reservations and I would recommend getting them for the earliest time possible before the crowds descend on the buffet.

Thankjs for the suggestions. I checked out the recommended web sites. Any idea about whether it's warm enough (in late November) to swim on the beach?

Use this web site and type in Vero Beach and you will get a great picture of the potential weather at Vero. I lived in Florida and would go to the beach at all times of the year, but a lot of people thought I was crazy. Not everyone grows up with the ice water of Hampton Beach, NH. Any time of year in Florida is warm compared to that! Good Luck with your trip!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/weather/historical/historical.htm

There is a dolphin sight seeing cruise down the Indian River on "The Lady Dolphin". The last time I was there, guest services had 2 for 1 coupons for it. Your entire family should enjoy it.

It is hard to predict November or December weather, but the water temp will probably be fairly cold - most people don't swim then, but once you are in up to your shoulders, it is not that bad. The weather can sometimes be unseasonably warm, but there is a good chance of windy and cold weather in November. The sun is always nice and warm, but the wind is what makes it so cold sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter