Looking for tracking app...

Chuck S

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
I have been looking for a FREE tracking/GPS app for my next trip that will allow you to pinpoint the current location of others in your party, and that works no matter whether they have iPhone or Android based phones...the Find Friends app for iPhone seems to only really work with other iPhones. I'm taking a party of 11 people, mostly adults, to Disney in 2019.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I wish MDE had a section where you could track individual MagicBands (with the owners permission, of course).

Thanks in advance..

My family uses the life 360 app. It works on iPhones and androids.

We use Life360 of our family. We have friends who are also on the app that helps us know where everyone is when traveling. DH uses it to track me when I'm out running by myself.

Thanks! I've been looking for something like that as our family is a mix of apple and android users.

We use Google Maps location sharing (we only share with each other). It's free and easy to use but does require a Gmail address.

I don't trust third party apps with this stuff.

I third the recommendation of Life360. My whole family has used it for 4 years and we have been very happy with it.

Edit: We got it because my husband has epilepsy that is not particularly well controlled. The app allows him to keep his independence but if he has a seizure while out, it is accurate enough that we can find him if needed.

Last edited:

Another recommendation for Life360. Last summer, my son was playing golf with some of his buddies and lost his phone somewhere during the round. He borrowed a phone from his friend and called me at work. I was able to zoom in on his phone and tell him which hole it was on and a pretty good area of where at on that hole it was. He returned to that hole and was able to find it. Pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter