Looking into Aquatica

DisneyGal24

Always dreaming of Disney! DVC—SSR & AKL
We are looking into Aquatica for our vacation next month. I believe I read that they are closed on Monday and Wednesday. I’m guessing crowds will be lower midweek than on weekends? Anyone have experience with the all day dining? We’re typically rope drop people so what slides do we hit first? Any information is much appreciated!

It’s been a few years since I’ve been but my two kids loved it at the time! We did a package with unlimited visits for a certain number of days with Sea World and a few days of their version of free dining. I’ve been to Disney’s water parks and to me it was just as nice. We are trying Discovery Cove for the first time in a few weeks and are really excited!

It’s been a few years since I’ve been but my two kids loved it at the time! We did a package with unlimited visits for a certain number of days with Sea World and a few days of their version of free dining. I’ve been to Disney’s water parks and to me it was just as nice. We are trying Discovery Cove for the first time in a few weeks and are really excited!
What did you think of their dining plan?

We went for the first time last year and had the all day dining as part of a three day all day dining ticket. We didn't find it as useful as we do at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens because those parks have more offerings. Aquatica had longer lines for food as well in our opinion, but we are taking four kids so we have it for this summer again. It was a fun water park, but you may want to look at the schedule of what rides are closed. Several slides are only open on the weekends. We were planning to go in July on a Tuesday, but with the slides being closed (mainly the dolphin one), we are going on a Saturday instead.

We went for the first time last year and had the all day dining as part of a three day all day dining ticket. We didn't find it as useful as we do at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens because those parks have more offerings. Aquatica had longer lines for food as well in our opinion, but we are taking four kids so we have it for this summer again. It was a fun water park, but you may want to look at the schedule of what rides are closed. Several slides are only open on the weekends. We were planning to go in July on a Tuesday, but with the slides being closed (mainly the dolphin one), we are going on a Saturday instead.
I had read that the lines are long for food so I’m on the fence about the dining plan. Thank you for the information about slides being closed! I hadn’t even thought of that.

Weekends are busier. Since hours are short, we do tend to eat outside the park, but spending the day in the water really builds up an appetite.

We love Roas Rapids but wear our hats and sunglasses on it to keep from getting roasting our heads and eyeballs. Long sleeve rash guards and wave walkers are critical for us. We see others get severe cases of sunburn and really feel bad for them. I had my legs get sunburned even though they were in the water all day. Beware of the Florida sun!

We went in September of 2019 on a weekday. I didn't notice any closures other than routine maintenance. We got a 3 day park hopper pass (good for Sea World, Busch Gardens, Aquatica, and Adventure Island) with all day dining for $150 total. The lines didn't seem to be long at all for food and while not amazing, it was much better than we thought it would be. The all day dining really was a good value, and we would absolutely do it again.

We really, really liked Aquatica. In fact, we liked it better than Blizzard Beach. We really liked the fast lazy river and they have some great rides. The theming is crappy compared to the Disney Water Parks.

I would do some research to determine how different it will be with COVID restrictions.

Aquatica here we come! We have reservations for tomorrow (7/9). Which slides should we go to first?

Looking forward to hearing how your day went! We'll be there at the end of the month☺
We had the best day! Being used things at the Disney parks and given the fact we’d never been to Aquatica before, we arrived an hour before the park opened. When we pulled up, they were not allowing cars in the parking lot yet. At first, we thought we had arrived too early but the lines at the parking kiosks quickly filled up behind us. They let us through at 9:30. By the time they officially opened the park at little before 10, we had been through temperature check, bag check, the admission process (scanning tickets from our phone), secured a locker and wristband for charging. We headed straight for the family raft slides, Ray Rush and Walhalla Wave. Of all the slides, Ray Rush was our favorite. We rode it twice first thing with a spin on Walhalla Wave in between. The Taumata Racers we’re beside RR and WW but the kids weren’t interested in the mat slides. From there, we went to Loggerhead Lane and Tassie’s Twisters but they didn’t open until 11 so we went to Dolphin Plunge for my husband and kids (fully enclosed tubes are not my thing). Then, we headed to Whanau Way. On this one, you have to grab a double inner tube and carry it up the steps. Omaka Raka shares a line with Whanau Way but it wasn’t open. After that, DH and DS decided to tackle the drop slides, Ihu’s Breakaway Slides. DS is only 11 so I’m shocked that he did these! It was a hard no from me and DD14. We went back to Loggerhead Lane were we did the lazy river before riding Tassies Twisters. A side note about this...you have to enter the lazy river to get to the entrance to the ride and you must have an inner tube. We had worked up an appetite so we ate lunch at Waterstone Grill. Since we were somewhat dry and had grabbed our masks from the locker (masks are required in shops and restaurants) we looked in a few shops. DS really wanted to catch the 1:00 training show for the Commerson’s Dolphins at the pool above Dolphin’s Plunge. Since we had a few minutes, he did DP again while we waited. The show was cute the dolphins were really active! We watched for about 15 minutes before going to Roa’s Rapids. This is a fast moving “not so lazy” river. We went around twice and then went to the wave pool. One of the things we were excited about was that Aquatica has two wave pools. Unfortunately, the Big Surf wave pool was closed. We tried to ride Kare Kare Kurl but DH exceeded the weight limit and you can’t ride with three. We spent more time in the wave pool. The summer rain showed up just as we were getting out to grab some refreshments. After quick 10 minute rain shower, we found some chairs near Loggerhead Lane and relaxed while the kids enjoyed Dippin’ Dots. To finish out our day, we went back to some favorites like Ray’s Rush, Whanau Way, Roa’s Rapids and the kids explored Walkabout Waters for a bit. We left the park about 4:45 and they were closing at 5. We were all exhausted after such a busy day! We had a blast though. I definitely recommend Aquatica.

We had the best day! Being used things at the Disney parks and given the fact we’d never been to Aquatica before, we arrived an hour before the park opened. When we pulled up, they were not allowing cars in the parking lot yet. At first, we thought we had arrived too early but the lines at the parking kiosks quickly filled up behind us. They let us through at 9:30. By the time they officially opened the park at little before 10, we had been through temperature check, bag check, the admission process (scanning tickets from our phone), secured a locker and wristband for charging. We headed straight for the family raft slides, Ray Rush and Walhalla Wave. Of all the slides, Ray Rush was our favorite. We rode it twice first thing with a spin on Walhalla Wave in between. The Taumata Racers we’re beside RR and WW but the kids weren’t interested in the mat slides. From there, we went to Loggerhead Lane and Tassie’s Twisters but they didn’t open until 11 so we went to Dolphin Plunge for my husband and kids (fully enclosed tubes are not my thing). Then, we headed to Whanau Way. On this one, you have to grab a double inner tube and carry it up the steps. Omaka Raka shares a line with Whanau Way but it wasn’t open. After that, DH and DS decided to tackle the drop slides, Ihu’s Breakaway Slides. DS is only 11 so I’m shocked that he did these! It was a hard no from me and DD14. We went back to Loggerhead Lane were we did the lazy river before riding Tassies Twisters. A side note about this...you have to enter the lazy river to get to the entrance to the ride and you must have an inner tube. We had worked up an appetite so we ate lunch at Waterstone Grill. Since we were somewhat dry and had grabbed our masks from the locker (masks are required in shops and restaurants) we looked in a few shops. DS really wanted to catch the 1:00 training show for the Commerson’s Dolphins at the pool above Dolphin’s Plunge. Since we had a few minutes, he did DP again while we waited. The show was cute the dolphins were really active! We watched for about 15 minutes before going to Roa’s Rapids. This is a fast moving “not so lazy” river. We went around twice and then went to the wave pool. One of the things we were excited about was that Aquatica has two wave pools. Unfortunately, the Big Surf wave pool was closed. We tried to ride Kare Kare Kurl but DH exceeded the weight limit and you can’t ride with three. We spent more time in the wave pool. The summer rain showed up just as we were getting out to grab some refreshments. After quick 10 minute rain shower, we found some chairs near Loggerhead Lane and relaxed while the kids enjoyed Dippin’ Dots. To finish out our day, we went back to some favorites like Ray’s Rush, Whanau Way, Roa’s Rapids and the kids explored Walkabout Waters for a bit. We left the park about 4:45 and they were closing at 5. We were all exhausted after such a busy day! We had a blast though. I definitely recommend Aquatica.

Thanks so much for the info! I think we're going to love it☺ How were the crowds?

What were the wait times like for the main slides?

**Keep in mind that we went on a Thursday and arrived prior to park opening. Before lunch, everything was 10 minutes or less. Later in the afternoon, the longest wait we had was probably 20-25 minutes for Ray Rush.**

Really appreciate the info you're posting around this board.

[/QUOTE

Thanks. We're looking at going on a Wednesday, so it should be comparable, but we're not always the best at hitting opening times. We've also had the Quick Queue in the past (not currently available) and have been spoiled by not waiting much.

Aquatica is now showing that they are open each day in July (except July 1) and half of August (the first closed day is Aug 17)

The website has been updated, the first closed day in August is now showing as August 24.

Aquatica is a nice water park. Their food is nothing to write home about. I recommend skipping a dining plan & just paying as you go. Weekends will be busier than weekdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter