• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking off-property

eeyore_hisownself

Long time lurker and DVC owner
I can't get a 2br at a DVC resort for the week I'm going to be at WDW (10/15-22). What Condo off-property would you suggest, knowing that they can only get close to DVC quality. Oh, highspeed internet access greatly desired.:earsboy:

hilton grand vacaton club
www.hgvc.com

marriott - lots of marriott
www.vacationclub.com

if you want something closer to WDW but not as nice
Silver Lake
www.silverlake.net
you can get it sometimes on www.skyauction.com

this is less than a half mile from AK - you go in to WDW the back way.

on the other side - close to DD - is Cypress Pointe, Sheraton's Vistana Resort, Embassy, and Byran's Spanish Cove.

you can get most of these also on www.skyauction.com
you can also get Cypress pointe on
www.hotelkingdom.com

I am finding a bunch of great resorts off site.

go over on www.tug2.net and see if you can't get an owner referral to save you some money if you can't find what you want on skyauction
if you don't mind a longer drive and a ton bigger - then Orange Lake.

Also several Westsgates and Orange Lake on 192 plus I think it's Cypress Pointe just outside the Disney Village off 535. Marriott's Cypress Harbour and Horizons by Sea World. If you have a friend who is a member of II or RCI, they might be able to get you what you want much cheaper and/or easier.

Whatever you do, AVOID at all costs the Wyndham Palms! Yuck! :scared: :crazy2:

ETA: We stayed at one of the Marriott properties a few years ago (sorry, can't remember which one) and it was FANTASTIC! ::yes::

We stayed at Orange Lake last week and enjoyed the resort - it is a huge place. We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Village in May - very nice resort - and Polynesian Isles a few years ago. All are about 15 minutes away from WDW.

Westgate is also nearby as is Orbit One. These two and Orange Lake are just off 192 (we even found an unmarked shortcut from 192 that takes you near AKL bypassing the main Disney gates). Vistana is just off International Drive and Polynesian Isles is over near the Publix off of 535.

Any kids? What are there ages?

Horizons Marriott is great for kids 8 and under.

Marriott Cypress Harbour or Hilton Grande Vacation Club or Marriott Grande Vista are also very nice for everyone.

All 4 of these properties are close to each other, (near Seaworld). It's only 15 minutes drive to WDW.

Try the Marriott.com website and in October you'll hopefully get a good rate.

Have a great trip--October is a fantastic time for WDW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter