Looking to Lose Ladies

Lisa

<font color=royalblue>OMG, I think I am going to p
Apparently we all have a little junk in the trunk that we are looking to lose. Some are apprehensive of the Biggest Loser thread elsewhere so we thought we would do a thread amongst our group. Any and every one is welcome to join in. Doesn't matter if you wish to lose a little or (in my case) alot.

BAMB and I do a weekly weigh in on Tuesday mornings. I was thinking of doing something along those lines here. We only give our last digit of our weight. For example, when we started mine was 5, the next week it was 3, the following it was 0, the unfortunately it bounced back to 5, this week it is at 2, so tracking I know I lost three pounds total. For me I lose weight best my weighing myself everyday, it keeps me in check for eating right (I never use the nasty four letter word, diet, GASP) and makes me more accountable each week

So lets have ideas how people want to do this; a weekly weigh in? we keep tally ourself and post when we reach a certain milestone. Give me the feedback, ladies. :goodvibes

Looking to Lose Ladies

Lisa

Feb 2 - 5, looking to lose 105
Feb 9 - 2, three down, 102 to go
Feb 16 - 3, up one in the wrong direction, oops :(
Feb 23 - 0, down 3, and that is while on vacation!
Mar 1 - 9, down 1, six pounds gone!!
Mar 9 - 9, I feel lucky that it stayed the same. I've been eating right, it's just that time.
Mar 16 - 0, up a pound :(
Mar 22 - 8.5, down a pound and a half!!
Mar 29 - 2, UP, UP, UP, 3.5 pounds, ugh
Apr 6 - 9, down, down, after paying the cocoa price
Apr 13 - 0, ugggggh, I feel like a yo yo.
Apr 17 - 8
Apr 26 - 9, really it should be much higher after crepes and popovers during vacation, along with pecan pie at DB's birthday Sunday. I have to forget about stress, and regroup.
May 4 - 7!!!!
May 11 - 0, I deserve it completely. I ate far too many GS Thin Mint cookies.
May 18 - 9, didn't realize I managed to lose a pound
May 25 - 8, yippee for me!
June 9 - 9, need to buckle down with the bike and eating healthy.
Jun 14 - 7.9
July 5 - 1, ugh, I feel like such a yo-yo
Jul 12 - 8.9, down

Joyah

Feb 9 - 7, looking to initially lose 10 then another 30
Feb 16 - 5.5, down 1.5, great start!
Feb 23 - 4.5, down 1 pd, yeah!!
Mar 1 - 4, down another .5. Yippee!!!!
Mar 9 - 2.5, another 1.5 gone! All that sugaring is working our girl!
Mar 16 - 2 to 2.6, maintaining
Mar 23 - 2.5, maintaining
Mar 30 - losing the inches, baby!!!!
Apr 7 - maintained during the Easter weekend. Good job!
Apr20 - maintaining while a visitor is visiting
Apr 27 - 3

AlexWyattMommy

Feb 2 - 3, looking to lose 13 pounds
Feb 9 - 1.3, two down, 11 to go!
Feb 16 - 1, down .3
Feb 23 - 9.6, another down week, woo hoo!
Mar 9 - 7.6, down two, yahoo!
Mar 16 - 7.6, maintaining
Mar 23 - 7.2
Mar 30 - 5.6, you are getting close, girlfriend!
Apr 6 - 4.4, look at you, you need to post a picture of yourself in your skinny jeans
Apr 13 - 4, good job considering there is a new ice cream maker in the house
Apr 20 - 1.8, where is the picture of you in your skinny jeans?!
Apr 27 - 2, loving how healthy she and the family are eating, with the exception of some weekend ice cream.
May 12 - 0.2
May 18 - 0!!!
May 25 - 9.2
Jun 1 - 9.4 good job maintaining, Ann!!
Jun 8, 8.2, Ann, you've lost more than your original goal!
Jun 15 - 5.4
Jun 22 - 6.8

rlovew

Feb 2 - 5, looking to lose 20 pounds
Feb 9 - 1.5, 3.5 down, 16.5 to go!
Feb 16 - 1, down .5. With the week you've had, that is good!
Feb 23 - 1, again good for you for maintaining considering the stress you are under
mar 2 - 2.5
Mar 9 - 0, down 2.5!!
Mar 16 - 1.5, oops
Mar 23 - 0.5, down a pound!!
Mar 30 - maintaining
Apr 8 - maintaining
Apr 20 - 9.5, alrighty!!
Apr 28 - 0.0

MorgansMom

goal 10%

Mar 2 - 1.8
Mar 9 - 8, down 3.8!!!
Mar 16 - .2, every bit counts!
Mar 23 - 5.8, down 2.4!! :woohoo:
Mar 30 - 5.4
Apr 6 - 3.6, wow, impressive Missy!!!
Apr 20 - 4, not bad after a scrapping weekend.
Apr 26 - 1.2, down 2.8!!!
May 18 - 0.8, Yowser!!! Great job!!!

SIOH

Feb 2 - 3.2, looking to lose 12.4
Feb 9 - 2.4, oh, pulease, you do the math! ;) LOL
Feb 16 - 6.5, adjusted from previous entries
Feb 22 - 5.5, down 1!! Way to go!!
Mar 1 - 5, down another .5!!
Mar 8 - 4, continuing on the downward slope!
Mar 17 - 2.6, another 1.4, that makes 4 pounds GONE!!! woohoo!!
Mar 22 - 0.6, two pounds!!!, that makes six!! Well done!
Mar 30 - 9.4, down again, :)
Apr 6 - maintained on a hard week to maintain. Good for you!!
Apr 13 - 0, SIOH, I think you and I are on the same schedule
Apr 20 - maintaining
Apr 26 - 9.6, going down!!
May 4 - 8.4, awesome!!
May 24 - 7.2, keep it going, sweetie!!
Jun 1 - 6.5, look at how much less you will be toting around WDW!!! Ten pounds?!!! Way to go!!

scrapgirl3

Feb 9 - 9, looking to lose 30

MazdaUK

looking to lose 10 pounds, (or was that kilos?)
2/24, in trousers that fit good!
Mar 2, adjusting her goal to 14 pounds
Mar 10 - 0
Mar 16 - .5
Mar 30 - 6
Apr 8 - maintaining
May 12 - maintaining
July 5, maintaining

Arizona Rita

Feb 9 - 8
Feb 24 - 8, dealing with a broken scale, but clocking 3 miles in record time!!
Mar 1 - 7, going down, down, down!!! woo hoo!
Mar 8 - 6, going dooooowwwwwwn!!
Mar 30 - 6, maintaining
Apr 6 - maintained during the holiday weekend, good for you!!
Apr 15 - 4.5, yes, hospital weigh ins definitely count
July 5 - maintaining even on vacation!

Looking to lose 10 pds by her cruise, aiming for 160-170

Hopemax

15 days of healthy eating (I like this one!)
Mar 1, posted an update to her progress of her healthy eating.

BAMB

Feb 2 - 0, aiming to lose 20 pounds
Feb 9 - 8, down two pounds!
Feb 16 - 9, up one pound, regrouping for next week
Mar 10 - 9.4

Pinball Family

Aiming to lose 15 pounds, and her DH if he doesn't watch it! ;)

Feb 11 - down 2 pds
Feb 16 - down .5 pds
Feb 24 - down .5 pds, those .5's are adding up!
Mar 3 - no change
Mar 10 - down .5 pds
Mar 17 - 9.5, down 1.4, yahoo!!!!!
Mar 24 - 0, up .5, not too bad, stay the course
Mar 31- 8.5, down 1.5, yeah for you!
Apr 8 - .5, good job considering the holiday weekend.
Apr 14 - 9, going in the right direction!
Apr 20 - 6.5, awesome!!!!
Apr 29 - 7.5
May 12 - 5, doing great!!!!!
May 20 - 7, oops,
Jun 15 - 7.5, considering the stress, and the roller coaster of life, good job maintaining

LindaBabe

Normally I would just put the last digit however what Linda has done is amazing!!!! Her goal is to get down to 147 pounds and be on no meds by her 65th birthday. I believe she can do it!!!!!

2009 - 267 pounds
Feb 9 - 219.5
Feb 22 - 219.5, I am getting a lot out of your menus. :)
Mar 9 - 218.5, doing great, Miss Linda
Mar 22 - 217.5, look at you, Lady
Mar 30 - 217.5, maintaining despite a close encounter with a cocoa this weekend. :)
Apr 6 - maintaining after a great anniversary dinner out with her honey. :D
Apr 20 - averaging 216!!!!!
Apr 27 - 216!! So proud of you!!
May 18 - 215.5!!!!! Wonderful job!!
Jun 15 - 222, I know you will get back on track
Jun 22 - 215.5, back on track, girl!
July 5 - 214!!!! Linda, you truly are an inspiration.
July 12 - 214.5

DDavis

Feb 9 - 5, aiming to get to 175 lbs,
Feb 16 - 5, maintaining and feeling great!
Feb 22 - 2, down 3!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
Mar 2 - 1, terrific!!!!
Mar 8 - 0, five pounds since we started, that is great!!!!
Mar 23 - 8, down another 2!!
Mar 30 - 0, up 2, take a deep breath and recharge
Apr 6 - 6, she lost 4 pounds over easter weekend, hubby's cooking, AND birthday cake? WOW!!!!!
Apr 15 - 8, sure now that birthday cake caught up with her. :/
Jun 6.3 (did we lose your progress from Apr 15 to June???!
Jun 14 - 3
Jul 12 - 8, is that up from the 3 or down from the 3?

Party of 3

looking to lose 5 libs at a time

DisneyIsTerrific

Feb 9 - 0
Feb 16 - 9.5, down .5, good start!!
Feb 23 - 9, yippee another .5 gone!
Mar 9 - .5, up 1.5, a time to regroup
Mar 16 - 9.5, regrouping paid off!

FunkyChunkyMonkey

Looking to lose 15 and wearing her two piece bathing suit by summer

Mar 8 - 0

Lisa thank you for starting this. Many years ago when I joined the dis (the first time) wish boards had a saying onwards and downwards this is still taped to my bathroom mirror (it's been replaced a few times) but I like the saying.

I think the weekly weigh in and posting the last number is a great idea holds us accountable and still gives us the privacy of THAT #.

For me I want to drop that 10 that I put back on over the winter this will put me at the weight I was 10 years ago. THAT # is still way to high but I need a starting point. My ultimate goal is what I was when we got married in 94 to hit that goal I need to lose an aditional 30.

I know my problem areas CARBS I love bread, pasta potatos all the things I shouldn't eat. I also LOVE soda and can't do diet as I'm allergic to nutrasweet/aspratame so I try to limit it to 1 a day as my coffee.

Last week it was a 3. This morning after my elliptical session it was a 1. Going in the proper direction. ;)

Course, I am currently drinking my coffee and eating my trail mix bagel from Panera for my breakfast. I usually eat sooner, but this snow day has me messed up. -meant to say that will totally mess up my good thing above. LOL

Here are my goals -
I gained 20, but I had gotten too skinny the first time. At 5'6" xxx looked awful on my frame. The neck area took a hard hit. It was pretty gross in the photos from Disney.
So I am looking at losing 13 as my goal. I am xxx now. I want to be xxx when we are done.
But I need to do it without eating weird stuff. If I break too far away from my normal diet, I won't stick to it. I can try to change the habits, but the stock needs to stay the same.

I need to keep to an exercise routing. One for losing and one for maintaining when I get to my goal. My bad was I stopped completely after Disney in 2008, gained some then and gained the rest when I spent the summer of 2009 sitting outside with the puppies stuffing my face. All the time with no proper exercising at all.

Last week I was at 5, this week I am at 1.5.

My goal is to lose the 20 pounds I have gained since moving here and not working in the schools anymore. I need to keep up my exercise and eat sensibly and I can do it. I lost 10 pounds last spring doing that and it was not too hard. I gained that back over the summer so I am working on getting that back off first and then losing some more of the weight from here.

Rebecca

My first goal is 10%. I will go from there :)

I know I can do it, I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers - I lost my weight and kept it off for a certain amount of time - unfortunately that was quite a few pounds ago.

Accountability is what I need, but I hate to spend the $ going to meetings. This may be the kick in the pants I need :cutie:

I'm in! I like this plan! Mine last week was 3.2. This week, it's 2.4. Not doing too well with the whole "d" word thing, but trying to get back on the exercising! I want to lose 12.4 lbs (back to the "0"). That WON'T make me skinny by the doctor's standards, but it will make me MUCH healthier and at the weight at which I'm comfortable and confident with myself!

I would love to do this also. I am the heaviest I have ever been, sigh. My problem is NOT exercise, I exercise almost daily and run triathlons as well as long distance races, and go to the gym almost daily (except this week with all the snow!) My problem is 2 things- portion control and sugar! I LOVE my soda and I love all things sugar. I also eat too much at one sitting.
I have lent coming up and I plan to give up soda for lent. I've done it before so I know I can do it again.
I need to journal my calorie intake better.
I am at xx9 right now, so we'll see next week!

If you guys want, you can PM me your weights and I can keep track like LuvBaloo does. I promise I won't tell weights, she just tallies who lost who gained, who stayed the same.
I'm on the WISH boards and will probably stay there but I'll post here too. I don't mind hostessing with Lisa.
I need to get my junk under control for August!! 198 days!!!

Lisa do you want to add a list of players in your post? I can sticky this as well.

I'm giving up weighing - I think my scales are on the way out - I've tris Ww, exercise (OK, not so much exercise as I should) but my goal is to lose 10lb is - I'll know when I've done it because I have a skirt which I can't wear at the moment and a dress which looks like Santa's sack when I wear it :blush:

My downfall is cheese, and extra glass where it should be one;), and big pasta protions (there's the cheese again!). I've knocked back on cookies, cake and candy over the years except when colleagues bring in stuff for birthdays. But if I don't eat I get cranky, so I need to spread little things like WW yoghurts over the course of the day. I already walk a mile each way from the station to my office, and about 1 mile round station to home, I need to find more opportunities for walking rather than sitting.

Okay, I will put everyone's name in my original post and add as others wish to join. There is no way in h*e*c*k I am telling anyone my weight. There was only one time I gave my true weight and that was when surgery and anest was involved. There was no way I was going to fudge that number.

We can do this!!!!

I need to do this too. But my plan this time isn't to weigh. I start obsessing about that number, and even when I exercise and I know my stamina is increasing, and I can see muscles in my arms, the scale moves incredibly slowly. So I'm ignoring the scale.

I do know that, between when we started moving and Christmas, I had lost 9 lbs, even though I was eating crap. I guess moving everything you own does that. :lmao: But I also think having stairs, and going up and down them all the time has helped too. My pants fit different, in the rear/thigh area, which is a good thing. I know I have gained some of that back, but I hope not all of it.

What I really need to do is give up the pop, again. I wasn't really a pop drinker until the move when I needed it to keep going to finish all the tasks that needed to be done. I also need to give up the sweets. So my first goal, 15 days of healthy eating. I plan to have popcorn for the Opening Ceremonies on Fri, and then Valentine's Day is a cheat day. I am on day 2, since I started this yesterday.

I'm in this! and I thank you too for starting this. I tried to wade through the wish board and I just got overwhelmed.
I had a GB in 2005 and have still kept most of what I lost off. I got down to 163, for one weigh in, but I think that was just a fluke. So when Im asked how much I lost I say I got down to 167 because I was there for a while.
To be honest I think I got scared and didnt know how to handle it. Then my neice got sick and passed away, one thing after another!
Hello, my name is Rita and Im an emotional eater!
I did join WW last week and started Lent early by giving up soda on the day I started WW.
I think this will be very helpful. I would like to get back into the 60's, would settle for the 70's and want to definitely lose 10 pounds before the cruise.

Question: If we started at a lower number in one number group and go down to a higher end number in the next group down, how do we show that?

Bamb, pm-ing you.
Thanks again for starting this:flower3:

:cheer2:WE CAN DO IT!!:cheer2:

Rita, if a person is at say a 3 this week, then goes to a 9 next, they would say 9 and whether it was a gain :scared1: or a loss. :cool1:

I use a weight chart that I print off from 3fatchicks.com to keep track of my gains/losses.

I am thinking your WW weigh in is later in the week, right? Did you want to go by what your WW weight was last week for your starting last digit weight here this week?

HopeMax, I'll add your name. :) I like your viewpoint of healthy eating.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds. Not saying by when though. I really need to lose like 70 but 20 is a more attainable goal right now, at least til it warms up.

My last digit is an 8.
My workouts have been light due to the Fifth's so I've been working on food.

Okay so i forgot... my last digit was a 7.
BAMB I will pm you when the body evens out after the lovely womans week. While working has been great for the movement part they also have doughnuts lovely doughnuts sitting infront of me........ and then there is the fact that they feed me I need to watch that cause it's like eating dinner at 11 and 6.

I need to give up the soda but just can't totally do it. I've got to get healthier or I'm going to suffer for it.
I also need to start wearing the pedometer at work to clock the miles and I need to get back to my situps on the ball.

Ok - I'll play, too!

Goal is to lose 15 lbs. Now that I'm off the nasty car crash meds, can crank back up to/towards 6 miles/1.5 hours on the daily dog walking, and (maybe) cut down on my daily medicinal dose of a handful of chocolate chips...eek!...this should be possible.

When DH saw the title of this thread, he laughed and wondered aloud exactly what steps he could take to "lose" me! :lmao: Hey, buddy...be careful whatcha wish for!!! I know George Clooney is just out there waiting for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter