Looking to Lose Ladies

Back to tracking my food intake, just to see if I've slacked off, since the scale is still stuck. This week, eating as usual, i've consumed about 1200 - 1500 calories per day. I SHOULD be losing weight at that rate. (expletive deleted)

Linda, I hear you, it's frustrating. I am so discouraged myself but I still try to give it an effort. I am pushing myself to take the stairs at work and exercise on the bike. Unfortunately for me my scale has gone up. ugh.....

I've abandoned my scales :guilty: but now the better weather is here I'm trying to walk more, not just to and from work and shops, but making a big effort to go for a long walk just walking - I had two 2-hour walks over the Easter vacation, and I've been taking the stairs at work (don't feel sorry for me as I'm only on the 3rd floor:rolleyes1 but they are high ceilings)

ETA Linda, over here the guidance is 2000 calories a day for a man and 1500 a day for a woman as a "healthy intake" - most diets are 1000-1200 calories a day for women (or less - but they are NOT good for you!!) Its very easy for portions to creep up - for example I ALWAYS weigh my cereal as its surprising how that 30g portion creeps up to 35 - 40- 45 :scared: Also pasta and potatoes, especially if I'm hungry when its so easy to add another few grams on the basis that "I won'd have extra meat/fish/cheese" (or whatever) Multiply that by 3 meals a day and a couple of healthy snacks and you could easily be taking on slightly too much - I read just 100 calories a day intake above what you've used can add 1lb per year, and 100 calories is nothing - that's not even a 2-finger kitkat! Also check if any recipes have changed - sometimes they reduce the fat but up the sugar.

I've abandoned my scales :guilty: but now the better weather is here I'm trying to walk more, not just to and from work and shops, but making a big effort to go for a long walk just walking - I had two 2-hour walks over the Easter vacation, and I've been taking the stairs at work (don't feel sorry for me as I'm only on the 3rd floor:rolleyes1 but they are high ceilings)

ETA Linda, over here the guidance is 2000 calories a day for a man and 1500 a day for a woman as a "healthy intake" - most diets are 1000-1200 calories a day for women (or less - but they are NOT good for you!!) Its very easy for portions to creep up - for example I ALWAYS weigh my cereal as its surprising how that 30g portion creeps up to 35 - 40- 45 :scared: Also pasta and potatoes, especially if I'm hungry when its so easy to add another few grams on the basis that "I won'd have extra meat/fish/cheese" (or whatever) Multiply that by 3 meals a day and a couple of healthy snacks and you could easily be taking on slightly too much - I read just 100 calories a day intake above what you've used can add 1lb per year, and 100 calories is nothing - that's not even a 2-finger kitkat! Also check if any recipes have changed - sometimes they reduce the fat but up the sugar.

That's probably the deal, then, Mazda - because my consumption is pushing 1500 calories on many days - and that's without any cake, candy, cookies, donuts, pastries, potatoes, etc. Cereal is a once a month treat because it shoots my sugar. I always weigh my pasta because it's WAY too easy to sneak in a few strands to many.

When we're traveling, all bets are off:confused: I'll admit to indulging in donuts, crepes and dessert.

travelling definitely doesn't count - if there's no dietary info printed then its obviously calorie-free:rolleyes1

I know my crepes don't come with calorie counts!

If you can stick to the 1000-1200 for 5 days a week then you should be able to have dessert or something else yummy the other two days;) (just not too big a portion - I can never finish the portions when I am in the US so if you are eating out maybe share one with someone?) Being bored with a diet is the biggest cause of failure, so keep switching things around. see, I can talk about it but can I DO it?:sad2:

I also read at the weekend that al dente pasta has "resistant carb" and so works out less fattening (especially if wholemeal), and that if potatoes get cold their carb becomes partly resistant - so potato salad is better than mash (well of course it is!! especially if mash is full of butter:rolleyes1)

*sneaks in* Hi everyone :goodvibes
I was wondering if I might be able to join you ladies? I'm almost 2 weeks into my weight loss, going from 1 at the start to 11 (4 down) in my first week :woohoo: weigh in is tomorrow, so hopefully I can repeat!

My major issue is going to be holidays, of which I have 3 (yes, 3! :rotfl:) within July and August! I never watch what I eat in Disney because of the amount of walking I do (I never gain weight!) but Turkey for 10 days and a luxury weekend in Cheshire, UK with my other half will not do me any good!!

Good for you, Rachael, and welcome.

Unfortunately for me my weight has been going up, up, up. I have increased my mileage to three miles a day on the bike. I so feel like I am shoveling against the tide.

Good for you, Rachael, and welcome.

Unfortunately for me my weight has been going up, up, up. I have increased my mileage to three miles a day on the bike. I so feel like I am shoveling against the tide.

Hi Lisa :) thank you! I'm sure the increase in distance will solve the problem for you soon; just don't give up!

I've been put on meds which don't mix with :drinking1:sad2: I've not been on the scales but today I got into a top which was too tight when I tried it on 3 weeks ago:thumbsup2 Once I've stabilised I should be able to have an occasional drink, but if I can keep off til my vacation I may even reach my target:goodvibes (Its not so much the amount I drink, as once I've got a glass of wine I think "mmmm, some cheese would go nicely with this:rolleyes1")

:rolleyes1 I put on more weight than I lost last time. :rotfl2: Tommy [DH] wants to know what was the point of counting all those calories, starving myself and refusing to eat normal food if all I did was gain it and then some back.

So no more dieting for me. What I need to do is get back on that elliptical. I don't mind the weight. I really don't. I have girls now. ;) It was mostly help before. :rotfl2: I do mind the not feeling as energetic as I did. So back to 20 minutes a day on the elliptical. Starting today. :thumbsup2

I'm not "dieting" per se, but I am going to eat better. I am bad about eating breakfast, and don't get anywhere near enough fruits and vegetables. I need to be healthier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter