Looks Like the POLY is Our Laughin' Place! - An Aug 2017 PTR - COMPELTE, TR LINK POSTED

Makeup My Mind
29 Days Out

We are now LESS than 30 days out and our MBs have shipped! They should be here between Wednesday and Friday! This morning I woke up after I had a dream that we left for WDW, which was probably a sign that I should make a meaningful update for this PTR. So I decided to (virtually) share my makeup with you guys today!

Before I begin, let's talk photos on a semi-related note! Photobucket turned off photo sharing, which essentially trashed most people's past TRs, including mine. That means I'm on the market for photo sharing websites! I've actually been using a private Twitter account for this PTR and my January TR, but that's a no-go for uploading a whole album at a time. I tried Flickr, where the photo quality is great, but sharing and embedding photos from Flickr is SUCH a hassle. So right now I'm using Shutterfly. I tested them out on the tech board, and the photo was a bit big for my liking, so I'm still not 100% satisfied, but I'm not mad at the quality of my pics or the ease of sharing. Today you're going to get to see some Canon shots I took that I uploaded to Shutterfly instead of my iPhone pics that I put on Twitter.

Back to makeup!

I'm going for soft pink and purple, glittery vibes this year. Magical unicorn looks for days. But I still need to keep things somewhat compact, which means not taking as much as I want to take.

First of all, I'm bringing my favorite set of magical brushes. This is the elusive, sold out 5-piece Tarte "Make Believe in Yourself" brush set, which was a birthday gift from me to me.

enhance

enhance

There's a powder brush, a contour brush, a foundation brush, a shading brush, and a blending brush. It's shown here in pristine condition because the only one I've really used so far is the contour brush. I seriously don't have the heart to dirty these gorgeous brushes up yet, but they're coming to Disney to help me get this face beat for magical memories.

Also from Tarte is this little pot of glitter I picked up when I went to grab my birthday present from Sephora!

enhance

It's called "Spellbound Sprinkle" and it also hails from Tarte's MBIY collection. I've become a huge Tarte girl in the past semester and I love this glitter. I used it once before during finals week and it's a long lasting glitter with great color, perfect for a pixie dusted look.

enhance

This is my favorite highlighter! This is Heaven's Hue Highlighter in Transcendence, from stila. I bought this one at Ulta one weekend and I'm hooked. The purple, glittery highlight is so unique and fun and perfect for a day meeting princesses in Fantasyland.

enhance

I'm a liquid lipstick person, so I'm definitely planning on bringing more than one along for the ride. I have three little "sample size" tarte Tartiest lipsticks in rosy nude, mauve, and birthday suit. When it comes to matte lipsticks, I'm all about mauves and nude colors. Which is why I'm also bringing my trusty Times Square from Colourpop on the far left there! That white, glittery bottle is VICE Special Effects from Urban Decay in litter. I am OBSESSED with it. It's a topcoat of glitter for your lipstick and it is just amazing. It's not sticky like other glitter gloss type products are and it lasts on your lips forever.

enhance

I'm also bringing two Urban Decay bullet lipsticks! That purple one, Vanity Kills, was actually bought in the Disney Springs Sephora towards the middle of my program. I was obsessed with the color down there and I would get so many compliments from princesses on it! The peachy one is Stark Naked. I like Stark Naked because it's a Comforte Matte, so it's more breathable and less heavy than Vanity Kills, which is a Mega Matte.

enhance

This picture pretty much rounds out the rest of my makeup. I bought a special travel sized Smashbox Photo Finish primer for the trip because it really is one of the best primers on the market IMO. I'm also bringing along my favorite bronzer and my favorite blush, HOOLA Benefit and Tarte "paaarty". "paaarty" is a little dark at first, but once you blend it in, it's a really nice pink shade. My mom got me that mermaid foundation brush, and I love it. I've settled on one eyeshadow palette for the trip, and it's Sweet Peach from Toofaced. It's my favorite palette! It has a variety of earthy shades that all smell like peaches.

Typically I stay away from elf because they seriously have some of the worst products ever made, but I am bringing a bottle of their foundation and setting spray/primer. I'm not going to bring an expensive foundation down to florida where I'm just going to cake it on to have it melt off, and the setting spray is actually a pretty cheap and reliable spray. I'm bringing my Urban Decay setting spray too, though!

The only thing left for me is to decide on a mascara. I'm a big fan of TooFaced "Better Than Sex", but with my budget this summer, I'm most likely going to pull a drugstore dupe alongside my next bottle of elf foundation.

-Kaitlyn

All these pics of your make-up faves is literally Instagram and YouTube level stunning. I want to buy all of it, especially those brushes. They are so pretty. I will never understand why they have started to make make-up brushes so much more prettier when they are just going to get covered in a smorgashbord of foundations, eye shadows, etc. etc. You are going to slay the game down there I can tell. This also is reminding me I need to get that glittery rainbow highlighter from Forever 21 because me. :rainbow:

All these pics of your make-up faves is literally Instagram and YouTube level stunning. I want to buy all of it, especially those brushes. They are so pretty. I will never understand why they have started to make make-up brushes so much more prettier when they are just going to get covered in a smorgashbord of foundations, eye shadows, etc. etc. You are going to slay the game down there I can tell. This also is reminding me I need to get that glittery rainbow highlighter from Forever 21 because me. :rainbow:

You are literally so sweet when you want to be :sad:

That's what I'm saying!! Makeup brushes are getting too pretty for their own good!!

If you go to Sephora, Tarte has a rainbow highlighter from the same collection as the brushes/glitter that has some really nice quality and isn't too expensive!

@Newsies @PlutosRHM55

Ummmmm I hate to do this....but new....limited edition....

http://www.sephora.com/glitter-bomb-eye-shadow-collection-P419719?skuId=1957448&icid2=products grid:p419719

Edited to add: not sure if brights are you your thing, but these are from a couple years ago. Left is a random palette from a grocery store/pharmacy area. Right is the Urban Decay Electric palette and below is some small color scheme pots from Stila. You can focus on one color section or swirl for a different color.

IMG_0374.JPG

Last edited:

@Newsies @PlutosRHM55

Ummmmm I hate to do this....but new....limited edition....

http://www.sephora.com/glitter-bomb-eye-shadow-collection-P419719?skuId=1957448&icid2=products grid:p419719

Edited to add: not sure if brights are you your thing, but these are from a couple years ago. Left is a random palette from a grocery store/pharmacy area. Right is the Urban Decay Electric palette and below is some small color scheme pots from Stila. You can focus on one color section or swirl for a different color.

View attachment 248394

I saw that TooFaced palette the other day! The pigments look great, but 99% of the reviews so far complain about the fallout. It's almost $50 by itself, and I'd still need to buy the $20 Shadow Insurance primer to make sure that fallout doesn't get too out of hand and that it stayed on my eyes the whole night.

Ooh, I love your stuff! Those stila pots are lovely!

Some 4th of July Reflections
26 Days Out

Happy 4th of July from me and the cast of my (third) favorite musical movie (after Newsies and Hello, Dolly!)

giphy.gif

Watching 1776 on the 4th of July is, like, basically my only holiday tradition. And since 2014, it's become synonymous with me going to Disney World!

We left for our 2014 vacation literally hours after I had watched this historical musical movie, which marked a vacation of firsts. It was my first PTR/TR, first vacation since joining the DIS late 2013, and first vacation that I had planned and organized all by myself. We had a grand old time at the Grand Floridian! But this year, as I'm watching 1776, I'm thinking about how I've changed since I first started on this true ~*~ walt disney world journey ~*~

First, I wanna talk technicalities. Knowing how to make a FP+ =/= knowing how to plan FP+s. Which is something I clearly didn't know how to do in 2014. I had some good FP+ in there, but the times were mostly all over the place and we had some really bad ones in there. For example- Journey of the Little Mermaid, VOYAGE of the Little Mermaid, and a near rope-drop Pirates of the Caribbean FP+ were not good uses of our FP+ selections, IMO. Especially since I waited up until midnight on the 60 day mark and had my choice of literally anything.

Our dining reservations were also... interesting. There was a different character meal for 5/7 days we were there. I guess 6 if you include dinner at Be Our Guest since we did, in fact, stop to meet the beast? If you know me you know that character dining is my favorite type of dining, but that took a lot of time out of touring and there are so many great non-character restaurants in WDW to choose. We also made a reservation for Big River Grille, and even though we didn't end up going, it wasn't really something that I would imagine my family enjoying.

Even the things I wear are so much more different than what I wore during my 2014 trip! A lot of my Disney clothing was full of characters and came from Hot Topic and Kohls. Over the past 3 years, I've become a lot more small store/Etsy oriented. T-Shirts with Minnie Mouse and the princesses all over them have been replaced with solid color t-shirts that say things like "DOLE WHIPS & TIKI ROOM DAYS 4 LYFE". I'm also no longer a fan of Disneybounding.

Finally, I feel like my PTRs/TRs have DEFINITELY improved but I'll leave that up to you guys to decide ;)I didn't use the right photo hosting sites and there was little to no organization in them. I'm still as much of a creature of habit as I was the first time I wrote a TR, though! I try to be consistent in the headings I use on every post and I'm super uptight about using the same exact font face, color, and size for every single update. But seeing as I was a high school junior-turning-senior in 2014 and now I'm a college sophomore-turning-junior, I would hope the most important part of my TRs has improved: my writing! Grammar, structure, and otherwise- hopefully, it's all gotten better as I take more college-level writing courses and write less Newsies fan fiction.

For those of you who like visuals, here you go! Yesterday I bought a new pair of sneakers for the trip. I went through my old PTR today to relive my 2014 days and remembered I bought a new pair for that trip, too!

Here's 2014 vs 2017.

BqH0VcnIgAA54O7.jpg

DD6mEf9U0AAui3v.jpg

Looking back, I still think those orange and green sneakers were pretty cool! But these Cinderella blue sneakers are what I'm feelin' right now. It's fun to see how I've changed in the past three years, and three years from now, it'll be fun to see how my vacations, TRs, and taste in sneakers change again!

But hopefully, no matter how many things change about me, I'll always watch 1776 on the 4th of July.

kEOHd.gif

-Kaitlyn

Some 4th of July Reflections
26 Days Out

Happy 4th of July from me and the cast of my (third) favorite musical movie (after Newsies and Hello, Dolly!)

Watching 1776 on the 4th of July is, like, basically my only holiday tradition. And since 2014, it's become synonymous with me going to Disney World!

We left for our 2014 vacation literally hours after I had watched this historical musical movie, which marked a vacation of firsts. It was my first PTR/TR, first vacation since joining the DIS late 2013, and first vacation that I had planned and organized all by myself. We had a grand old time at the Grand Floridian! But this year, as I'm watching 1776, I'm thinking about how I've changed since I first started on this true ~*~ walt disney world journey ~*~

First, I wanna talk technicalities. Knowing how to make a FP+ =/= knowing how to plan FP+s. Which is something I clearly didn't know how to do in 2014. I had some good FP+ in there, but the times were mostly all over the place and we had some really bad ones in there. For example- Journey of the Little Mermaid, VOYAGE of the Little Mermaid, and a near rope-drop Pirates of the Caribbean FP+ were not good uses of our FP+ selections, IMO. Especially since I waited up until midnight on the 60 day mark and had my choice of literally anything.

Our dining reservations were also... interesting. There was a different character meal for 5/7 days we were there. I guess 6 if you include dinner at Be Our Guest since we did, in fact, stop to meet the beast? If you know me you know that character dining is my favorite type of dining, but that took a lot of time out of touring and there are so many great non-character restaurants in WDW to choose. We also made a reservation for Big River Grille, and even though we didn't end up going, it wasn't really something that I would imagine my family enjoying.

Even the things I wear are so much more different than what I wore during my 2014 trip! A lot of my Disney clothing was full of characters and came from Hot Topic and Kohls. Over the past 3 years, I've become a lot more small store/Etsy oriented. T-Shirts with Minnie Mouse and the princesses all over them have been replaced with solid color t-shirts that say things like "DOLE WHIPS & TIKI ROOM DAYS 4 LYFE". I'm also no longer a fan of Disneybounding.

Finally, I feel like my PTRs/TRs have DEFINITELY improved but I'll leave that up to you guys to decide ;)I didn't use the right photo hosting sites and there was little to no organization in them. I'm still as much of a creature of habit as I was the first time I wrote a TR, though! I try to be consistent in the headings I use on every post and I'm super uptight about using the same exact font face, color, and size for every single update. But seeing as I was a high school junior-turning-senior in 2014 and now I'm a college sophomore-turning-junior, I would hope the most important part of my TRs has improved: my writing! Grammar, structure, and otherwise- hopefully, it's all gotten better as I take more college-level writing courses and write less Newsies fan fiction.

For those of you who like visuals, here you go! Yesterday I bought a new pair of sneakers for the trip. I went through my old PTR today to relive my 2014 days and remembered I bought a new pair for that trip, too!

Looking back, I still think those orange and green sneakers were pretty cool! But these Cinderella blue sneakers are what I'm feelin' right now. It's fun to see how I've changed in the past three years, and three years from now, it'll be fun to see how my vacations, TRs, and taste in sneakers change again!

But hopefully, no matter how many things change about me, I'll always watch 1776 on the 4th of July.
-Kaitlyn

I'm convinced if there were more historical musicals like 1776, I wouldn't have retained more in my history classes.

I'm watching the marathon of sorts on TCM and 1776 is later tonight:
West Side Story
take me out to the ballgame
Seven brides for seven brothers
Yankee Doodle dandy
the music man

Finally all caught up! Your plans are awesome and incredibly detailed!

Once I get through security/CityWalk, the first thing I'm going to do is see what the deal is at Toothsome. How early I can put our family's name in, if I can put my family's name in, etc. and report back to mom with the details.

Toothsome ice cream is to. die. for. We just went and got ice cream, and holy moly wow was it amazing. Hands down some of the best ice cream I've ever had!

I NEED to go on Jimmy Fallon's Race Through New York, and thankfully, I can do that with an express pass!

This ride is AH-MAZING! We managed to be able to ride it twice thanks to the EP, and it was just as awesome the second time. :)

I'm convinced if there were more historical musicals like 1776, I wouldn't have retained more in my history classes.

I'm watching the marathon of sorts on TCM and 1776 is later tonight:
West Side Story
take me out to the ballgame
Seven brides for seven brothers
Yankee Doodle dandy
the music man

Yeah, but if there were LESS historical musical movies, I probably wouldn't have spent so much money seeing a live musical about the Newsboy Strike of 1899... :rotfl:

I'm watching TCM too! I was watching West Side Story while I worked on the update!!! LOVE the TCM, which is where I watched 1776 in 2014!

Finally all caught up! Your plans are awesome and incredibly detailed!

Toothsome ice cream is to. die. for. We just went and got ice cream, and holy moly wow was it amazing. Hands down some of the best ice cream I've ever had!

This ride is AH-MAZING! We managed to be able to ride it twice thanks to the EP, and it was just as awesome the second time. :)

YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK AHH!! :bounce:

Thanks for being super sweet and teasing your Toothsome/Jimmy Fallon reviews!!! Off to follow your TR!!!

Following! Haven't gotten to read anything yet but your first post, but excited to follow along!

:welcome: Thanks for following along!

I love the rundown of all of the makeup you're bringing along! Those tarte brushes are beautiful :love:

Aww, thank you!! They're my favorite brushes I've ever owned, they're so soft!!

Your summer job sounds so fun!

Love all the pics of your makeup :love:

It's fun, but SO tiring. They really keep me running around!

Thank you!!!

Hi!! :wave::wave: I'm spending way too much time getting caught up on the DIS:laughing::laughing: Yayyy can't wait to see you over there! :thumbsup2

Your TR is AWESOME so far! :cutie:

Ok might have just spent a lot of time at work reading this and very excited for your trip! Also, I did Spirit of Aloha a long time ago (uhh, 12 years ago...) but I can still remember how delicious it was. I've gone to an actual luau in Hawaii and while eating at that I actually thought to myself "the Disney one was a lot better than this."

Ok might have just spent a lot of time at work reading this and very excited for your trip! Also, I did Spirit of Aloha a long time ago (uhh, 12 years ago...) but I can still remember how delicious it was. I've gone to an actual luau in Hawaii and while eating at that I actually thought to myself "the Disney one was a lot better than this."

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the insight on Spirit of Aloha! I've been hearing mixed things lately and hearing kind words about it really helps set my mind at ease!!

Still haven't seen 1776... I'm just not sure I can love the musical that beat out Hair for the Best Musical Tony...

Omg this post made me SOOOOO nostalgic. It reminds me of how I've changed over the course of my 7 year life on the DIS and as a TR writer (aka my DIS thread on Twitter lolz). It's also crazy how we've known each other for so long and only spent up to a little over a week with each other. I'm so glad we've moved on from being stuck on the merchandise only sold in the Disney parks or at the DisneyStore. And omg you and Cindy are going to twin so hard, except you're prettier and nicer. :teeth:

Still haven't seen 1776... I'm just not sure I can love the musical that beat out Hair for the Best Musical Tony...

Omg this post made me SOOOOO nostalgic. It reminds me of how I've changed over the course of my 7 year life on the DIS and as a TR writer (aka my DIS thread on Twitter lolz). It's also crazy how we've known each other for so long and only spent up to a little over a week with each other. I'm so glad we've moved on from being stuck on the merchandise only sold in the Disney parks or at the DisneyStore. And omg you and Cindy are going to twin so hard, except you're prettier and nicer. :teeth:

I can't decide if you would love or hate 1776. You would SERIOUSLY resonate with how posh it is but it's so slow and you're so fabulous and I can't imagine you would enjoy it that much. In any case I'm going to force you to watch it with me the next time we see each other.

I've been thinking about #DCPRegrets and honestly my biggest one is that I spent virtually NO time with you. But I also guess we can't blame ourselves because our work schedules didn't sync up at all, so we did the best we could. I'm glad we've moved on from only wearing #OfficialDisneyMerch too LOL. And you're making me blush, punzie :lovestruc

The MagicBands Are Here!
22 Days Out

3 weeks from today we'll be on the road, and today we got our MagicBands!

'Kay, so, first of all, I had THE MOST frustrating shipping experience with these bands. Granted, they were shipped around 4th of July, so it was bound to be frustrating, but ugh.

So, they started off in Davenport. They stayed in Davenport for five days. Then they somehow found themselves in Illinois? But then a little later on they were in Pennsylvania? And then the next day they were in a DIFFERENT PART of Pennsylvania? And then really early yesterday morning they were finally in Kearny. Then FINALLY, today they made their way to our town.

Looking back, I guess this experience wasn't that frustrating, but watching it crawl from Illinois to multiple parts of Pennsylvania was AGONIZING. And Disney said that they would get here between the 5-7 and today is totally the 8th but like whatever I'm not salty.

I'm just so impatient.

giphy.gif

Okay, but enough complaining! I know you're all ACTUALLY waiting to see these bands, so let's not delay any further!

First of all, I really appreciate the fact that the packaging is SO much more compact with these 2.0 bands. If I'm not mistaken, you used to get your MagicBand box within another box and there's just one really small box here. The presentation is still very nice though, which I was actually kind of scared about when I saw how tiny the box was in the mailbox. Here we go!

DEOhydyVoAE0mMU.jpg

DEOhydnV0AAhnG6.jpg

Let's go from left to right!

That blue magicband is mom's. Her MB this trip is Susie, like it's been for the last trips we've taken! She's not one to change things, so this is a standard for her.

The purple one is Grace's. Her MB this trip is named Rapunzel, after one of her favorite princesses! It broke my heart to part with my favorite color, but I'm happy she likes it.

That orange one is MINE! My MB name is... Sassy! Which should really be my birth name. My heightened sass levels in the past months made mom suggest that I make that my MB name, and I agreed.

And finally, that green one is dad's. His MB is named Chief. He's a fireman, and his MBs are always named Chief, but this time he opted for a green band instead of a red one.

Here are the luggage tags we got!

DEOhydGVwAA3d24.jpg

As you know, nothing gold can stay with me. My orange band is lovely, but it is also BORING and we've got to make it sassier. It has to live up to its name, no?

So we made it sassy.

DEOoGoGV0AAuGaZ.jpg

Do you guys remember the adhesive sticker I bought for this band? No? It's okay, it happened a while ago. Anyway, I applied it.

The first step to applying the adhesive was the clean the band with rubbing alcohol. The instructions recommended it even if it came right out of the box, so I gave it a nice little scrub.

The first part I applied was the mickey head, followed by the part of the band without holes, followed by the part of the band with holes. I struggled a little bit with the center bits of the sticker.

The final part to applying the adhesive was to go over it with a hairdryer, so that the adhesive would stick better and you could smooth out any wrinkles. There are some big wrinkles in the middle of the band and as hard as I tried, I couldn't get them to stick so we're just going to have to live with them. That's life. If you know me, you know that nothing I craft ever comes out as good as it should and it's just something I've accepted and come to term with.

Here's the final product!

DEOoGoFVoAEKUQL.jpg

DEOoGoFUAAAco16.jpg

DEOoGoFUAAEQXzG.jpg

I know I keep hinting at this, but I have a MAJOR announcement in the works, and in two or three days I'll finally get to tell you guys what it is!

-Kaitlyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts