looks like they have made some changes to the RAT and website

I was able to add a guest onto two reservations using the modify function, but I'm too scared to mess with the the actual dates and resorts just in case it messes up and I lose the reservations I've got. Princess Half-Marathon Weekend is PACKED!!

I tried it tonight almost all the way. It was working fine but I needed to use transferred points and they don't show online so I called MS. But it would have worked nicely.

Was modifying HHI Jan 19-21 in a 1BR with 2 guests to Jan 18-21 in a 2BR with 4 guests.

I’m excited to try it, but still afraid. I may make a one night and see if I can switch it’s a test.

I’m excited to try it, but still afraid. I may make a one night and see if I can switch it’s a test.

I am the same. I have two more days to add to a July reservation but I really don't want to do anything to jeopardise what I have already... I have just been calling to add...

I am the same. I have two more days to add to a July reservation but I really don't want to do anything to jeopardise what I have already... I have just been calling to add...

Are you afraid that the function will mess up your reservation?

Yeah, exactly...

I understand :-) I tried to modify a reservation yesterday where I had to switch resort and it worked like a charm. I even had the option to choose which contracts to use.

Internet explorer is working fairly well now, but Edge still won't let me even log in.

I have had sooo many problems with Egde so I normally just use my iPad with safari and it works just fine.

Do you know if it held the new res while your points were released from the canceled old res? In other words was there a chance to end up with nothing in the switch?

I did a couple of dummy bookings today.

The modify option seems to work perfectly now. Booked BCV 2 bedroom for 12 march 2019 for 6 days. Then an hour later I confirmed that the day of the 12th was NOT available to book. Went to modify the booking and managed to add on an extra day at the end while holding the original booking i.e. it kept the 12th and remainder of the booking rather than trying to do a full new booking, which wouldn't have worked as the 12th was gone. I then cancelled the booking to release the inventory.

All points were calculated correctly, and it looks like we should be able to add-on additional days within the same booking, without having to call member services.

Do you know if it held the new res while your points were released from the canceled old res? In other words was there a chance to end up with nothing in the switch?

Well my best guess or believe is that it held my current reservation and the one I tried to book. Once it had completed the old dates was released.

I am trying to reserve a room at my non-home resort starting on Jan 28. It tells me it is outside my booking window and I can't reserve it until June 28th???? UUUUMMMMMMM today is the 29th!!!!!!:badpc:

I got this same message when I tried to book an 8-day reservation at the 7-month window, although the message I got was saying I couldn't reserve it until August 15 and it was after 8 am on August 15. When I changed the reservation to 7 days, it went through fine.

It would be helpful if there was some additional information on the error message dialog box explaining why the reservation cannot be made. Maybe it could say: "Reservations can not extend more than 7 days past the date of the booking window listed above."

I modified two reservations on Monday and had no problems....though I have to admit, I was super nervous doing it :scared:.

IMO I don’t think we need to worry when using the modify option.

However in my end I still see one problem. When I try and modify a reservation the system shows my checkout day as available too. If I try and add that day to my reservation I get an error that the room is now gone and I have to update my search. Ofc it’s only the extra day which is gone not my entire reservation.

However in my end I still see one problem. When I try and modify a reservation the system shows my checkout day as available too. If I try and add that day to my reservation I get an error that the room is now gone and I have to update my search. Ofc it’s only the extra day which is gone not my entire reservation.

Not sure I understand exactly. Are you saying that you were unable to ADD a night to your reservation using the modify feature? In other words, is it only working to change your existing reservation to another booking resort or booking category?

I'm just wondering if the modify feature is going to support walking at 11 or 7 months. (I'm personally very OK if it doesn't, just want to know).

Not sure I understand exactly. Are you saying that you were unable to ADD a night to your reservation using the modify feature? In other words, is it only working to change your existing reservation to another booking resort or booking category?

I'm just wondering if the modify feature is going to support walking at 11 or 7 months. (I'm personally very OK if it doesn't, just want to know).

I have noticed the same thing. It’s a glitch. I have a thanksgiving week reservation at VGF where there is no current availability, but if I go in to modify it always shows availability for the night after the reservation. But whenever I try to add it, it says room no longer available. It’s not because the modify doesn’t work, it’s because the room was never available and only showing as a available through a glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter