looks like they have made some changes to the RAT and website

Not sure I understand exactly. Are you saying that you were unable to ADD a night to your reservation using the modify feature? In other words, is it only working to change your existing reservation to another booking resort or booking category?

I'm just wondering if the modify feature is going to support walking at 11 or 7 months. (I'm personally very OK if it doesn't, just want to know).

Sorry for not being clear.

Whenever I try (have only tried twice) to modify a reservation the system will show my current reservation in the RAT as available(which is should) but it also shows my checkout day as available even though it shouldn’t.

Example:

Checkin:12/1
Checkout: 12/5

On the RAT dec 5th is fully booked, but when I modify my reservation it appears available together with the rest of my reservation. If I try to add the 5th to my reservation so the new checkout day would be the 6th I get the error.

I have noticed the same thing. It’s a glitch. I have a thanksgiving week reservation at VGF where there is no current availability, but if I go in to modify it always shows availability for the night after the reservation. But whenever I try to add it, it says room no longer available. It’s not because the modify doesn’t work, it’s because the room was never available and only showing as a available through a glitch.

Agree the added availability when you modify is a glitch. Except for the added availability the function works fine.

Have anyone tried to modify a reservation which was made with transferred points? - I guess if possible at all you can’t use more points than the reservation all takes, but can you move the dates? If made within the 11month window can you move the reservation forward?

A couple of questions for those in the know- I’m still not clear on this:

1) Does the system now allow you to walk with no risk of losing your current dates booked? i.e. if you cancel the first day and add another on, it does it in one transaction and there’s no risk of losing the in between days?

2) Does it allow you to switch resorts at 7 months, again with no risk of losing both- the end of the 2 browser method?

Thanks

A couple of questions for those in the know- I’m still not clear on this:

1) Does the system now allow you to walk with no risk of losing your current dates booked? i.e. if you cancel the first day and add another on, it does it in one transaction and there’s no risk of losing the in between days?

2) Does it allow you to switch resorts at 7 months, again with no risk of losing both- the end of the 2 browser method?

Thanks

Not sure I would call it 'no risk' given we are talking about Disney IT here but I believe you can 'walk' online now as you have described above in your first question. I was able to effectively do this before DVC blocked access to the online modify function. I have not tried to modify anything online since the system has come back online but I have read in a few places that this is essentially how it now works. I have not tried to modify at 7 months, but again, from what I have read it seems like it should work the way you describe in your question 2.

I have no idea if there's any risk behind the scenes. Not sure anyone here would know.

But.

Does it allow you to switch resorts at 7 months, again with no risk of losing both- the end of the 2 browser method?

I just changed from a Bay Lake studio to a Boardwalk 1 bedroom over Princess weekend, which of course involved cancelling the BL and making those points available, using the remaining 2019 points I had, and borrowing from 2020, and it was SEAMLESS. Quick, easy, intuitive, brilliant.

No two browsers, I didn't have to do anything manually except for tell the system how many points to borrow (and since it was already telling me how many I needed this was not difficult)...just easy.

And then it ported that info *instantly* over to MDE.

I am VERY impressed. And I am NOT a fan of Disney IT, especially since I know a manager or two at their place in Seattle. (they avoid me b/c they know I do Disney) So for me to be impressed with their website functionality is IMO a big deal. :)

So when I book my 2019 December stay in Jan... it's most likely going to be beyond 7 days. Making changes online to add days, do I have to wait till the 11th month mark of day 8, day 9, etc. or at 11 month mark for day 8 can I add all the extra days then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter