Loop Earplugs: Reccomendations?

TikiWiki33

Earning My Ears
Hi all! My 13 year old was recently diagnosed with anxiety (she has ADHD too, if thats relevant). Long exposure to noisy environments seem to make her anxiety worse. In preparation for our WDW trip in Jan we've been looking at Loop earplugs. Anyone have any experience or reccomendations? My biggest concern is blocking enough noise, but without her feeling like she's cut off from interacting with the rest of the family.

Hi all! My 13 year old was recently diagnosed with anxiety (she has ADHD too, if thats relevant). Long exposure to noisy environments seem to make her anxiety worse. In preparation for our WDW trip in Jan we've been looking at Loop earplugs. Anyone have any experience or reccomendations? My biggest concern is blocking enough noise, but without her feeling like she's cut off from interacting with the rest of the family.
Hi, I used the Loop earplugs (I don't remember the name of the exact model I got, but it was the ones recommended for concerts/events) this summer when I went to see Taylor Swift on the Eras tour, and was really pleased with them -- I could hear the concert just fine, but it blocked out most of the extraneous/ambient noise. That said, they're the only type of earplugs I've used for anything other than the cheap foam kind for sleeping, so I have no idea how they compare to others on the market.

Hi, I used the Loop earplugs (I don't remember the name of the exact model I got, but it was the ones recommended for concerts/events) this summer when I went to see Taylor Swift on the Eras tour, and was really pleased with them -- I could hear the concert just fine, but it blocked out most of the extraneous/ambient noise. That said, they're the only type of earplugs I've used for anything other than the cheap foam kind for sleeping, so I have no idea how they compare to others on the market.
Musician’s earplugs should have worked much the same way.

I feel like the Loops brand is well marketed, but you are paying for that brand recognition.

If sensory issues extend to the way things “feel” then a good option can be going in to see an audiologist for a pair of custom fitted earplugs. They can use the appropriate material and literally form them to the ear such that they essentially feel like nothing at all.

I have been using Loop Experience for the past year, including in theme park queues. They’re great at blocking out noise, but letting me carry on a conversation with those next to me, which has been really helpful in university lectures. If occultation (hearing yourself speak) is a concern, the Loop Engage might be slightly better due to their redesign.

I highly recommend a carabiner or keychain to put the earplugs on, as the included carrying case breaks easily.

Definitely try them out in advanced. My ear canals are too small to use the Loop ear plugs. I have better luck with foam ones or some specially made ones I got an audiologist.

I use Loop Quiet and Loop Experience. I can still hear people talk with both but it is easier with Experience. They now have Loop Kids and you can get XS tips for very small canals. My 10 year old just got the Loop kids for her ADHD and GAD and loves them.

I've used High Fidelity and Loop, and honestly, High Fidelity is more comfortable out of the box. Loops were fine once I replaced the tips with memory foam tips.

I have Loop Quiet & Loop Experience, and I really can't tell much of a difference. I've thought about buying the extra inserts, but I haven't yet. They're good for blocking some noise while still letting me have a conversation with others, so for that reason, they're the ones I make sure to keep on me.

High Fidelity does a better job of blocking noise as a whole.

---------------
It doesn't sound like you'd want to go this route, but I also like the noise canceling feature on Samsung Ear Buds. (I have Ear Buds2). They're touch sensitive so I can turn noise canceling on and off as needed, plus I can have calming music/nature sounds playing super low if I can tolerate it at the moment. (Bonus points that the Ambient Noise setting masks tinnitus.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter