Lori Loughlin begins Prison sentence

I respectfully disagree. Allowing a rich person to pay fine and having a poor person serve prison time is unethical.

That is not what I said. I said this crime is not worth the taxpayer's money to put these people in jail. Hit them where it hurts, in their wallet and have that money do some good. Poor people are not going to commit this particular crime, obviously. 🙄

This article is over 20 years old, but I don't think it's all that different.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/CLUB-FED-Women-s-prison-in-Dublin-has-some-3003456.php
rawImage.jpg

Reminds me of my freshman dorm room, except we had to go down the hall to the bathroom, (where the stalls at least had doors, and the showers had flimsy curtains) They crammed us in like sardines, but we didn't know any better! :rotfl2:

I feel so much safer that a dangerous criminal like her and her husband are behind bars.... :)
Don't worry they are not displacing any harden criminals. They are already out on the streets. In WA State I've lost count how many times the voters have passed a 3-strikes law, yet there are felons out on the streets with way more then 3-strikes. Besides the public humiliation of her and her hubby doing time is worth the price.

Besides the public humiliation of her and her hubby doing time is worth the price.

Jailing her is a feel good move that does little to nothing to change the fact that the well off play by different rules than people with less resources. Changing the locks in the college side door will just result in the rich hiring a better locksmith next time. I would have preferred real change that at least makes some steps to level the playing field. I fear that if we continue to do nothing eventually the less well off will storm the Bastille..

@MillauFr the real losers in all of this are the middle class kids that don't get the State assistance and don't get in on these posh scholarships. The good thing in all of this is that Universities are more aware and they are going to scrutinize, they don't need or want another black eye over this type of issue.

Yes, TMZ also estimated that Lori Loughlin is set to be released from prison Dec 27. Since that falls on a weekend, (Sunday,) the federal prison system releases prisoners early, on a weekday, so, the Friday before. But, that is Christmas, a federal holiday. So they may release her on Christmas eve. 🎄

TMZ was joking that it's just like a Hallmark movie. :lmao: Or better yet, maybe they do a Christmas play in prison. Lori decides to stay to do it, because she realizes they've become her new family. :rotfl:
She was released today. If they were trying to shave off 3 days, it didn’t work.

https://apnews.com/article/lori-lou...a-california-1d407ae21ad95f4aa11fac04ea723ee9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!