Loss of husband.

I lost my husband suddenly last Friday. We had been married 15 years. I am 54yrs with no children. He has a daughter and 2 wonderful grandsons, 7 & 9. He was my Disney buddy. We love WDW and go 1-2 a year. My grandsons care nothing about Disney. I sit here alone and want to escape, but WDW has always been my stress relief. How can I go alone and without him. Anyone ever gone through similar situation? Non Disney people don't understand that love and that was what we shared so much in our lives.
I'm so sorry.

I am so sorry for your loss. I would go - he would want you to. You will feel like you are there with him...as you shared that love with him.

Take care..

I am so very sorry for your loss. I do not think that there is a play book for you, everyone is just so different. I lost my first husband when I was very young. My path after his passing was different thatn his family wodul have wished, but it was what was right for me and our family. You will find your way as well, and your own timeing will be personal. Please be kind to yourself, and do not expect more from yourself than you are up to.

I’m so terribly sorry. I do know grief, having recently lost a daughter, not a spouse. I do hope you can return and have new memories. Sending you love, as I know words are not enough.

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands passing. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you can find peace in knowing that though his physical being is no longer with you, his spirit and love will surround you forever. When you do find the strength to revisit Disney, he will be right by your side in the wind, in the sun, in your heart. Maybe you can find a way to honor him whenever you go. Maybe find one of his favorite shirts and have it crafted into a park bag, or something of the like. If you need someone to talk to, my ears are always open. You are not alone :hug:

So sorry for your loss.

Lost my hubby 8 years ago. About 3 months later my DD and I had a little get away to DL to just be away from everything! It was hard, happy and sad. We relived memories and made new ones. It gave us time to just sit and breathe. We rented a cabana at the pool one afternoon, which was nice.

We have continued to enjoy our trips to see the mouse and always include some quiet time to reflect on our happy memories with my DH.

Take it one day, moment at a time. There is no one way to grieve. Everyone finds what is best for them.

My step daughter just bought a new huge RV and she asked me to go with them to the keys in JULY. we are going to stay one night at FW. I'm a dvc member and it happens to be Moonlight magic at Epcot that night. I think I will take a boat to WL and have a drink at the water front bar. WL was his favorite place and then take the DGS's to Epcot. I know he would be upset if I gave up my love for Disney and maybe sometime soon I can handle a longer trip solo. Right now I can't imagine standing on Main Street watching fireworks without him.

First of all I’m sorry for your loss. A year ago I was in your same place. My husband went for a run and never came back. He had a massive heartattack. It was sudden and devastating. My life changed in an instant. We were married for 39 years. Our honeymoon was at Disney. It was our special place.
I can only say to just take one minute at a time. Sometimes that is all you can handle.
I do have children. One of the greatest gifts my husband gave me. I just went back to Disney this past February for the first time. We cried some but we also had some laughs too. It would have been what he would have wanted. He loved it there.
Take your time. You will know when the time is right for anything.
Thank you for your words of encouragement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!