Lost Dog

sippican

DIS Veteran
i’m surprised I have not seen any mention of the lost Jack Russell terrier. Apparently she got away from her owners at the Fort around Thanksgiving, but has been spotted a number of times. Anyone interested in the efforts to get her back to her owners can check out the Facebook page: Abby Jack Russell.

That is unfortunate to hear, hope someone is able to reunite them.

We saw and reported her a number of times during our trip. She tends to hang out mostly in the 16/17/18 and 1900 loops but I saw her one morning crossing the road into the 500 loop. She is partly blind and deaf and is very skittish. One man supposedly did catch her bit she gave him a rather aggressive bite and he lost his hold on her.
I have seen others attempt to lure her with food but all she did was run away

Oh no, this is so disturbing. Partially blind and deaf, how is she surviving. Our blind deaf Bichon recently passed. I hope people are leaving out food and water for her. I hope she's found!!

Oh no, this is so disturbing. Partially blind and deaf, how is she surviving. Our blind deaf Bichon recently passed. I hope people are leaving out food and water for her. I hope she's found!!
Don't be too upset During our stay I saw more than a few people leaving out food and water and several were leaving a small cardboard box with a blanket or towel in it in hopes of luring her in. The times I saw her she didn't look malnourished or dehydrated just scared, more so when people were chasing her to catch and bring her to safety

Don't be too upset During our stay I saw more than a few people leaving out food and water and several were leaving a small cardboard box with a blanket or towel in it in hopes of luring her in. The times I saw her she didn't look malnourished or dehydrated just scared, more so when people were chasing her to catch and bring her to safety

Those are just plain good people. Saying a little prayer for her and hoping that she is rescued.

Nothing posted on her FB page in like 7 years. So how could the owners not catch her if she is partially deaf and blind? My 12.5 year old cairn is as well and we could easily catch him. Strangers, maybe not as he would be skiddish and cranky too but why couldn't the owners catch her? And they left without getting her???

Last edited:
Nothing posted on her FB page in like 7 years. So how could the owners not catch her if she is partially deaf and blind. My 12.5 year old cairn is as well and we could easily catch him. Strangers, maybe not as he would be skiddish and cranky too but why couldn't the owners catch her? And they left without getting her???

Dogs that have "escaped" their owners revert to unusual self-preservation behaviors. They frequently will evade even familiar people and the longer they are separated, the more difficult it becomes to catch them.
The FB page is active, not sure where you were looking: https://www.facebook.com/groups/677095196025984/
My understanding is that the owners have returned to try to catch her. There are highly skilled dog recovery resources available, but reportedly Disney is resistent to allowing others on property,
I hope you will never find yourself in the position of loosing a beloved pet. I am thankful for the good people who are willing to lend a hand to Abby's return.

Nothing posted on her in like 7 years what? her FB page said a couple different people saw her just a couple days ago on the 2nd and all last week. Has she been missing for years? I thought she was missing since December? People have been spotting her all last week on her FB page. Glad to know people are leaving out food and shelter. Cute little dog.

I don't know. I went on my FB and put Abby Jack Russell into search bar and got a page (not a group) with some pics from like 7 years ago. My bad....didn't see the group one. I hope they catch her safely and am glad folks are looking. But folks need to keep their dogs on leash. Maybe she escaped somehow though. But we have a problem in my area with dogs off leash and same dogs always posted for as being lost on Nextdoor (actually most time it's folks posting they spotted loose dog running around...many times it's same handful of dogs that owners just let out without fence or leash). And they never have a collar on. And some end up hit by a car. Makes me sad.

Nothing posted on her FB page in like 7 years. So how could the owners not catch her if she is partially deaf and blind? My 12.5 year old cairn is as well and we could easily catch him. Strangers, maybe not as he would be skiddish and cranky too but why couldn't the owners catch her? And they left without getting her???

Perhaps they have jobs, and unfortunately many employers wouldn't be sympathetic to taking more time off because of a lost pet. Or other family responsibilities that necessitated their return home. Also, many people don't have the budget to stay at an RV park (let alone a $$$ one like the Fort) indefinitely.

I was thinking that perhaps they could set a 'live trap' for her, but on second thought the Good Lord only knows what might end up in there!

Good grief... poor owners. Poor dog.

Maybe mention of this should be added to the "Actual Dog-at-Disney Experiences" thread? :(

Someone just recently posted a photo of her on the FB page. She's black and white. I know that those types of dogs Jack Russells are tough little breed. But I don't think chasing her is helping the situation but I think the people mean well.

From having owned a Jack Russel I can say they can be quite the fighter if cornered. Watched mine attack a deer one time because it lunged at her.

I agree, if folks are chasing after her it's probably for the worse.

According to someone on the FB page who is there, she said that there are traps being set up for her and hoping people don't feed her so she goes into one of the traps. I was feeling so bad for her also being she is partly blind, our 16 yo blind deaf Bichon just passed recently :worried: but you have to admit this tough little Jack Russell is pretty impressive hehe. :dogdance: It is sad tho and praying they get her.

Some good news to report ABBY has recovered. About 20 min. ago Lucille read on FB that she was captured in a humane trap in the 1800 loop area that was baited with HDDR chicken and ribs. She is reported to be calm and cooperative. Over the weekend there was a report that at least one family member was at the Fort looking for her no idea if they are still there

I was so hoping for a happy ending for Abby's adventure. I hope she's reunited with her owners soon! I can't imagine losing a pet in another state, I'm sure they've been heartbroken and worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!