Lost Dog

Really believe it was due to people that pushed the issue at WDW and relentlessly worked to help her. I was following the FB page. Didn't seem like WDW was doing much at first if it weren't for the people that were really instrumental in working to help Abby and pushed WDW's hand to capture the dog. So happy to see her finally captured.

Really believe it was due to people that pushed the issue at WDW and relentlessly worked to help her. I was following the FB page. Didn't seem like WDW was doing much at first if it weren't for the people that were really instrumental in working to help Abby and pushed WDW's hand to capture the dog. So happy to see her finally captured.

I am sure the added attention Disney got from all the buzz here and on social media did help in getting the now successful efforts to recover her. I do need to say that during our stay 12/21 x 1/28 there were a number of times I saw Disney's Security, Rangers, and Animal Control respond to the 1800 loop responding to sightings of her. Based on conversations I had with some of the Rangers and other cast members there were CM's that were dedicating their down time to looking for her.

I'm so happy about Abby that I've actually got tears in my eyes!

Can you just imagine all the exotic smells she encountered when she was over being examined at the AK vet facility?

Lucille just told me that on FB it has been reported that Abby is officially on her way home. For now she is with Family that live closer to WDW and will in the coming weeks be picked up for the long ride home as her Family lives an extended distance away. From the pictures she showed me Abby looks non the worse for the wear and a lot cleaner than when I saw her running free.

Yeah they show her acozying up to her dog cousin laying on the sofa, and they said she is very cuddly. Hehe. Surprising bc people said she was very difficult when she was running loose. She is a tough little dog. :dog2::flower1:

Yeah they show her acozying up to her dog cousin laying on the sofa, and they said she is very cuddly. Hehe. Surprising bc people said she was very difficult when she was running loose. She is a tough little dog. :dog2::flower1:

Even the most docile, tame dogs take on "feral' behaviors quickly when they are on their own, especially in unfamiliar territory.. Very few runaways will approach strangers and allow themselves to be caught. Abby was probably in "self-preservation" mode and viewed any attewmpt to catch her as a threat. I'm so relieved that she is safe and returning home.

Even the most docile, tame dogs take on "feral' behaviors quickly when they are on their own, especially in unfamiliar territory.. Very few runaways will approach strangers and allow themselves to be caught. Abby was probably in "self-preservation" mode and viewed any attewmpt to catch her as a threat. I'm so relieved that she is safe and returning home.

Yes, I worried she might still be showing some skittish or trauma signs considering her age, she was partially blind, etc. These Jack Russells are impressive little tough dogs! It is so nice to see this happy ending and her looking so well. I wonder about lasting trauma with dogs bc I have a little Morkie at about 8 months old that was almost killed by another big dog, I literally had to airborne wing her straight up on her harness into the sky several feet into the air (screaming at the top of my lungs while doing this) bc an off leash dog within seconds was inches away right on her in full kill mode, it all happened so fast. I thought I broke her back. Luckily the owner got the other dog I wouldn't have been able to stop I literally whipped her up and then again out to the side as she came down as the dog went after her again. My dog had trauma from it though was physically ok and now 2 years later is still extremely skittish of other dogs, strangers, etc. Hoping she'll get out of it.

Last edited:
Yes, I worried she might still be showing some skittish or trauma signs considering her age, she was partially blind, etc. These Jack Russells are impressive little tough dogs! It is so nice to see this happy ending and her looking so well. I wonder about lasting trauma with dogs bc I have a little Morkie at about 8 months old that was almost killed by another big dog, I literally had to airborne wing her straight up on her harness into the sky several feet into the air (screaming at the top of my lungs while doing this) bc an off leash dog within seconds was inches away right on her in full kill mode, it all happened so fast. I thought I broke her back. Luckily the owner got the other dog I wouldn't have been able to stop I literally whipped her up and then again out to the side as she came down as the dog went after her again. My dog had trauma from it though was physically ok and now 2 years later is still extremely skittish of other dogs, strangers, etc. Hoping she'll get out of it.

I hear you!
My Havanese was picked up by the neck and severely shaken by a big dog over six years ago. He was traumatized to the point of needind vet care, but mot physically injured. The owener said her dog was just trying to play (utter stupidity). Unfortunately the incident left my guy with aggressive behaviors towards any large dog that comes and hovers over him. He loves small dogs and plays well with them.

I hear you!
My Havanese was picked up by the neck and severely shaken by a big dog over six years ago. He was traumatized to the point of needind vet care, but mot physically injured. The owener said her dog was just trying to play (utter stupidity). Unfortunately the incident left my guy with aggressive behaviors towards any large dog that comes and hovers over him. He loves small dogs and plays well with them.

So glad your dog ended up ok. The owner apologized over and over said dog never did that before, but then admitted she had killed some bunnies in the yard. Uggh. She did get along with our older Bichon but hates fears all other dogs now even small ones. Before that incident she loved everyone, would pull to meet people, and all dogs.

Update The Family has been formally Notified and Abby has undergone a complete physical by the vets in Animal Kingdom . Hopefully the reunion will take place soon

I just got caught up on all the Abby news, and this bit is totally awesome. lol So happy she was caught safe.

Abby must have spread the word, lol!
I just read of another runaway at The Fort - sounded like a terrier-type dog. I am not sure if its been caught.

When we were there in Nov/Dec a small dog was runnin all over loop 1300. Someone said his owner comes to the Fort all the time & lets him run the loop. My opinion not good. A lot of golf cart drivers go too fast in the loops.

Lucille just showed me a FB post from last night. Abby's family picked her up last night and she is on her way home with members of her family

We just got back from a lengthy stay in the 2100 loop and I have to say that the behavior of some of the pet owners was horrible.

In the past I had issues about how the CM's have handled situations, specifically the front desk sending a "ranger" to deal with issues. I vowed that if I had another issue I would contact the Sheriffs dept. I was starting on a walk one morning with our dog when one of the dogs across from us ran across the road into my site and growled and nipped at our dog (she was unharmed). I decided to call and ask for security to come and address the problem. They arrived within minutes along with a manager and after a lengthy conversation where we discussed my current and previous problems they dealt with the recalcitrant neighbor. In the end I witnessed several episodes of unrestrained dogs coming into the roadway as well as people leaving their dogs inside pop ups and hard side trailers for upwards of 12 hrs along with the accompanying endless barking. I dont blame the pets, the humans are the problem. Fortunately this time it was handled professionally. Had our dog been injured I would have bypassed Disney altogether and let the Deputies deal with it, my tolerance for this type of thing is gone.

In the past I had issues about how the CM's have handled situations, specifically the front desk sending a "ranger" to deal with issues. I vowed that if I had another issue I would contact the Sheriffs dept. I was starting on a walk one morning with our dog when one of the dogs across from us ran across the road into my site and growled and nipped at our dog (she was unharmed). I decided to call and ask for security to come and address the problem. They arrived within minutes along with a manager and after a lengthy conversation where we discussed my current and previous problems they dealt with the recalcitrant neighbor. In the end I witnessed several episodes of unrestrained dogs coming into the roadway as well as people leaving their dogs inside pop ups and hard side trailers for upwards of 12 hrs along with the accompanying endless barking. I dont blame the pets, the humans are the problem. Fortunately this time it was handled professionally. Had our dog been injured I would have bypassed Disney altogether and let the Deputies deal with it, my tolerance for this type of thing is gone.

Yes, do not tolerate it. Like I mentioned above I had a loose dog almost kill my little dog. Within seconds this dog was inches from her in full kill mode and I literally airborned her into the sky on her harness over my head. Had no other choice. Now she is nervous, skittish, barks growls at every dog and people, and that was opposite her behavior before. The owner apologized over and over, said typical she never did that before, yeah what good was that. Don't tolerate loose dogs.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!