Lots of reasons to not visit DW right now....

Good thread! We are diehard Disney fans! We had free dining for Sept. 2020 booked prior to Covid 19. We totally understood having to lose all our dining reservations and the free dining and had every intention of going even though I was dreading the mask in that heat/humidity. Then we needed to reschedule for a few weeks later but Disney wouldn't let us carry over the 30% off we got to make up for losing the free dining. Others were able to keep their 30% off when they rescheduled and then a week later Disney announced 30% off for certain states so that inconsistency just left us with a less than magical feeling. We still planned on a Disney trip in early 2021, but we took a beach vacation in Florida in October and we loved it. So that coupled with the increase in crowds, we have resigned ourselves to wait until things like fireworks, parades come back and more restaurants are opened back up. Just too expensive right now without getting all the experiences that we love!

Good thread! We are diehard Disney fans! We had free dining for Sept. 2020 booked prior to Covid 19. We totally understood having to lose all our dining reservations and the free dining and had every intention of going even though I was dreading the mask in that heat/humidity. Then we needed to reschedule for a few weeks later but Disney wouldn't let us carry over the 30% off we got to make up for losing the free dining. Others were able to keep their 30% off when they rescheduled and then a week later Disney announced 30% off for certain states so that inconsistency just left us with a less than magical feeling. We still planned on a Disney trip in early 2021, but we took a beach vacation in Florida in October and we loved it. So that coupled with the increase in crowds, we have resigned ourselves to wait until things like fireworks, parades come back and more restaurants are opened back up. Just too expensive right now without getting all the experiences that we love!

I agree, even if we felt safe to go to WDW, without club level, park hopping, longer operating hours, certain restaurants and lounges, it’s not appealing to us. Our strategy has evolved to booking FP late morning, eating breakfast in the villa or in club level when staying there. Not really interested in another strategy right now. I stead we are planning our 3rd beach house rental stay since July. We found a good area for both a pristine beach and good social distancing. Since we won’t be going to NYC until Broadway isn’t dark, the beach wins!

I'd jump at the chance to go right now. Unfortunately, COVID has financially pretty much ruined us. As restaurant owners. we just will not be able to recover. We were closed for 5 months and now that we are open, only doing about 50% of the sales we were previously. Those months of not having any money coming in and banks and utilities still wanted their money.... Having said that, thank you to all of you who make sure you give your business to local establishments when you can. We appreciate you.

I agree, even if we felt safe to go to WDW, without club level, park hopping, longer operating hours, certain restaurants and lounges, it’s not appealing to us. Our strategy has evolved to booking FP late morning, eating breakfast in the villa or in club level when staying there. Not really interested in another strategy right now. I stead we are planning our 3rd beach house rental stay since July. We found a good area for both a pristine beach and good social distancing. Since we won’t be going to NYC until Broadway isn’t dark, the beach wins!

I'll second (or third) this sentiment. We go to FL twice a year. But instead of our usual Fall trip to WDW/UO we headed out West to hike in CO. We enjoyed it very much and only had to wear masks in town and on the more crowded paths. And hiking is relatively free vs the $$$ for daily park passes. Until WDW (and the planet) is back to some normalcy we won't be back to Orlando. Less crowds for the true Disney die-hards!

I guess I'm one of those die-hards. Our July trip was moved to August and then cancelled due to the quarantine between FLA and CT. This December trip was reserved in January and unless something more drastic happens we are going. Disney seems to be doing a good job with masks and distancing and cleaning and capacity. The risk seems manageable.
Sure, there are lots of other less risky places to go but there is only one Disney World (in the US) and while it won't be the same as last year, it will still be magical!

I'd jump at the chance to go right now. Unfortunately, COVID has financially pretty much ruined us. As restaurant owners. we just will not be able to recover. We were closed for 5 months and now that we are open, only doing about 50% of the sales we were previously. Those months of not having any money coming in and banks and utilities still wanted their money.... Having said that, thank you to all of you who make sure you give your business to local establishments when you can. We appreciate you.
I am so very very sorry you are dealing with that. We have tried hard to support our local restaurants as soon as the governor let them open for curbside, but I know that is a hard shift to make. We have a lot that didn't make it, and I hope you all manage to stay open and start to see some profit coming in.

Same thing happened to us. Free dining, early September. We rescheduled to January and prices were higher and we lost free dining. No 30% discount.

I do feel like we are losing a lot but it is a vacation. COVID has changed all our plans. I am excited so that is one thing!

Same thing happened to us. Free dining, early September. We rescheduled to January and prices were higher and we lost free dining. No 30% discount.

I do feel like we are losing a lot but it is a vacation. COVID has changed all our plans. I am excited so that is one thing!

I suspect that there will be a January discount.

We had our Disneyland trip canceled again and again since it still hasn’t been allowed to reopen... I was getting so miserable sitting here watching the CA governors weekly updates hoping for some news and finally couldn’t take it anymore... so WDW here we come!

I’m just so grateful that it’s open and we can go that I don’t even care about the negatives. I’ve adjusted my expectations and we’re going to prioritize WDW specific things DL doesn’t have.

Correct! omg i forgot about all of my free dining and discounts that i lost so you're correct in responding between the difference for sure that's a huge one!

Another difference I guess between the months , as you asked that specifically, is you are armed with more information as each month passes regarding science, covid, parks information, state of maryland information. So we become more knowledgeable and more powerful in our decision making with each month passing. We evolve with the times.

I Just cancelled my rescheduled trip yesterday. I also put away my WDW countdown board, it was very depressing. I refuse to go back until SOME kind of incentive comes along. And who knows if any will for years. I had the free dining for Sept and it made for a hell of a deal in the end. Then had to take the 30% and rescheduled for Dec. Now I just gave up... there is no way I am going to pay 1,000+ more to go back now. And who knows when things might be somewhat back to full magic levels.

Just saw they had a discount for January. Hopefully, you could get a discounted price for your rescheduled trip.

Disney seems to be doing a good job with masks and distancing and cleaning and capacity. The risk seems manageable.
This is what we decided in July. And it was a great trip. We are going back over Thanksgiving.

So if you're comparing op your two trips and money is one of them, I got a March discount yesterday. I spent three hrs. on hold but i got it so to compare from september cancellation I did get a nice discount again.

Just saw they had a discount for January. Hopefully, you could get a discounted price for your rescheduled trip.

thank you! Because of your post I went in to change from pop to Caribbean for just a little more.

not sure where to post this on another forum maybe but i received an email from disney with a discount code for 35% off thru May. I rebooked from aug/sept. two trips to March and May (thinking one maybe will stick?!), I applied the march discount everyone received and the next day got an email for the may trip i have planned. I'm thinking it was because my aug and sept. ones i had cancelled and had that free dining?

we had free dining with our september trip and when we cancelled, the free dining discount with away with it. We rebooked for January paying a little more and we don't have free dining. Like you, I just recently got the 35% which lessens the sting quite a bit.

To be honest, we are doing less TS this time around just because we don't have free dining plan. Instead of 6, we are cutting in half to 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter