Love action remakes

I never quite saw the appeal for the original animated version, but from what I've observed, the film seems to have its own kind of "cult following" (if you will), and might end up doing quite well with today's audiences, who knows? I think there are a lot of things they could do with it.

I think Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain (source material for Disney's Black Cauldron) need to be made in live action versions faithful to the books. I was excited for Disney's film before it came out, but was really not happy with the result. (Primarily because Fflewddur is a huge fictional crush of mine and they got him all wrong.)

Well, good news for you, they are making it!

From Wikipedia:
"On March 17, 2016, Variety confirmed that Walt Disney Pictures had re-acquired the film rights to The Chronicles of Prydain, with the intention to adapt the book series into an epic motion picture series, more attuned to Lloyd Alexander's high fantasy world. The project is currently in early development at the Walt Disney Studios with no director, producer, or screenwriter attached yet."

I can't wait for more details about it!

Some of the live-action remakes may be warranted but I think it's getting a little ridiculous. I'd rather seen original works over these. However, I admit I loved The Jungle Book but thought Beauty and the Beast was only marginal. There just HAS to be more originality out there. I wonder how Uncle Walt would feel about it all? I can't imagine he'd be too pleased. But that, of course, is my opinion. He was all about originality and innovation, not rehashing the old.

Some of the live-action remakes may be warranted but I think it's getting a little ridiculous. I'd rather seen original works over these. However, I admit I loved The Jungle Book but thought Beauty and the Beast was only marginal. There just HAS to be more originality out there. I wonder how Uncle Walt would feel about it all? I can't imagine he'd be too pleased. But that, of course, is my opinion. He was all about originality and innovation, not rehashing the old.
My thoughts on this issue is sustainability. The animated Jungle Book is now 51 years old, and people are still reaching for the DVD. Will anyone still be clamoring to watch this film in even ten years? While initially financially lucrative, I don't believe they will have the staying power to KEEP making money decades from now.

My thoughts on this issue is sustainability. The animated Jungle Book is now 51 years old, and people are still reaching for the DVD. Will anyone still be clamoring to watch this film in even ten years? While initially financially lucrative, I don't believe they will have the staying power to KEEP making money decades from now.

Oh, I agree. I mean, in the case of Black Cauldron you have a marginal and obscure title that was financially unsuccessful and deviated from the source material. The idea of making a new set of films based on that material is something I can get behind. On the other hand, when you have a genuine top-tier classic film, it needs nothing further to cement it's legacy. The live-action Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast were both just fine, but they do not give us anything more than the original's did. At least Maleficent changed things up a lot, and I prefer that approach. Do something new with the idea, not just a straight remake with the same characters, scenes, and songs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter