Love our deck gazebo!

Kahana-ri

DIS Veteran Needs to learn how to ride a lawnmower
We just bought a gazebo to put on the deck from where else, but Target. It was so awesome last night to sit outside in the yard. The BEST feature is the mosquito screen. Its nice during the day to keep the heat off, :sunny: the privacy panels work great with the neighbors and its a perfect way to spend the evening outside. The bugs tried desperately to get in, but we just sat and enjoy the warm summer night. :goodvibes

That sounds really nice.

I hate mosquitos so much.

When we first moved out here to the plowed cotton field 20 years ago, we had some mosquitos sure.
I planted trees like mad so that we could have some shade.
I even planted some for a hammock.

Now I have the hammock, but I also have too many mosquitos.
I think it is several houses across the street that have ponds, but no shade.
My theory is that the mosquitos hatch out, don't like the hot sun over there, and come across the road to my lovely shade.

Can I be really nosey and ask how much you paid for this gazebo? TIA!

It was $279, on sale at Target. It was originally $399 on-line, $299 in the store and then went on sale.
This was after I went to Lowes, Namco, Christmas Tree Shop, Walmart & K-mart. I looked at them all! I even bought one from Namco, but it was very cheaply made and I returned it. Here is the description of the one I bought. I love it and it seems to be very sturdy and well made so far.
:sunny:

Smith & Hawken Wood Gazebo
• 10’ square eucalyptus gazebo
• Side curtains provide privacy
• Mosquito netting keeps out unwanted bugs
• Forest Stewardship Certified
• 120Hx120Wx120L

sunjoy-mendoza-big.jpg

Something like this? not sure though.. or maybe much better than this.

Yes.. That's sounds really good. Much better if you also share some photos here so we can have a clear visual image of it. As we all know, there are about 150 species of mosquitoes. Both male and female mosquitoes feed primarily on plant pollens and juices. Mosquitoes transmit diseases like West Nile and Malaria, and are most active at temperatures above 80o F. If your gazebo is a standard 10’ x 10’, then you may want to consider purchasing a ready made net that fits over the gazebo roof and features a zippered entrance. Depending on the style of your gazebo, you may want the romantic look of yards of white netting. This is most easily achieved by using curtain rods and hooks. Be sure to mount your rods high enough inside the gazebo so that there are no large gaps. I can't help not to get envy at you because it is actually one of my dreams. A few hours spent on mosquito-proofing your gazebo, will give you many hours of pest free relaxation just like what you are enjoying now.. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!