Loved DCA!

cleophus12

DIS Veteran
We are WDW veterans and have been to DL twice before but have never been to California Adventure. So when DD and I decided to run the Tinkerbell 10K in May, we thought we would purchase our one day ticket for DCA. I did all my homework (which was totally necessary because DCA is very different from any of the WDW parks), and we had a fabulous day. My initial reaction to DCA was that it seem to be a rather schizophrenic park with lands devoted to Hollywood, CarsLand, Amusement parks, and other things. Then it occurred to me that those are actually representative of California--hence, California Adventure! I'm a little slow. We entered the park shortly after opening and I got in the lonnnnng line for FPs for RSR while the family went on to Toy Story. After I got the FPs I walked over to wait on them to finish TSMM, and just as I got there, they were getting into their ride vehicle. I waved at the three of them and the CM invited me to come get in the vehicle with DH because otherwise he would have been riding alone. I felt really bad breaking line and said, "absolutely not", but the CM insisted it was ok, and I did. After that we went to Tower of Terror and then back to the Carousel while we waited on California Screamin to open. Everything timed out just perfectly and we had an amazing day. It really made me miss the old fashioned FP at WDW. I had made an ADR at the Wine Trattoria and we enjoyed it very much. Sitting on the terrace while we waited on our table was very pleasant and the afternoon parade (I can't remember the name) came by while we waited. That was a bonus. Food was very good, and after dinner we wandered around some more before finding a spot for World of Color. We got some spots outside Ariel's grotto (is that right?) and waited on the show. World of Color was amazing. We have seen Fantasmic at WDW many times and it has never been one of my favorite shows. This, however, was super. I particularly loved the storyline as it relates to the Diamond Anniversary. And since we've been home, I've described the show to people several times but I cry when I describe the end every time. Loved it. Don't know when I'll make it back, but it was a great day. And the race was amazing too BTW.

I have to say that i enjoyed it more then i thought i would...we were there in february, and only went because we had a pass and a free day....I really enjoyed myself, and loved the nighttime show as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter