Lovely Weather We're Having Here

Turn the Page

DIS Veteran
So who managed to get herself stuck in her own driveway? This girl!!!!

I think we got about a foot of snow overnight to add to the 3 or so we already had.

How much snow does everyone else have?

It's warm here, well, warm for us. 25 degrees but it is still coming down. So I tried to go out to run errands. Got the car stuck in the driveway, broke out the snowblower and blew out most of the driveway and I'm still stuck. That takes talent.

It has been storming and hailing the past few days. Snow is expected, but not sure how much we are going to get. Normally it is only a few inches.

3 inches almost melted. Snow and ice Tuesday. 61F right now.

More snow on Sunday and again on Wednesday. :crazy:

we have 5x our normal february snowfall so far. the bulk has all fallen in the last week-i've got a couple of feet but the drifts are probably 3'.

local weather reports say we 'might' get light snow later today...............it's been coming down heavy at my house since early this morning.

No snow, but lots of rain over the last 2-3 weeks. Thankfully, there have been only minor/nuisance flooding issues in my area this time, not as bad as we had last year.

I think we reached 50 degrees for a high today. Very weird for Pennsylvania in February but I'll take it!

51638128_1962393533877544_5438448960706445312_n.jpg

I'd mention our Arizona weather but that would be rubbing it in.

About 3 feet? Check out the snowbank across the street..that’s low for this time of year. I’ll have snow in my yard well into March and April.

View attachment 382605
That could be Victoria right now. We got the largest snowfall in Canada this February! We aren't used to it. and I was the wet heavy slushy stuff too. My company's owner actually closed the office for 2 days to keep people off the roads and safe at home. Victoria doesn't have much snow removal equipment as it normally snows just a light dusting, and usually melts away in a day. we got over 60cm in 2 days.

That could be Victoria right now. We got the largest snowfall in Canada this February! We aren't used to it. and I was the wet heavy slushy stuff too. My company's owner actually closed the office for 2 days to keep people off the roads and safe at home. Victoria doesn't have much snow removal equipment as it normally snows just a light dusting, and usually melts away in a day. we got over 60cm in 2 days.

As you know, my daughter lives there now and she is mad lol
She came home to visit when we were in a deep freeze and went home just in time for all the snow. She went to work the next day only to find out the store was closed. She’s the only one who attempted to leave in the weather..she was used to it.

Wet, heavy snow is the worst. It’s so hard to walk in and almost impossible to shovel.

No snow here and I am so sad about it! So jealous of you all that have gotten a good snow. It keeps missing us. :(

About 3 feet? Check out the snowbank across the street..that’s low for this time of year. I’ll have snow in my yard well into March and April.

View attachment 382605

Yes, we have quite a bit this year. We are probably going to have snow in our yard until close to May.

We live in an interesting little mini snow belt. We live high up on a bluff in the middle of the woods. My parents live directly across a small inland lake from us, maybe 5 miles away as the crow flies (the lake isn't 5 miles wide, we live a couple of miles off the lake) and we always get about 3 times as much snow as they get.

We've not gotten much snow this winter, which is actually a bad thing because the lack of moisture and ground insulation desiccates plants and trees in our climate where we get a high number of freeze/thaw cycles over the season. Not that "thaw" is really a thing right now; we've in a brutal cold snap that just won't end. It's apparently the longest stretch in 21 years that we've stayed below freezing. And actually, it's been way, way below. The average daytime temp since January 20 has been -23C which is about 10 below F. At night and with a wind, it can be almost double that. :cold:

no snow here, that's one reason we moved here
Us too...from MD to NC almost 2 years ago. However, we had 1 snow last winter and 1 this winter that we had to shovel. But I'll take 1 snow of about 10 inches per winter over what we dealt with in MD. And I think those 2 snows were atypical for here too. DDs are in college up near Scranton PA and was getting texts yesterday about how freezing cold they are. Poor things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter