Loving the Journey - Feb 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the February 2020 "We're Inspired to Stay Healthy" challenge!!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and greeting newcomers! We have weekly volunteer hosts, and typically follow this format:

Motivation Monday,
Topic Tuesday,
WOOHOO Wednesday,
Thankful Thursday, and

Free For All Friday.

This Month's Hosts
Week 1: PollyannaMom
Week 2: Flossbolna
Week 3: HappyGrape
Week 4: MickeyMom76

So pull up a keyboard, introduce yourself, and tell us about your goals for the month. (And if you don't find us until later in the month, join in anyway!)

❤ And we're now all set for hosts - thanks, everyone!!

Last edited:
Hi! - I'm Nicole, in Massachusetts. I'm 49, mom to one DS off at college, and live with my DH and two extremely smart cats. Some days I'm a substitute teacher, and some days I look after my "niece" and "nephew" (twin 4-year-olds excited for their very first Disney trip later this year!)

For February, I'll be trying to meet a 500 minute goal in the exercise thread, making sure I get out in the sunshine (even when it's cold) and slooooowly decluttering my house.

I'm Cristin, a kindergarten teacher in Pennsylvania. I'm 43 and live with my DH, DS & DD (twins), and dog.

I’m going to continue myphysical health goal from January to lose 10 pounds. I’m down about 4 pounds so far. So 6 more pounds to go.

My plan to help achieve this goal:
-exercise daily using Beachbody OnDemand
-log food using MyFitnessPal
-8 hours of sleep nightly using SleepWatch

Im also going to repeat my January mental health goal to read 2 books this month.

My plan to help achieve this goal:
-read for at least 20 minutes each week night before turning on the TV.
-carry my kindle in my purse to read while waiting (at appointments, picking up kids, etc)

Hi I'm Tammy and I tend to pop in from time to time as my schedule allows. OK OK I mean to post more regularly but life gets ahead of me and things fall by the wayside.
A little about me I am married in my mid 40s and my DH and I have 2 girls ages 15 and 12. Our 12 year old is non verbal with so far diagnosed global apraxia with the various areas ranging from mild to profound, she also has hypotonia, and suspected of several other disorders. We are in the middle of the start of genetic testing to get more information. Right now the genetic counselor we saw the end of January should be finishing up the report which will be submitted to our insurance along with years of her medical records so a decision can be made as to if the testing will be covered or not.
We live in MT where it is unseanonably warm though we are supposed to be getting a storm in over Saturday afternoon 1st to Monday evening 3rd. As of my opening the door less than 10 minutes ago the temp still hasn't drop and it's actually warmer than it was at 3/4 PM when we got home from a 4-H activity that 12 year old participated in because not having high winds makes a big difference in how cold it is or at least that it feels.
12 year old participated in an event called Make It and Take It where the kids sign up for 2 different stations listing thier top 3 choices and they get to make something for that station and take it home. They also get hand outs on how to do just about all the stations not just the ones they got into. Sign ups are on a first come first given their spots basis. 12 year old did one on rock painting where they made some cute things including a flower on a board that was wood burned using a twig and some rocks. The other one she did was on leather craft. The general idea was to do a piece for holding small cords but there was the option of doing bracelets that had snaps on the end, or book marks as well. 12 year old made a bracelet with her name on it. There were only 2 in her group and she made it clear she did not like the sound of the mallet hammering the stencials into the leather. We did get some tips to make it easier and muffle the sound for her that we are going to use when we go over to DH's parents house to work on some of her projects for fair in the near future. She is taking leathercraft as one of her projects this year and did get a mallet and some leather bracelets for Christmas but no stamps so for now we are going to use the ones Papa has and wait to invest the money in some until we know if this is something she is going to like and be able to do.
While DH, 12 year old and and myself were at Make it and Take it 15 year old walked a few blocks to the Y and at least went swimming and then later walked over to the library to do some stuff in the teen tech lab. She was not happy that she had to wait for the lab to open up because she walked to the library 12 minutes faster than google maps said it should take.
My goals for the month of February are to obviously loose some weight though right now I am working on loosing the over 5 pounds I gained between January 30 and February 1 which when I gain that much and my legs are hurting to the point I can barely walk I know that it is fluid retention and that I need to push the water a bit more. Then it becomes a balance of pushing enough water to get the retention down but not so much that I am up every 45-90 minutes all night long to go to the bathroom and don't get any sleep. I am setting a goal to get to the Y and work out in the pool either by taking a water aroebics class or just working out during open swim time at least 6 times during the month of February.
We just got memberships a week ago and I have been 3 times so far but with my having fibromyellga and chronic fatigue I don't need to be pushing it and trying to do too much which can result in my being out of comission.

I’m Sandy, retired librarian from south central PA. My husband and and I are in the process of downsizing out of our house and living most of the year at our place on Ocean City, Md. Our daughter, son in law and 9 year old grandson live an hour away-we’re going to Disney together in August, so looking forward to our trip.

I would like to lose 5lbs this month.
I’m at the top end of what is considered a healthy weight for me-as I get older I think it would be better for my health to be a little below what I weigh now. My long term goal is 10lbs by August. I want to continue to get out to walk 5x a week. Sweetpeamama, I think I will check out the water aerobics class at our local YMCA this week.

And here’s some good news from our Pennsylvania groundhog, Puxatawney Phil-

87C1F285-B032-4D20-A5BE-4F9433D5B7A6.jpeg

I need to go back to the doctor today, still not feeling well. I was really hoping today is the day I will wake up feeling myself again

On the plus side I managed to cook few meals yesterday and we have plenty of good food to help me get better

I need to go back to the doctor today, still not feeling well. I was really hoping today is the day I will wake up feeling myself again

On the plus side I managed to cook few meals yesterday and we have plenty of good food to help me get better

I know you're a few hours ahead of me, so you've probably already gone in. I hope it helped, and you're feeling better soon!

Plan is in action. Workout complete for today (even though it was hard to get out of bed). Lunch packed for today and prepped for the rest of the week. Dinners planned and on fridge. Food shopping is done. Got 7 1/2 hours of sleep last night. And even read a little before bed (I stopped watching the game after halftime in hopes of going to sleep....but then I kept checking the score on my phone in between chapters). While I splurged a little on food for the super bowl, I didn’t overboard.

I am in for another month. My goal is to lose 4 pounds. This morning is not going to help me in my plans. I didn't sleep much last night. Stayed up late watching the Superbowl and started watching the masked singer after. Once we went to bed DH was snoring so i slept on the couch. Hope Floats was on so I figured I would watch that as i went to sleep. Nope stayed up for all of it. it was about 1 before I feel asleep but I kept waking up all night. I woke up with my back hurting and very crabby. I do plan on working out though. It just may not be a great one.

I am in for another month. My goal is to lose 4 pounds. This morning is not going to help me in my plans. I didn't sleep much last night. Stayed up late watching the Superbowl and started watching the masked singer after. Once we went to bed DH was snoring so i slept on the couch. Hope Floats was on so I figured I would watch that as i went to sleep. Nope stayed up for all of it. it was about 1 before I feel asleep but I kept waking up all night. I woke up with my back hurting and very crabby. I do plan on working out though. It just may not be a great one.
One of my favorite movies!

I have several days meals in the fridge/freezer and will get out for my walk this afternoon when it’s a little warmer.
Stayed up too late last night as well-enjoyed the game and the WW Turkey Queso dip was a big hit. Will probably have some for lunch. I also have some leftover carrots and celery which will come in handy when I need a snack.

Hi I'm Lizanne... in for another month.

This month my goals for physical health will be to lose 5 pounds and to walk 100 miles. My mental health goals for the month are going to be to continue with the counseling sessions and yoga and to make progress on the 'getting rid of stuff' goal I set out for myself this year by taking at least six bags/boxes of stuff to Goodwill.

I am smiling this morning because we had sunshine yesterday! For most of the day! It was glorious and so badly needed. Particularly after the wicked windy and wet storm we had Friday/Saturday.

My plan for this week is to make my own salad dressing and bring a home made salad to work at least two days. I got another cook book that is all about avocados, and it has a good salad dressing recipe in it... I'll mix it up tonight. Last week I got a couple work things done that have been hanging out there for a while and the plan for this week is to continue on that trajectory.

And now it is just 50 days 'till WDW!

Last edited:
I am smiling this morning because we had sunshine yesterday! For most of the day! It was glorious and so badly needed. Particularly after the wicked windy and wet storm we had Friday/Saturday.

We had sun for the first time in a long time yesterday. It was so nice. it was also 52 has a high. it was nice to open windows for a bit and get outside. We will have much the same today before we plummet back to the low 30's upper 20's and have rain/snow mix for the next 3 days. I will take this nice weather while I can.

I lost track of this group in January, so I’m back for February.

I’m using NOOM, and overall I like it. The logging is similar to MyFitnessPal, but the best part is the psychological aspect of the program. I’m not nuts about the support group they put me in. I’m unable to do a lot of exercise due to injuries. I have people in my group hiking 6 miles up an icy mountain; running marathons, etc. I’m excited if I can beat my step goal of 3,000 a day.

Anyway, I am happy to be here.

I lost track of this group in January, so I’m back for February.

I’m using NOOM, and overall I like it. The logging is similar to MyFitnessPal, but the best part is the psychological aspect of the program. I’m not nuts about the support group they put me in. I’m unable to do a lot of exercise due to injuries. I have people in my group hiking 6 miles up an icy mountain; running marathons, etc. I’m excited if I can beat my step goal of 3,000 a day.

Anyway, I am happy to be here.
Welcome back!
Don’t stress about your exercise compared to the rest of the group-with your injuries everything you do is progress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter