Low Capacity = Upgraded room?

omniscientmommy

DIS Veteran
Do you think with the resorts keeping the capacity low that the probability of getting an upgraded room increase?? Just wondering.

No. We are staying at POP August 18th. POP opens July 10th. The All Star Resorts are not opening (soon) and Disney is moving those reservations to POP. We are staying atPOP. Resorts that are closed are moved in same category. Value to open value. Moderate to comparable moderate.

Before parks were opened (July 10), they offered free upgrades. We asked about us, and some POP is open. We will stay put.

Do you think with the resorts keeping the capacity low that the probability of getting an upgraded room increase?? Just wondering.

Are resorts keeping capacities low?

I feel as though, with so many resorts closed, families will be stuffed into the open resorts. I wonder how crowded Pop will be since AofA and the AllStars aren’t opening right away.

Are resorts keeping capacities low?

I feel as though, with so many resorts closed, families will be stuffed into the open resorts. I wonder how crowded Pop will be since AofA and the AllStars aren’t opening right away.
Pete put out a video showing the Contemporary as being very empty. Another blogger I watch was over at SSR and he said that from a staff member that the resorts are keeping capacity at like 20%. I think that Disney is hoping most people cancel or reschedule their trips if they don't have park tickets. I know some people booked resorts and didn't buy tickets so they can't make park reservations and they can't currently buy 2020 tickets. I would assume a good amount of people are moving their reservation to 2021 if they want tickets.

Pete put out a video showing the Contemporary as being very empty. Another blogger I watch was over at SSR and he said that from a staff member that the resorts are keeping capacity at like 20%. I think that Disney is hoping most people cancel or reschedule their trips if they don't have park tickets. I know some people booked resorts and didn't buy tickets so they can't make park reservations and they can't currently buy 2020 tickets. I would assume a good amount of people are moving their reservation to 2021 if they want tickets.

Disney could have canceled all those reservation that were upgraded. I don't see why they didn't. If the resort that was reserved was going to be closed then why not just cancel the reservation instead of upgrading some people to Deluxe resorts? at least the first several weeks.

i don't know why I quoted you :)

....I'm thinking "no"; my DS just checked into the Riviera yesterday and he has a view of the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!