Low/Cheap Season?

j-shraps

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

First time poster!

Want to take myself, wife and 2 kids to Disneyland in 2018.

When is it the time in 2018 when airfares from Sydney to LA are at their cheapest, and would this also coincide with the quieter crowds?

Here's a new member welcome for you. :welcome:

You might want to review this information. It's a special thread for Aussie Planning.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/aussie-planning-links.2171941/

I have no idea on airfare for you.

As far as "quieter crowds". This is a hard one.
As you read through info for Disneyland Parks, you'll hear many say slow times are not really predictable these days.

Good luck making your plans, 2018 will be here before you know it!!

Geemo

Have a look on skyscanner for cheapest month to fly. I have been to DL at many different times and there really is no quiet times just tims when it is not so packed. When looking at dates avoid if possible all US school holidays, all public holidays like, thanksgiving, Christmas, 4th of July etc. Also if you can do it avoid Australian school holidays because the airfares are much more expensive. Good luck.

there is an aussie planing link above your thread you posted.

what exactly does quiet mean for you?
We use to go in January and February to have lower volumes of people in the parks.
But for the last several years, even those months are busier.

Now we just pick a time that is good for my grandkids and go.

Quiet in the parks to me would be 30 minute lines for major rides. Along with space as you walk around Tomorrowland. Not the one-way paths the CM's put in place when it gets busy.

This thread will give you an idea of events in the parks and US holidays. While this one is for 2017, I'm sure figment_jii will be managing one for 2018. At least I hope there's one for 2018. https://www.disboards.com/threads/2017-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3528760/

Geemo

Also watch out for ride refurbishments which are more prevalent during "slow" times (like mid Jan-feb)

Hey thanks for replies!
Quieter was the wrong term, I more so mean the cheap season airfares, with queues I know about fastpass so all good!

Avoid U.S. holidays. Try to go during weekdays.

I think looking at the AP blockout calendar can help. On our recent visit, the days where APs were blocked out seemed a bit less crowded to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter