Luau recommendations?

theseacallsme

Mouseketeer
I'm looking to do a luau either at Oahu or Kauai. Has anyone really enjoyed a particular one?
I may try the one at Aulani, but I wanted to price out other recommendations first!

(also, do they ever have vegetarian options at luaus? My husband would be thrilled with the roast pig, but I don't eat meat!)

We did the one at Aulani and personally loved it and loved the convenience of it being there since it ends pretty late at night. We are going back in feb or march and planning on doing it again.

I heard Chief's luau is pretty good, and only a 7 minute drive from Aulani. I haven't been myself, but plan on going when we visit later this summer.

We just returned from Aulani and did their luau. We loved it. We had VIP and felt it was well worth it. We were right up front. Drinks and food were great. Show was very enjoyable.

We did the Chief's luau and it was amazing, great views, good food, and great entertainment.

We did the Chief's luau and it was amazing, great views, good food, and great entertainment.

Awesome to hear! We go to Aulani end of August and booked Chief's luau. We heard reviews it had great atmosphere, and distance was close to Aulani. We picked the middle package offered. Do you have any tips on the luau?

We actually did two luaus while we were there - the Aulani one and the one at the Polynesian Cultural Center. They were both great and very different - I am really glad we did them both. The Polynesian Cultural Center is amazing and I thought the luau there was more authentic. We also did the fire show after the Luau, which I thought was even better. The Aulani luau was more polished and I think better for kids (we had a 2 and 4 year old with us). It also had better food. If I were to go back on a second trip I'd do the Aulani Luau again, but I would definitely go back to the Polynesian Cultural Center again (there is SO much to do there).

We actually did two luaus while we were there - the Aulani one and the one at the Polynesian Cultural Center. They were both great and very different - I am really glad we did them both. The Polynesian Cultural Center is amazing and I thought the luau there was more authentic. We also did the fire show after the Luau, which I thought was even better. The Aulani luau was more polished and I think better for kids (we had a 2 and 4 year old with us). It also had better food. If I were to go back on a second trip I'd do the Aulani Luau again, but I would definitely go back to the Polynesian Cultural Center again (there is SO much to do there).
Wow. These are the two luaus we are booked for in September! Glad to read this post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter