luggage and check in at Orlando airport Hyatt

PrincessArlena'sDad

DIS Veteran
We're staying at the Hyatt in MCO for a night prior to our cruise (taking DCL shuttle, and the luggage service is set up).

We arrive around 5:30. I was wondering if it would be easier/more convenient to check in at the Hyatt before going to baggage claim to get our luggage? Or, would checking in take too long, resulting in our bags sitting unclaimed?

Also, can we use the airport's smartcart to take our bags all the way to our room? (and return them to the airport afterwards).

Thanks!

We got our luggage before heading up to the Hyatt. It was after 10pm, but even then, it wasn't busy at baggage claim and our bags came out quickly (considerably faster than our "home" airport, Philadelphia). Check in was quick too, although, again, it was late.

Or, would checking in take too long, resulting in our bags sitting unclaimed?

This is one of those "it depends on the day" type things. If no one else is checking in, accomplishing that task would be quick. If there's a line, you could end up waiting a long time. There's no way to know ahead of time.

Also, can we use the airport's smartcart to take our bags all the way to our room? (and return them to the airport afterwards).

While I don't know for certain, I would bet tons of money that the answer to this question is a firm no. You probably can take the cart into the hotel lobby, simply because there's no one to stop you from taking it on the elevator. But, from that point to your room, they will require a hotel bell person to take the bags.

Thanks all. Kids will be excited and bouncy so I I'm trying to plan ahead as much as possible.

Who am I kidding. DW and I will be just as excited and bouncy.

For a fee (amount unknown; plus, naturally, a tip) Hyatt Bell Services will claim your luggage for you.

The luggage retrieval fee is $10, plus a tip, which is quite reasonable in my opinion.

We arrive at 11:30pm for our trip in October. I wasn't planning on packing any checked bags because I did not want to go and wait baggage claim and our "checked" bags are actually 21" spinners (carry-on size) anyways. When I asked about the luggage retrieval and delivery service that the Hyatt offers, it changed my mind. They said they will not only retrieve our bags, they will hold them for us until the morning when we check out so that we can just go straight to bed without being disturbed. When we checkout in the morning, we can grab our bags and head down to Magical Express. So now, we can just bring our backpacks on the plane with us (which will have at least 2-3 days worth of clothes in them) and not worry about dragging our spinners through the airport(s) during our travels and we can get right to sleep as soon as we arrive in Orlando.

The luggage retrieval fee is $10, plus a tip, which is quite reasonable in my opinion.

We arrive at 11:30pm for our trip in October. I wasn't planning on packing any checked bags because I did not want to go and wait baggage claim and our "checked" bags are actually 21" spinners (carry-on size) anyways. When I asked about the luggage retrieval and delivery service that the Hyatt offers, it changed my mind. They said they will not only retrieve our bags, they will hold them for us until the morning when we check out so that we can just go straight to bed without being disturbed. When we checkout in the morning, we can grab our bags and head down to Magical Express. So now, we can just bring our backpacks on the plane with us (which will have at least 2-3 days worth of clothes in them) and not worry about dragging our spinners through the airport(s) during our travels and we can get right to sleep as soon as we arrive in Orlando.

How do you arrange the luggage retrieval? We booked two rooms for eight people through hotels.com and arrive at 11:10 pm in October. That could be very handy.

Can you just checkin online or in the app? I know with Hilton you can to save time but not positive with Hyatt.

Just suggesting in case it helps.

How do you arrange the luggage retrieval? We booked two rooms for eight people through hotels.com and arrive at 11:10 pm in October. That could be very handy.
I would think, talk to Bell Services when you arrive. The will likely want your claim checks.

I heard about the service but I have never used it myself. I used Facebook Messenger to contact them and I asked how much it cost and if they would be able to hold our bags until morning. They replied (the next day) and said that it is a $10 fee and that I just need to hold on to my baggage claim tickets that I receive when I check my bags in with the airline. They did not specify any sort of pre-arrival reservation requirement so I would assume that you simply present your baggage claim tickets when you check in at the hotel.

I heard about the service but I have never used it myself. I used Facebook Messenger to contact them and I asked how much it cost and if they would be able to hold our bags until morning. They replied (the next day) and said that it is a $10 fee and that I just need to hold on to my baggage claim tickets that I receive when I check my bags in with the airline. They did not specify any sort of pre-arrival reservation requirement so I would assume that you simply present your baggage claim tickets when you check in at the hotel.

Ok. I called the hotel yesterday and asked, but I don't think the lady understood what I was asking. She told me they didn't offer any service except for those going on a Disney Cruise. Then she said we could pay a fee and bell services would come with us to claim our luggage and help us the next morning take it to ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!