Luggage Storage On Checkout Day

mattu2

Earning My Ears
Just for some background we are going to Disney this coming August. The way the airfares and flight times are working out, it makes more sense for us to check out of Art of Animation and stay at another hotel closer to the airport the night before we leave because it is super early the next morning. I'd hoped we could leave our bags with the front desk while in the parks but I'd called Guest services just now and was told that they won't store bags on checkout day unless you are using Magical Express to return to the airport? Is this true? Would that mean if someone rents a car rather than using Magical Express they'd need to store their bags for the day in their vehicle?

That doesn’t sound right. You should be able to check them for the day to pick up later, as would be the standard at pretty much any hotel.

If this is some new Disney policy it will not go over well, but honestly it just sounds like you got bad information. Maybe call again and see what someone else says.

You can definitely leave your bags with AoA Luggage Assistance(the Value Resort name for Bell Services).

Just for some background we are going to Disney this coming August. The way the airfares and flight times are working out, it makes more sense for us to check out of Art of Animation and stay at another hotel closer to the airport the night before we leave because it is super early the next morning. I'd hoped we could leave our bags with the front desk while in the parks but I'd called Guest services just now and was told that they won't store bags on checkout day unless you are using Magical Express to return to the airport? Is this true? Would that mean if someone rents a car rather than using Magical Express they'd need to store their bags for the day in their vehicle?

Nope, not true! We never used magical express. We have stored our luggage with bell services on every trip until we are picked up by our town car service in early evening. No problem whatsoever ever. Bell services doesn’t care how you are leaving.

Last edited:

Thanks all! I did call them back and spoke with a very nice lady who told me that they'll absolutely store it until midnight of checkout day.
Phew!

Totally false. Amazingly, horrifically, sad that you were told that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!