luggage tip

cmatt

islandman wanna be jimmy buffett is my hero
dont forget to put your name and address in side your luggage as well as out side

I saw an "expert" on safety chat about the tags on the outside of your bags should only have your name and telephone number and the inside show have address, tele # and name. The reason is; if you have your address on the outside of your bag, the BAD GUYS will read that you'll be on vacation and have your address. In principle that sounds good, but I don't think BAD GUYS want to put that much work into robbing your house. Just adding.

On the way out, put the name and address of your hotel so that your bags can be delivered more easily. On the way home, put your business address on the tags, so that they can be returned to you during business hours without your having to wait around for them. Of course, if you don't get them when you arrive, you will have put in a claim, but they have to find the bags in the system before they can get them to you. I keep a copy of my business card in the luggage tags at all times, and add a top slip for each trip on the outbound leg.

I put a copy of our full itinerary inside the bag, in a plastic page protector that is permanently attached to the inside flap. of the suitcase. If you use soft suitcases, linking the zippers with plastic cable ties is a good security measure; you will be instantly alerted that your bags have been opened if they are missing, and they prevent zippers accidentally sliding open.

Add a lime green ribbon,too,it makes it easy to get the right bags at Airport!! and don't forget to put one on your Camera bag!!

Definitely make sure your bags (even carryons) have ID! We walked off and left a carryon bag in the Tampa airport and didn't realize that it was missing until HOURS later. It had no ID and we were very lucky to find it in the airport security office. One other thing to add to the ID tag.... your cell phone number. That way you can be reached anywhere. :)

As someone who travels almost constantly on business (the joys of being a corporate trainer, I suppose) I've learned that cable ties are wonderful. But here's another tip: buy the colored cable ties. The regular white/clear colored ones are easily replaced once cut off by someone unscrupulous enough to get into your luggage. I have tiny ones that are just long enough, and are bright, primary colors. You can usually pick these up at hardware stores, and even some Wal-Mart's carry them.

Probably paranoid, but I'd much rather be safe than sorry! :D

I never put valuables in the luggage, but this past march with locks and all in my DD's suitcase someone decided to cut off the lock and get into her suitcase, a child's suitcase!! Now my address is something I really hate putting in the luggage tags so from now on only names will do, the airline knows where I live!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter