Luggage transfer from value to delux logistics

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
So we’ve done this but it’s been awhile and I don’t remember. We check into all star movies for one night then move to the Contemporary. Do we ring luggage service in the morning we check out or set it up the night before? If we call in the morning how long does it take for them to show up? I assume we tip them? Then at the Contemporary it won’t reach there until the afternoon, but will they just deliver them to the room w/ out us there or do we need to call for them? And of course if we have to call then we would be there to tip.

Another thought in this if we get in pretty late. Can we leave our luggage w/ the baggage people and not have it sent to the room and just have them transfer it straight to the contemporary the next day? This would really be the easiest. We would have the bags of what we need with us so that wouldn’t be an issue.
Thanks!

We did a split stay between the Contemporary and YC last week and it was quite simple. Upon checking out of the Contemporary around 11:00 AM, we stopped at bell services. They took our luggage, told us it would be delivered between 3:00 and 5:00 PM and so it was. Easy peasy and we were in the parks when the luggage arrived to our room. We didn't have them pick it up from the room but since we travel one airline sized spinner per person it was no biggie for us to bring it to the lobby.

Can't say about late arrival scenario from experience but it sounds feasible. If you get no definite response here on your second possibility why not give Disney a call?

HTH

Bell Services will not deliver transferred luggage until you are in the room to receive them. You can certainly leave your bags with Bell Services and ask them to transfer the to the Contemporary, and a tip is always appreciated. Be sure to get a claim tag from the bellman when you make the request.

So we’ve done this but it’s been awhile and I don’t remember. We check into all star movies for one night then move to the Contemporary. Do we ring luggage service in the morning we check out or set it up the night before?

The night before.

If we call in the morning how long does it take for them to show up?

It can be a while which is why we call the night before.

I assume we tip them?

Yes.

Then at the Contemporary it won’t reach there until the afternoon, but will they just deliver them to the room w/ out us there or do we need to call for them?

You'll have to call them from your room.

And of course if we have to call then we would be there to tip.

Which is why you have to call. :thumbsup2

Another thought in this if we get in pretty late. Can we leave our luggage w/ the baggage people and not have it sent to the room and just have them transfer it straight to the contemporary the next day?

Yup.

Bell Services will not deliver transferred luggage until you are in the room to receive them. You can certainly leave your bags with Bell Services and ask them to transfer the to the Contemporary, and a tip is always appreciated. Be sure to get a claim tag from the bellman when you make the request.
I stand corrected. The man took control of the luggage as I corralled the younguns' and he said it was left with Bell Service at lobby level and then brought up to our room when he presented the claim ticket. For me it was simply that the luggage "magically" appeared in our room;).

Another thought in this if we get in pretty late. Can we leave our luggage w/ the baggage people and not have it sent to the room and just have them transfer it straight to the contemporary the next day? This would really be the easiest. We would have the bags of what we need with us so that wouldn’t be an issue.
Thanks!
Yes, we do this often. They are happy to do it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter