Luggage transfer to Swan/Dolphin?

Donald Duck888

DIS Veteran
I know the Disney resorts will transfer luggage between resorts but will they transfer to Swan or Dolphin? Doing a split stay coming up with POFQ then Swan and just want to know if i need to plan a taxi ride for transfer day.

Thanks.

They should. I did on a trip in 2016. Stayed one night at one of the All-Star hotels and then switched to the dolphin. I called bell desk from my room at all stars that am, and they came up to get my luggage for transfer over to dolphin. No issues or strange looks or questions - transferring luggage to dolphin all seemed very routine. So unless something changed you should be good.

I will note that it took a while to get our luggage later that day (around 6 pm as I recall). Not sure if that is typical or just my experience, but FYI.

I know the Disney resorts will transfer luggage between resorts but will they transfer to Swan or Dolphin? Doing a split stay coming up with POFQ then Swan and just want to know if i need to plan a taxi ride for transfer day.

Thanks.
Were you able to have Disney transfer your luggage?

Yes. Disney will transfer luggage to/from the Swolphin and the Disney resorts.

Luggage transfers all happen in a coordinated manner across all the resorts. The process begins about 1pm and should be completed by 4pm, although it can take longer if there is a massive amount of luggage to move.

The Swan and Dolphin participate in this dance.

Steve

Disney also transferred my luggage from Beach Club to the Dolphin with zero issues in Sept. 2019. I did feel a bit silly having them transfer my one (small) suitcase when I could have walked just as easily, but it allowed me to rope drop Epcot.

I assume luggage transfer also works from the Swan/Dolphin to an onsite Disney hotel? We check out of Dolphin and then have one night at an All Star resort. So, it shouldn't be a problem to drop the luggage with bell service at the Dolphin and get it transferred to All Star Sports?

Thinking of a split stay at Swan and AKL in December. Do they still offer luggage transfer between Swan and other Disney resort hotels now after the parks have reopened? TIA!

Last edited:
Hmmm. I was told about a month ago that they would when I booked the first part of our split stay at the CR. We will be there at the end of this month.

Who told you they were moving luggage to/from S/D? The chatter on the S/D thread indicates that they are still not moving luggage there, unless there has been a very recent change.

If this came from a Disney phone CM, I suspect they probably do not have correct current information.

Maybe they were incorrect. It was a CM on the chat feature as well as a response on the planDisney from September. Though we will roll with it, I will be disappointed if they were incorrect.:(

Just back and I can confirm that our luggage was transferred from the CR to the Swan for our split stay. Seemed customary when we dropped it off at the bell desk at the CR.:)

Thank you for updating! This saves me from having to post it as a new question. We are considering adding one more day to our vacation and can't get BCV for a reasonable price (1BR only at $$$$) so I was hoping Disney is still doing bag transfers. We can't decide between getting something cheap just for our last night to sleep only, or should we splurge at GF since it's only 1 night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!