Luggage Transfer?

e mcduck

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone - i'm sorry if this gets asked a lot, i had a hard time searching around. I'm having some spinal issues, and i;m not supposed to be doing much heavy lifting. Unfortunately i also live in a second story apartment!

Edit: im asking about services at my home location - the disney part seems easy since there are bell services and elevators everywhere! :)

my next trip is 3 weeks long - and im going solo - so even packing at my lightest (its part work trip, so i cant get away too light and i have to take lots of tech) i do have to take a bag that will be probably at least 35 pounds, if im lucky. even at my best spinal health i struggled with that. im kind of scared to be honest.

do you all know - is a car service with full baggage service something that even exists? i will pay someone to come and move the bag up and down the stairs for me. if this exists i dont seem to know how to search for it. ive put searches out to all the executive car services and they have all said they cant promise it because it depends on the driver, so this doesnt help me at all. i live in LA - i dont know what to do. so i was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction. even if its - this doesnt exist.

thanks for any tips. thanks all. im a bit nervous.

Last edited:
Where are you staying?

If it’s at one of the WDW Resorts, you can use Magical Express, which is a free bus and their luggage service, which will pick up your bag from baggage claim and bring it to your resort.

Bell Services can deliver luggage to your room.

im not as worried about once i get to orlando - disney seems to take care of that fairly well and there are elevators; im more concerned about the home portion of my trip. but thanks :) :)

Most big cities have town car/limo transportation companies. I am sure if you call them and tell them your issue that the driver would be more then happy to help you out. Good Luck.

Does your employer offer any Employee Assistance Programs? Or have a disability coordinator? I'd think since part of your trip is for work they can set something up to assist.

The help that people suggested above sounds good. But if worse comes to worse carry it down in 5 pound trips and pack it up into one bag where you will be picked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter