LUNACY= Me plus a Half Marathon in April.

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
Fresh from a mostly-walked Marathon Weekend 10k, still glowing with the rush of endorphins and the satisfaction of a solid metal runDisney medal hanging around my neck, I made the mistake of chatting to the two people on the bus with me.
"Are you doing the Dark Side half?," they asked innocently?
"Oh, no--not me--I think it's closed anyway," I replied. "My friend AThrillingChase is doing it though!"
"The half is still open," they insisted. "You could totally do a half if you can do the 10k!"
"Oh, no way; maybe next January," I demurred. "I don't have time to train that soon"
"That is plenty of time," they asserted.

So I went on my demonic smartphone, which was already happily recording my 6+daily walking miles. There is no place like the Happiest Place on Earth to get you in shape for a week whether you want to or not. Sure enough, there were half marathon slots available for the Inaugural Dark Side Half.

And sure enough, my info was somehow already loaded into my active profile...

I ran it by my husband and asked if he wanted to go. He didn't. He did, however, encourage me to. Despite the prospect of being left alone with 3 toddlers for a long weekend. So sure enough $199 and several finger touches later I was booked.

I texted AThrillingChase and told her what I'd done. She seemed thrilled! And despite the healthy terror, I'm just getting more and more excited about a weekend away (yes, I will even RUN for the opportunity for peace and quiet), a fairly imminent fitness goal that should help me drop those pesky winter pounds, and best of all, another trip to the World--adults only! With the recent additions of Trader Sams, Jock Lindsay's, and all kinds of other fantastical adult playgrounds, I can't seem to get enough--and toddlers can definitely get enough. Running a half marathon kind of alleviates some of the 'leaving the kids with dad' guilt as well :)

So here we are--an unexpected visit to the World in April! It looks like many of the DVC options are booked but I've been welcomed to share accommodations with my old friend but new running buddy. So my exact dates are questionable and exact accommodations are questionable but what is certain is that I will be coming home with some cool star wars bling and I'll need to come up with an idea for a running outfit! I've also never gone in April, so I'll be doing some weather and crowd research. I'll be excited to wear my new Spotlight Mickey New Balance shoes, and I wouldn't mind pool time--especially if I get a little more of a runner's bod :)

Sure, it's pricey, but if this successfully motivates me to get into better shape, I will every penny worth it. And what a fun way to do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter